• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

2015 Year-end Recognition ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png
2015 Year-end Recognition

Hello! Goodbye 2015 and welcome 2016! Let us welcome the new year by starting to recognize members of the Hive on their respective fields. This could be some sort of thanking them for the efforts of making the Hive active and let them to continue their excellent works!

~~~~~~~~~~

CATEGORIES

USER OF THE YEAR
MODERATOR OF THE YEAR
SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
SOCIAL GROUP MAINTAINER OF THE YEAR
MAP MAKER OF THE YEAR
ICON ARTIST OF THE YEAR
CODER OF THE YEAR
TEXTURE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
MODELER OF THE YEAR
TERRAINER OF THE YEAR
MAP OF THE YEAR
ICON OF THE YEAR
SPELL/CODE OF THE YEAR
TEXTURE OF THE YEAR
MODEL OF THE YEAR
TERRAINER OF THE YEAR
HELPER OF THE YEAR
CINEMATIC OF THE YEAR
CINEMATIC MAKER OF THE YEAR
CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR
CAMPAIGN MAKER OF THE YEAR
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Voting Guidelines
1. Vote on at least 5 categories, voting less means it is uncounted.
2. Every category vote must have a description why you have voted for them/it to make it more special or touching.
3. In voting for resources of the year like campaign, map, icons and etc. please include the author or you can link it, so that my work would be lessen for at least a bit.
4. Everybody can vote but please be honest ;P Like others say "Honesty is the best Policy"

Please add description why voted for them, so that I can do something... i mean so that it could be more special.

Note: This is just for fun! The voting will end on January 31, 2015 (same time with the post). Please no duplicate posts, if you want to change your vote you can just edit the post where your votes are on to avoid confusion. Besides, I will count the votes after the end of the poll.

Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
~Reserved for my vote
I did this because I do nothing at home, no photoshop at my new laptop.

USER OF THE YEAR [Ralle/]
Definitely the most useful and most important guy on the site. I rather complement him for maintaining the site for many years and still has the guts to improve the site. He should be the User of the Year 2015 because of his determination. ;D

MODERATOR OF THE YEAR [StoPCampinGn00b]
He's been keeping the Maps Section very clean. For me, he's my favorite moderator of this year.

SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR [RACC]
It is actually RACC which is more active this year. It is actually like PRS before but not now.

SOCIAL GROUP MAINTAINER OF THE YEAR [SCN]
Been a responsible maintainer of PRS. Keeping all members active by VM'ing everyone is such a big effort. And I respect and commend that.

MAP AUTHOR OF THE YEAR [APProject]
Iceborn was sooooo perfect.

ICON ARTIST OF THE YEAR [morbent]
Loved the style, he truly loves digital art so much. For the moose!

CODER OF THE YEAR
Still thinking...

TEXTURE ARTIST OF THE YEAR [-Grendel]
That comeback in skinning got you a Directors Cut! Loved the style even though you only uploaded 1 skin this year.

MODELER OF THE YEAR [-Grendel]
Oh man, those beautiful models you've created. I loved the style of creating models and even the concepts too! Man you're so talented.

TERRAINER OF THE YEAR
Still thinking...

MAP OF THE YEAR [Iceborn]
My most favorite map in terms of graphics and gameplay. APProject, I am waiting for that Acheron's Affliction of yours. ;)

ICON OF THE YEAR
Still thinking...

SPELL/CODE OF THE YEAR
Still thinking...

TEXTURE OF THE YEAR
Still thinking...

MODEL OF THE YEAR
Still thinking...

TERRAINER OF THE YEAR
Still thinking

HELPER OF THE YEAR
Still researching...

CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR

CINEMATIC OF THE YEAR

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

He-y-y-y No Graphics designer of the year? Sigh. Oh well, I love this thread so I'm subscribing it.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Model of the year : Garrosh Hellscream by Tauer
Texture of the year : Nightmare~ naga serpentine.
Icon artist of the year : Blazekraze
Map of the year : just a personal taste, i pick andreariona wow battleground
Helper of the year : Bribe

USER OF THE YEAR : N/A

MODERATOR OF THE YEAR : SCN (ugh, please SCN, change your name coz I kinda have a hard time spelling it right)
His efforts in expanding Hive Network with other sites and being a very friendly moderator. He earned this recognition.

SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR : Resistance Against the Cake Crusade aka RACC
Before you guys slap me for being the current maintainer, this group has decent effort in keeping social group alive for a good amount of time. I would say, one of the most active social group for quite a decently long period during this year.

SOCIAL GROUP MAINTAINER OF THE YEAR : SCN (and again, look at my earlier comment lol)
Maintaining PRS while having a job as moderator sure kick you in the butt right lad? You really do put some serious effort in making the group keep flowing. Unlike a fella of yours here with his group...

