• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

(2)Raspberry Peak v1.1

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
(2)Raspberry Peak
Player Suggest: 1v1
Map Creator: Zucth
Idea: MK and Warden buff

230173-f973a59fd060d674adbd0275bca3337c.jpg

Map Description:
A lighten sweet green pass drop between the raspberry canyon create this place as a peak. A traveler was once say, I heard you love green grass... Take all you want.

Neutral Building:
6 Expansion Goldmines
1 Tavern
2 Lab
2 Goblin Merchant

ATR version: with help from Knecht
6 Expansion Goldmines
1 Tavern
2 Lab
2 Tavern - ICG
2 Goblin Merchant
2 middle contest Corrupt NE well with RoR
16 raspberry bush (8 per side)

+custom creep
+custom c2 (vampire potion rework), p1 (goblin scope) with fixed gold value.
+custom ability (vampire potion rework, raspberry bush)
+custom buff (vamprie potion)
+custom item (raspberry bush)

Creep Camp:
4 Green
12 Orange
2 Red

Information:
-playable size 80x80 which is very small
-x2 c3 and p3 for mk and warden first heroes. (similar to TS)
-Safe lab camp near base
-Inspiration TS_LV & LR
-RoR at red spot. (Free Heretic lv5)
-A full outland map but barely red.

-v1.1 creep balance tweak + terrain curve down a bit.

Creator Note:
-The map was originally create for ATR cup but I made a normal version for any who interest. +to pass on hiveworkshop website it's need a melee condition.
-In reforged version the map will be a lot brighter
Previews
Contents

(2)Raspberry Peak (Map)

(2)Raspberry Peak ATR (Map)

(2)Raspberry Peak v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Remixer
Review - Raspberry Peak (Version September 27th 2023) Description: Raspberry Peak is a visually pleasing map that offers pleasant and beautiful contrast over a mixture of Outland-tiles and vibrant grasses. The package includes a slightly altered...
Level 6
Looks kind like Last Refuge — that's what I don't like in modern melee map making, all maps look the same (not visually, but in terms of tactics and map layout)

But I like that you added ATR version!

Last edited:
Level 26
Looks kind like Last Refuge — that's what I don't like in modern melee map making, all maps look the same (not visually, but in terms of tactics and map layout)

But I like that you added ATR version!
Welp it wasn't an easy task to create a map to support Warden and MK first heroes. it's need a lot of safe creep camp(which is how it work on Terenas Standard LV or TS_LV). LR layout is one of the choice. If you wonder why most the creep spot are always the same. it was because the standard of a melee map that got higher up by time. Most of the map are going between lv9-11 as first camp because of NE AoW spot that's need. I would say that this map is already very different because of the instant lv2 spot that's everywhere difference from most of the mappool (W3Champions) right now. I believe SG has instant lv2 merc, NI 5-4-4 yellow spot close spawn. Other would be old map which I dont remember.
:mwahaha:
Anyway, ATR version just got update feel free to check it out there are a lot of change if you try before the post version. Let's hope that it will got into the ATR cup next season which will be in the next 3 months.

Level 6
Just noticed that there are new creeps and an item called Raspberry bush. Can you please describe what are new creeps and item about?

Level 7
I like the creep variety. Expansions look cool. The rune of resurection for that level 5 super acolyte is amazing. I miss some green spots but I found some orange creep camps are easy to get. Really nice work. There is only thing that it makes me feel annoyed regarding towards the map is the height. Some places of the map are very very high, especially the top spawn position. Some corner creeps are also placed in high terrain. I'm not a big fan of this, but I would love to see more opinions
Great job overall Knecht, Zucth ✌

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Review - Raspberry Peak
(Version September 27th 2023)
Description: Raspberry Peak is a visually pleasing map that offers pleasant and beautiful contrast over a mixture of Outland-tiles and vibrant grasses. The package includes a slightly altered version that offers customized creeps and free pick-up items that heal your units after fights.
Terrain: The terrain is very pretty, with a nice mixture of deep reds and vibrant greens. The color usage is not overly ecstatic, which is good. Version 1.1 is a considerable update for the visuals, as the rather skimpy-looking trees have been changed to nicer-looking ones and tile blending has been improved as well. Good job. Usually, you'd like to stick to offering just one version of the map, but considering the version-wide difference I think here it is good to offer both. I'd still love to see the trees on version 1.0 be changed to the Ashenvale and Lordaeron variants, but I'd see the previous version quite marginal. Very clever usage of Short Bridges (Dead) to create pillar-like structures. Some of the larger objects (City Building Base Ruined) could be lowered a little to sink them at least partially underground, as the floating wooden planks are a little disturbing.
Layout: The layout consists of small islands of obstacles. The whole map is mirrored properly, featuring a diagonal match-up, with little objects on the map to be contested, with the Tavern and Red Camps being practically the only exceptions. The shops are placed relatively close to the players, granting the players early and fast access to purchasable items and possible early harassment. The altered versions also switch the location of Goblin Laboratories to the Red Camps, though I do wonder what the usage of Goblin Laboratory if it is gated behind a 23-level creep camp that does not sleep.
Creeps: The creeps differ greatly between the versions and version 1.1 is more coherent and consistent and easier to read than the other versions. The base version has some unusual combinations of creeps that don't necessarily fit each other thematically as well as making them harder to read (the more uncommon they are, the less likely players are to know their strength). In version 1.1 Unit Skin function has been used to turn Tuskarr Healer to look like a Satyr, which enhances the visual appeal of the camp without being drastically disturbing from a gameplay perspective, as the two creeps used are close to one another in power. The runes of rebirths in the corners always roll the same unit, which makes the random unit quite obsolete, this could be fixed (applies to version 1.1). The altered version does not bring a lot of extra value to the map as the custom creeps are brand-new and thus create confusion. If played a lot they could be a nice addition, though I feel like the Corrupted Moon Wells and Raspberry Bushes could be very well included in just a normal version of the map as well (without need of custom creeps). Considering the Raspberry Bushes: they are falsely titled (they do not heal an area, only the unit that picks them up), please fix this. I feel like the melee value of the map is actually reduced in the altered version, as it moves the Goblin Laboratories, and introduces new creeps (that are not necessary or greatly improve the map in any way).
Gameplay: Version 1.1 is a very nice looking, functional map for two players, version 1.0 is the same with slightly worse visual aspects and coherency of the creep camps, but still very playable. The altered version is a strange mixture of custom content and standard melee: while the custom content does not stray that far from the classic melee, it creates a puzzling confusion and can alter balance in surprising ways; for better or for worse.

The gameplay itself revolves around each player conquesting their objectives, and harassing tactics: the terrain leaves little room for caging in an enemy hero or patrol and has a lot of room for maneuvering and open pathways for harassing. Larger fights are less likely as there is little reason to all-in your opponent. With two relatively easy expansion gold mines and lots of lumber resources available (in addition to early Goblin Laboratory) one can expect to see prolonged games with large armies. The altered version affects these points somewhat: Harass can be more effective due to the free pick-up healing items and Goblin Laboratories which offer faster scaling are removed from the early game and instead replaced with Mercenary Camps.

Recommendations:
Fix the issue with the Raspberry Bushes in the Altered version. I'd also recommend thinking about whether the Altered Version brings much more value to the map. I'd also question why the Icecrown Mercenary Camps instead of for example Ashenvale. The random creep in the corner red camps is useless as it only has one option to roll into: perhaps add more options (that would add more interest to the RoR) or replace it with the actual creep itself. Overall very nice work on the map, version 1.1 is nice looking and good quality, the altered version needs more tweaking.