• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2012 The Doomed Year?

Do you belive that 2012 is our DOOM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Are you believing about it?..

That 2012 will be the year that world will Be Destroyed?..

Discuss!

TDR

TDR

Level 18
A good buddy of mine will have his 30th birthday exactly on December 21 2012...and we nicknamed him "beast" without knowing his birthday or being aware of this...also he oftanly says "ce? ce? ce?" (what? what? what?) instead of a single "ce?" and when he writes it down it looks like 666...he's the Antichrist :O
Oh, and also his name is Christian...so he'll be Anti-Christian...antichrist...

I'm not joking, by the way. All those are true facts except of course that he's actually the antichrist...but we shall see.

Last edited:
Level 5
Year 2012, the final alien colonization of the earth. The Truth Is Out There!
But if i am serious, and not quoting The X Files, i'd say no, noting is going to happen.

Level 21
Who belives that 2012 is the end of the world SUCKS!
This can't happend, our world is safe... Science made so in 2134 we, the humans, will move to mars planet, because N.A.S.A. already launched special facotries on mars that are eliminationg gases to create carbon dioxide for making an atmosphere. Plants will can grow there, and the plants will create oxigen. So our world is safe, we live now, but our kids, nect generation will have a better life, probably somewhere else in the universe.

That's the truth!
Cake is a lie!

Level 11
You need to remember that it doesn't matter what you think; if you think that the World will end, and it does, then you are right, but that doesn't matter. 'cause you're dead. If you put your money on that it isn't gonna end; then you're wrong. But, that doesn't matter either. 'cause you're dead.

So, if the World ends, it doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong. If it doesn't then it matters, and it is better to have had your hope all along. 'cause positive thinking is good for you.

Level 34
1939-1945: We thought we would die and get nazified.
1945-1989: We thought we would die by nukes.
1999-2000: We thought we would die by a major electronic fallout.. well mostly Americans believed that.
2000-2012: We shall think we die by economical disruption, drowning and/or through a McCainian issue.
2012 and beyond: We shall think we die by aliens, wars, terrorism, religionis stuff, by the Swiss and their LHC thing, asteroids, planetairy ex/im-plosion and other kinds of things.

People, stop worrying, there's a tiny chance we would die now or around 2012.

1939-1945: We thought we would die and get nazified.
1945-1989: We thought we would die by nukes.
1999-2000: We thought we would die by a major electronic fallout.. well mostly Americans believed that.
2000-2012: We shall think we die by economical disruption, drowning and/or through a McCainian issue.
2012 and beyond: We shall think we die by aliens, wars, terrorism, religionis stuff, by the Swiss and their LHC thing, asteroids, planetairy ex/im-plosion and other kinds of things.

People, stop worrying, there's a tiny chance we would die now or around 2012.

Well,most americans believe this too.Something's weird with these people. :/

Level 21
:aa:
America was hit by a solar storm, all the electricity gone in america and a part of europe... I don't remember exactly when this happends but i think it was on 2000...

Edit : relligion stuff? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Level 34
UchihaSasuke.gr,

that's what I said in a non-flameable/trolling way in the Obama-shooting thread but they neg repped me anyway, just because they're Republicans.

Now let's get back to the topic.

Last edited:
Level 15
1) The LHC would never have brought the destruction of mankind. If it did make a black hole, it would be the size of an atom and virtually useless.
2) There's really no evidence that anything will happen in 2012 besides the ending of the Mayan Calendar. People say a giant meteor will come and hit the Earth, blah blah blah, but the truth is that we can knock that meteor off its course simply by redirecting it's polar trajectory.
3) The only chance that scientists are willing to admit is that the Earth's polar magnetic fields are slowly reversing, causing the orbit to become more and more eliptical. I also think it may have something to do with the gravity, but I'm not sure.

Level 35
I remember the last time the world ended...The year 2000 I believe...fun year.

I remember the last time the world ended before that...lets see...130 AD...I believe Rome finally collapsed...what a hell hole of fun that turned out to be hoo hoo yeah.

Level 21
1) The LHC would never have brought the destruction of mankind. If it did make a black hole, it would be the size of an atom and virtually useless.
2) There's really no evidence that anything will happen in 2012 besides the ending of the Mayan Calendar. People say a giant meteor will come and hit the Earth, blah blah blah, but the truth is that we can knock that meteor off its course simply by redirecting it's polar trajectory.
3) The only chance that scientists are willing to admit is that the Earth's polar magnetic fields are slowly reversing, causing the orbit to become more and more eliptical. I also think it may have something to do with the gravity, but I'm not sure.

Number 3 is verry beliveable, the earth's prbit is changing every year, as the moon goes 3 centimeters more far from the earth. Science estimates that in 400.000.000 years the moon will leave the earth, stoping being trapped by the earth's gravity

Edit : I think that relligion is a bullshit(I think, this is not offense and i don't want to make people have the same opinion like me)...
Better become atheists, we have no god, no devil, we are free, science is our speciallity

I want to be astrophysician =]
Yes, that includes absolutely ANYTHING out of terra

Status
Not open for further replies.