MAP MAKER OF THE YEAR : N/A

ICON ARTIST OF THE YEAR : N/A

CODER OF THE YEAR : Quilnez
I guess I have small explanation needed. His submissions and coding skills are undoubtedly great, as shown with his entries, especially 2015 resources of his.

TEXTURE ARTIST OF THE YEAR : N/A

MODELER OF THE YEAR : N/A

TERRAINER OF THE YEAR : N/A

MAP OF THE YEAR : N/A

ICON OF THE YEAR : N/A

SPELL/CODE OF THE YEAR : N/A

TEXTURE OF THE YEAR : N/A

MODEL OF THE YEAR : N/A

TERRAINER OF THE YEAR : N/A

HELPER OF THE YEAR : N/A

CINEMATIC OF THE YEAR : N/A

CINEMATIC MAKER OF THE YEAR : N/A

CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR : Legends of Arkain
Being an awesome campaign series, this campaign deserve some real recognition.

CAMPAIGN MAKER OF THE YEAR : Shar Dundred
I would keep it simple, that he made an amazing series of campaigns.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR : N/A

Most of the N/A are either because I lack experience in the section or I have yet to decide my vote.

USER OF THE YEAR: Ralle
He's the most important guy here, he keep the website running and manages the Hive. Plus, he's the Webmaster, so he should be the User of the Year.

SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR: RACC! (aka The Hive Miracle)
The most active and fun group here in the Hive, for a long time, so it's The Hive Miracle. Activity is still frequent, and we are enjoying ourselves there.

RACC is one of the things that keeps me in the Hive.

It's also the second largest social group if you look at the total post count, just before the Dark Prophecy.

(Don't slap me guys, for voting my own social group, it's my opinion by the way)

SOCIAL GROUP MAINTAINER OF THE YEAR: Daffa the Mage (RACC)

He did quite a good job maintaining the social group active and alive.

MAP MAKER OF THE YEAR: Don't know

MODELER OF THE YEAR: It's quite difficult to consider... General Frank or Ujimasa Hojo?

I don't know. Both of them are equally awesome.

CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR: Legends of Arkain

Level 28
Personally I don't know most of users, but I can say :

USER OF THE YEAR ---> Ralle
MODERATOR OF THE YEAR---> Archain
SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR--- > RACC
SOCIAL GROUP MAINTAINER OF THE YEAR---> I don't know, What does it mean?
MAP MAKER OF THE YEAR---> SpasMaster
ICON ARTIST OF THE YEAR---> Heinvers
CODER OF THE YEAR---> Don't know :(
TEXTURE ARTIST OF THE YEAR---> -Grendal
MODELER OF THE YEAR---> Tauer
TERRAINER OF THE YEAR---> Keiji
MAP OF THE YEAR---> Sunken City
ICON OF THE YEAR---> There is too much <
SPELL/CODE OF THE YEAR---> Don't know :(
TEXTURE OF THE YEAR---> Still thinking...
MODEL OF THE YEAR---> Garrosh Hellscream by Tauer
TERRAINER OF THE YEAR--- Still thinking...
HELPER OF THE YEAR---> Dr Super Good
CINEMATIC OF THE YEAR---> Still thinking...
CINEMATIC MAKER OF THE YEAR---> N/A
CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR---> Curse of the Forsaken by tomoraider
CAMPAIGN MAKER OF THE YEAR---> Shar Dundred
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR---> What does it mean Rookie?

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Social Group Maintainer are just like leaders/master of a certain social groups. Like SCN maintaining the group - The Pinoy Resources Society.
While Rookie, you are new at something but contributed alot to the community by helping and uploading resources. Or beyond that.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I just want to put it out there that anyone voting in any categories that doesn't cast their vote for me will be banned for life and forever. I've never made a model but by god that award will be mine!

USER OF THE YEAR
MODERATOR OF THE YEAR
SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
MAP MAKER OF THE YEAR
ICON ARTIST OF THE YEAR
CODER OF THE YEAR
MODELER OF THE YEAR
TERRAINER OF THE YEAR
MAP OF THE YEAR
ICON OF THE YEAR
SPELL/CODE OF THE YEAR
TEXTURE OF THE YEAR
MODEL OF THE YEAR
TERRAINER OF THE YEAR
HELPER OF THE YEAR
CINEMATIC OF THE YEAR
CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Level 3
MAP AUTHOR OF THE YEAR [APProject]
Iceborn was sooooo perfect.

MAP OF THE YEAR [Iceborn]
My most favorite map in terms of graphics and gameplay. APProject, I am waiting for that Acheron's Affliction of yours. ;)

Wasn't Iceborn released in 2014? Anyway, if it's available, I'll gladly vote for APProject in both categories.

I just want to put it out there that anyone voting in any categories that doesn't cast their vote for me will be banned for life and forever. I've never made a model but by god that award will be mine!

Ehhh..... I vote for Ash.

