• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 questions: stun effect imunity, DOT spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
try making a trigger that checks every 0.05 seconds if a unit or unit type is stunned

If they are stunned, remove buff

try making a spell based off Channel with Unit selection

when spell is casted, create dummy unit to cast the other spell made out of Shadow Strike

Level 6
let me restate the second question:

Is there anyway you can make it so you can have 2 of the same DOT spells on one unit, im trying to make a Serpent sting, and a corruption spell, both are based on the shadow strike spell, i made them seperate abilities, and gave them seperate buffs, how ever one just cancels the other out : (
is there anyway i can make like 10 different damage over time spells with out using the same base spell like shadow strike.

and i tried that, but it still will mess up the other units cast time, even though hes stunned for .05 seconds, anything else?

Level 6
Well, attach the effect you want in the target unit.
Do a periodic damage
Make a float text with the damage.

And you got a staking spell.

a little more specific please, can you copy a trigger in another reply so i can better understand how to do this?

And how can i go about doing that Dinuh? because i already tried yours O2, it works ok but it still interupts channeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.