• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wellspring Temple

Tileset: Sunken Ruins & Ashenvale
Players: 4v4 or FFA
Resources: 8x 14,500 (starting positions), 8x 11,000 (natural expansions), 2x 15,000 (middle expansions)
Creepcamps: 12x Green, 28x Orange, 5x Red (4v4), 9x Red (FFA)
Neutral buildings: 4x Tavern, 4x Goblin Shop, 4x Mercenary Camp (Sunken Ruins), 4x Goblin Laboratory, 2x Marketplace, 1x Healthfountain OR Manafountain
Gimmick: Laboratory/Merccamp creep spawns are dependent on fountain spawn (50% Health, 50% Mana):
181580-013d077d13f4754f0fa9371e66a81026.png

v1.2 patchnotes:
Fountain: permanent itemdrop increased to artefact & consumable itemdrop decreased
Middle expansion: creep strength and itemdrop increased
Marketplace: itemdrop changed from consumable to permanent
Natural expansion: removed one tome
Previews
Contents

Wellspring Temple (Map)

Reviews
mafe
This is a very good map, all the more impressive given it's size. I can't criticize much. Itemdrops and creeps are fine. Some stuff I think is worth noting in particular: -Random creeps, but without a big impact on gameplay. -The starting situation in...
Level 26
I very like how you set up the base area, mines take one side and neutral at the other side that's the way to prevent from corner neutral of the map which mostly gave hard time to the player. and the mid design for expo=market. This map your neutral position setup is very interesting!!!

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
This is a very good map, all the more impressive given it's size. I can't criticize much. Itemdrops and creeps are fine.
Some stuff I think is worth noting in particular:
-Random creeps, but without a big impact on gameplay.
-The starting situation in 4v4 is slightly different for ech player. One of the "flank" players will have an easier time to expand then the other, but on a team basis it is fair.
-I'm not a biggest fan of overly safe expansions. But given that they are stable on many 4v4 maps, I cant blame you for doing so.
-The middle creep can aggro on reinforcing units. It's not ideal, but unlikely that it will happen in the early game (it seem like the map should more lean towards two 2v2s on each side instead of 4v1 strategies). By the mid-lategame, I imagine there will be big fights in the middle anyway.

Map Approved.

Level 16
Thanks for the feedback @Zucth and @mafe!

-The middle creep can aggro on reinforcing units. It's not ideal, but unlikely that it will happen in the early game (it seem like the map should more lean towards two 2v2s on each side instead of 4v1 strategies).
Yes, that's exactly what I thought as well. The map will probably play 2v2 in the outer circle in the earlygame and only slowly prograde towards the middle later on. Therefore, early waypoints through the middle seem unlikely. If I am wrong here, I might consider adding gates at the fountain entrances.

Btw, what do you think about the Fountain creepspot with total lvl 37? Imo, Healt Fountain seems balanced but Mana Fountain a little too strong? Other things I considered were removing the Skeletons (-6 lvl) or replacing the Water Elementals by Reef Elementals (-4 lvl and less spell immune units).

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
lvl 37 seems like a lot, but it doesnt really provide any challenge as soon as as 2 players from the same team are there (and they have something to cancel the lightning). Nerubian Passage has a lv 40 camp in the center and that gets taken out quite often. Or was there something else you had in mind?

I'm not really sure about whether health of mana fountain is stronger. All armies need healing, so in that sense healing can be stronger than mana. But on the other hand, for caster-heavy armies mana is probably more sought after. I dont think it will be a game breaker either way.