• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Risen Temple

Risen Temple

An ancient ruined island raised from the depths of the ocean floor by a primevil Demon in an effort to gain the powers from within the Risen Temple, has gained attention from the warring factions of Azeroth.

Whilst searching for games on Battle.net I took the time to create this Melee map. It takes a long time to find games at high level. I got a rough idea in my head what I wanted the map to become & as the search times took longer & longer I had more time to enjoy crafting this game that people can treat as a 1v1, 2v2 or FFA map.

Here is a couple of videos regarding the map:

1 -
2 -

The first video shows off the creeps/terrain of the map. It is like a promotional trailer.

The second video is 2v2 & 1v1 gameplay on the map (a more beta like version as I've since took the time to improve it after taking into consideration from the feedback I received and am now very satisfied with how it stands balance wise).

I hope you enjoy.

Keywords:
WTii melee map Risen Temple 1v1 2v2 FFA Sunken Temple Twisted Meadows Murgal Oasis New
Contents

Risen Temple (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet09:19, 6th July 2013 Map Approved Risen Temple (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet09:19, 6th July 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Risen Temple (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The whole game is very wide and lots of creeps encounter which is cool, but uh the problem with each creep is that they are not 'Camped' of there acquisition range so its best if you would convert all of them so that they don't chase you in such a long period and force them to stop on a place, another is there loot its too high though just lessen the level a bit."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Because terrain is too wide, you could have splash the map with enough doodads and tile variations to give it some buffed yet detailed view of the whole map."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"In total, the map can still be approved but please do follow the revisions I have said, it can be a charm and boost rating."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C

Level 13
I took a look at your map. Here are my thoughts:

the good (met requirements)
-sufficient creeps, space, and lumber for a solid game
-terrain looks good (disclaimer: this is not my area of expertise. I defer you to the opinions of others for more credible feedback on terrain).

the bad (things that render this map 'broken')
-you are low on gold for an FFA game. You should remove FFA from the suggested players - or find out how to stuff four more mines in it (which looks like it would be trouble..). Simply increasing the amount of gold in each mine will not cut it, as less than three mines per player is antagonistic to the most successful (and thus common) FFA strategies.

the quirks (uncommon things that are still okay)
-some of your creep camps are set to the 'campaign' aggro range. They are more-or-less out of the way, so it's not a big deal..
-a lot of "level 1 power up" drops.

suggestions (my personal opinions)
-the ramps into the shallow water have 'sharp' edges. perhaps smooth those out a bit.
-use drop tables. It makes it much easier to assess and modify drop balance.