• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Peak

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Dragon Peak is a normal 1v1 or 2v2 map. Each player will start in one of the corners of the map, being able to expand to a nearby gold mine guarded by a red creep camp. In the center of the map, there lies a mountain that can be climbed to reach a Green Dragon Roost and 2 aditional gold mines, each containing 15000 gold. There are two possible paths towards the peak of the dragon mountain that only intersect at the dragon roost. Each path is guarded by two orange creep camps.

HINT: Even though reaching the top of the mountain and defeating the dragon will surely give you a great advantage, you can also easily defeat your opponents by simply avoiding it...

Story:

"It is said that at the very top of a great mountain, there lies a great treasure guarded by the spirit of a mighty dragon. Now it's up to you to discover if it's true or just a fairytale..."

Features:

-2 Goblin Labs
-2 Shops
-1 bonus Gold mine for each player (10k gold)
-2 Gold mines at the top of the mountain (15k gold)
-a green dragon roost in the centre of the map/top of the moutain.
-great environment :D (actually that's up to you to decide hehe)

And here's a small screenshot:

scrinsot.jpg

~Tusky

Keywords:
dragon, mountain, peak, melee, 2v2, normal
Contents

Dragon Peak (Map)

Level 7
Fix Description please P:

To Tusky: I can see you are trying to become a master map maker and are trying to do everything right but here are a few tips that will not only stop your map from being rejected it will also get you more downloads.

Bad description = rejection = no downloads! Fix the description please!

• Credits
  • Screenshots
  • Background info
  • Gameplay
  • Change-log
  • Youtube video
  • Upcoming update log
  • What makes this unique from all other melee build a base type maps?

If you need more help on the description go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/importance-description-127031/#post1117301

Just a few things to make the map description 100%.

Also you could add a custom preview image to your map to make it look a bit more inviting and to make people want to download it more.

PS: I vote for rejection! until the description is fixed.

Hope I helped and can't wait to see this map scale to even bigger heights,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Good luck with the map I'll download it one the description becomes interesting.

Last edited:
Level 7
Im sorry and you could still improve description

This is not an angel arena... It's a melee map. Normal map where you build stuff...

I have no credits to give because I made it all by myself

Yo thanks for the quick reply. I didn't mean to say it was an angel arena type map, that came from my old post that I had copied and pasted into this one and forgot to edit that bit out.

Also you could take the time time to improve the description with what I had suggested above and add a custom preview image?

Plus you could state in the description somewhere that all credits go to yourself as you made the whole map, then we would know.

Anyhow thanks for replying,
Lag_Reviews!

PS: Will download and review when the description is better as for now it just sounds like a normal melee build a base type map with nothing spectacular and unique in it.

Level 31
Bad description = rejection = no downloads! Fix the description please!

His description ain't that bad, but it ain't that horrible either since it explain most of the content in the map. It was just that his description was way too plain, boring and messy.

As for Ale_tuskarr, you can view this sample of my map thread to see how a sample description goes.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/garuda-ruins-95423/?prev=u=Septimus&r=20&page=2

Also you could take the time time to improve the description with what I had suggested above and add a custom preview image?

Melee map does not need custom preview image. It just need a screenshot to let people have a look at how the terrain look like.

Plus you could state in the description somewhere that all credits go to yourself as you made the whole map, then we would know.

Credit are only needed if there is a sources that are not make by him.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The terrain is aesthetically pleasing, though it's very tight making it difficult to move around. The creeps are slightly difficult to defeat early on and their drops are rather weak.
Not a big fan of the spiral in the middle, but each to his own taste, I guess.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Dragon Peak"

This map breaks several of Blizzard's rules. First, creeps guarding Gold Mines should have their acquisition range set to Normal. Second, players should have sixteen large grid squares for building. Pathing-wise, there's nothing to praise about this map. There is no good location to fight except on a base with its trees cut down. I'm sorry if it comes off as harsh, but a «dragon peak» is simply a bad concept for a melee map. Melee maps need room for fighting.
I didn't even know I had posted in this map thread, but it seems I did actually warn about the Satyr Hellcaller dropping a lvl2 permanent. Apparently, it was not fixed after all this time, from which I can only assume the author doesn't plan to fix it.
My rating for this map is 2/5 (Lacking). The map is Rejected.