On a serious note, I doubt I'm in any position judging any Hive member and/or his/her work, but I think this is a great idea. :)
erhaps it should be added to the notices at the top to gain more attention? I think it deserves it.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I will vote for myself in all categories. Because I am special.

In a bad way.

edit:

USER OF THE YEAR - Bribe, underrated person seeing as no one else has mentioned him so far. A very important person to the modding community.
SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR - RACC, simply due activity.
MAP MAKER OF THE YEAR - Tickles, do I need to motivate this? Just check his uploaded stuff, the ones from the recent contests for example.
ICON ARTIST OF THE YEAR - ~Nightmare, because I like the icons made?
TEXTURE ARTIST OF THE YEAR - Heinvers, 3 skins made all of them 5/5. I even think one got a DC, don't quote me on it though.
SPELL/CODE OF THE YEAR - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/uipackage-273281/?prev=r=20&page=2 not quite easy to use (for me), but hell it is an awesome system.
HELPER OF THE YEAR - Dr Super Good, because he is everywhere.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
@Shain: I do think to maps we can consider it but to other resources, no. Because maps are kinda updated periodically. So all maps that are uploaded on Hive can be nominated.

Putting it up in the notices would be a great idea if not it's still okay. ;P

@Chaosy: Stop trolling, nominating me as Icon Artist of the Year is stupid XD (just joking tho). Seriously, you like all of them? If yes, I love you <3 XD
On the side note, I put Tickles as second on the Map Maker of the Year, those maps are awesome, and Quilnez on third. But there's APProject. And Bribe was mentioned as Helper of the Year by Wisdom.

EDIT: I might edit the deadline for more thrill and collect more nominations.

Level 34
Gilles for Rookie of the Year!

Moderator of the year: Ash (I'm really impressed by the new Ash)
Terrainer of the year: Heinvers (I think he made the most terrains this year/was very active. Also the improvement he's made over the last couple years is awesome)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I shouldn't be around, but by God, even if my eyes kill me for it, I will vote here or die trying!

USER OF THE YEAR
SHAR DUNDRED OF COURSE!
Okay, no, absolutely not. Even the lazy Chaosy would be more fitting for this than me.
N/A

MODERATOR OF THE YEAR
Ash
He's just doing a great job, nothing to add here.

SOCIAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
N/A

N/A

MAP MAKER OF THE YEAR
N/A

ICON ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Sin'dorei300
I mean seriously, just look at his work. He created really nice icons this year.

CODER OF THE YEAR
N/A

Heinvers
His skins are just great

MODELER OF THE YEAR
Direfury
While I'd also like to give General Frank a vote, Direfury has uploaded an awesome lot of his HQ models this year.

MAP OF THE YEAR
N/A

ICON OF THE YEAR
N/A

SPELL/CODE OF THE YEAR
N/A

TEXTURE OF THE YEAR
morbent and his Revenant skin for the contest
I love that thing.

MODEL OF THE YEAR
N/A

TERRAINER OF THE YEAR
Heinvers
Look at his work, no need to explain anything.

HELPER OF THE YEAR
N/A

CINEMATIC OF THE YEAR
N/A

N/A

CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR
There are only two campaign projects that I'm interested in: My own and Malfurion's Quest.
I'm not voting for myself for obvious reasons and can't vote for Malfurion either because I find myself in an inner conflict due to the fact that I had the honor being a tester and feedback-giver for Turnro for a while.
Can't vote for Chosen Ones either because it has literally been YEARS since the last time I played it and I, uh, never played it again afterwards, sorry Aero.
Therefore: N/A

Same as with the Campaign of the Year
N/A

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Roland
For his big comeback and because Roooooooldyyyyy.

Level 37
Put into a table because I can.

AwardUser
ModeratorIcemanBo, inhumanely fast when it comes to my reports to threads/posts I see. In the spell section, he has also given detailed reviews, and has personally stuck with me through all the problems I've had with my spells in relation to the review he gave me :)
Icon ArtistBLazeKraze, I just love his style so much. It fits WC3 so well, but still gives it that fresh, new feeling to it. Despite being in a 64x64 resolution, the detail of his icons are so pleasing to look at
CoderBribe, Bribe has managed to give GUI users like me great limits to the normal trigger editor. His resources are extremely GUI friendly despite being coded in JASS. He has even taken the time to explain some of his resources in a video!
ModelerILH, he hasn't really uploaded any resources this year, but personally, this guy has helped me so much with so many small to big edits while I give very little in return. I love his strive to get better by stalking the requests forum and fuliflling the needs of noob users like me with models/effects we are in need of. He has also come to me many times for opinions towards models he makes (but never uploads >.>), which makes me feel warm inside :3 it's not a big deal, but his age alone makes him my aspiration to continue giving to the Hive
HelperPurgeandFire, the first person that pops into my head when I have any questions related to the WE. Extremely nice, gives incredible insight, and even takes the time to provide examples of my problems

Status
Not open for further replies.