• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2012 The Doomed Year?

Do you belive that 2012 is our DOOM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Don't worry, it'll happen soon enough, but not because of outside influence.
Was that a threat? Bring it on.

Bring it on!
Number 3 is verry beliveable, the earth's prbit is changing every year, as the moon goes 3 centimeters more far from the earth. Science estimates that in 400.000.000 years the moon will leave the earth, stoping being trapped by the earth's gravity
Procrastination FTW. I'll let you suckers do the assignment now, when it wont be due for a couple million years.
Better become atheists, we have no god, no devil, we are free, science is our speciallity
Science is your prison. I have science too, but I don't accept the limits you see. You would never invent a way to exceed the speed of light, or teleport, or anything beyond your current belief of physics. You think you can trust your science to such a degree that you have blind faith more than anyone. You think only science has proof, and reject all else in skepticism. A true scientists does not discount what he does not yet know.

This world is your prison.

Hell if I know, but I wont waste my time worrying.

Level 12
No, in 2 months, the Hadron Collider will be activated and we will all become alot thinner as were sucked into a black hole! Or worse, Bush escapes in a space ship and lives to be the last human being, then aliens encounter him and automatically assume the human race is the scum of the earth so they don't clone us. THE END

Level 21
If the moon leaves the earth the earth will start spinning MUCH faster and, the pollution is already a hazard...
The carbon dioxide is the worst factor...
And, if the moon leaves the earth, the seas can dissapear and the earth can become again a volcanic hell like it was first of being hit by another planet that created the moon.
The force of the earth is about 200.000.000.000.000.000.000 Newtons

Level 15
No, in 2 months, the Hadron Collider will be activated and we will all become alot thinner as were sucked into a black hole! THE END

Did you even bother reading whatever article you got that from? Scientists say that the only chance of a black hole appearing (which is very improbable, something like 10,000,000,000 to 1) will be if it's the size of a proton. At which time, they will be able to view it and will seal itself up from lack of power in the time span of 2-3 weeks.

Level 21
Did you even bother reading whatever article you got that from? Scientists say that the only chance of a black hole appearing (which is very improbable, something like 10,000,000,000 to 1) will be if it's the size of a proton. At which time, they will be able to view it and will seal itself up from lack of power in the time span of 2-3 weeks.

99.(9)% possible!

Level 2
No, in 2 months, the Hadron Collider will be activated and we will all become alot thinner as were sucked into a black hole!

I reckon the most damage that thing is gonna do is blow up an area...the size of Switzerland...

How very convenient that the Swiss will be destroyed by the European Organisation for Nuclear Research.

THATS FOR REMAINING NEUTRAL.

Thats all its gonna do...

Level 9
World would only end if there is a meteor hit the earth or the earth core stop spinning.

Apart from this 2 reason, there is other reason as well.. lazy to explain it..

If I hadn't made it clear in my earlier comment, I believe humanity will destroy itself before anything else does. Eventually, we'll have a nuclear (or worse) war and everyone will die. Everyone. That'll be that. Those that don't die in the initial destruction will die from the aftermath. Perhaps a few colonies will survive outside of most of the blast, but given the clouding of the earth by debris (given enough nuclear destruction), they won't last very long either.

Level 21
Watch Discovery Channel every sunday at 10 o'clock, Fag...
6 or 8 :xxd: ideas that can save our planet...
And, if you haven't seen yet, every day thousands of trucks are carrying echologic equipment... If you haven't seen, Then here is something wrong....
Every day i see trucks carying ecologic equipment from Germany, England and Japan here...

Level 22
Lemme give you some update on possible 'doom' days.

- Spring of 2009 - The CERN experiment will take place and 2 particles will collide with each other. 3 theses are discussed 1) a black hole will occur and swallow us! 2) our planet will explode after the experiment 3) we will go the way of the dinosaurs. Will such things happen? NO - the scientists predict only tiny blackholes as small as a sand grain with no effect on us.

2028 - a meteorite's orbit crosses the Earth's orbit so in 2028 the meteorite and the Earth will collide because they will reach each other at that time. Will it happen? Hardly, like the many cases of that kind.

I don't know about your associations with 2012 though the thread starter mentioned nothing. Oh I know! Aliens will take over the US government and from 2012 USA will have a new president - from NGC 1976 planet alpha! Also USA will stand for United States Of Aliens and Independence Day will be the day they get rid of the aliens, of they get rid of 'em at all..

To sum up.Some things are just theories.The Mayan Calendar,ends there and a lot of people trust it,but there is nothing you can tell for sure.At 2000 a lot people were believing something like this will happen again.The only big destruction I remember is the 9/11 and the war at Iraq but the humanity still exists.So,I think that people shouldn't take this so seriously like they did.

Level 5
Ok i read maybe 6 replies into this but right now i am under the belief that his if your wrong or right it doesnt matter is just some garbage now if he had some facts i would have believed him such as an actual report from the government or such as some sort of #1 trusted website saying aliens or meteors and junk i really dont care hes just pulling the wool over eyes or trying to 2012 is not the end maybe more like 8012 if were still alive...

Ok i read maybe 6 replies into this but right now i am under the belief that his if your wrong or right it doesnt matter is just some garbage now if he had some facts i would have believed him such as an actual report from the government or such as some sort of #1 trusted website saying aliens or meteors and junk i really dont care hes just pulling the wool over eyes or trying to 2012 is not the end maybe more like 8012 if were still alive...

You can't trust these #1 sites.They are the same like all others.Some of these #1 says Bush did good at Iraq.

Level 9
Seriously... how the hell could doom come to the world when LONDON is hosting the OLYMPICS :D!
It's in another 4 years... which means yes doom CAN come because it could be the American election meaning some meatbag will get voted, ww3 will start... and England (aka america's lap dog) will have to join in even though 99% of us wouldnt fight for the sake of America...

(wewt ma 200th post!)

Level 9
I feel Britain is America's lapdog still... we seem to go and fight stupid wars for their sake. I mean... America only goes to war if there is oil involved lol, and England follows.
I am happy America has elected a democratic government, and I hope England elects a conservative government. A change in both countries government should mean less of a bond.

I am happy to live in a country allied with America, but I disagree with the fact it joins America in battle.

Also, did you know America funded Egypt in a war when France and England were invading? (I'm happy Egypt won) but I mean still... after ww2 you would think they'de have been nicer to their allies ^^

Level 5
Ok that doesnt even sound right how did we go from doom to england and egypt and taxpayers money hmmmm if had to guess id say America doesnt have a lap dog we would never accept a lap dog and i really doubt England joins in on all of ours fights... if that was true where were they when we fought in Korea... or after pearl harbor... i think we pick our fights well assuming we're gonna have no help

I think aliens will come, and then w'ell all be f*^cked... it could be the end.
ufo-trindade-brazil-1958.jpg

Level 9
We have better astronomers who can pretty much predict to the hour when we will be hit by asteroids etc. Plus... Jupiter pulls most of the asteroids away from earth anyway.
(btw... You Double posted (OMGBBQ!))

Status
Not open for further replies.