• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Specific Spell Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there a way to make a certain unit type immune to a specific buff or a certain spell? Can I make orc grunts for example immune to stun effects? Can I make night elves immune to 'charm'? Something like that.

Level 8
I haven't tested it, but I think that removing the stun buff would still cause the unit to be interrupted. Can't there be a trigger to cause the spell to NOT make a buff on that certain unit type in the first place?

Level 11
Have you tried something like:

A unit starts casting a spell.

Spell being cast equal to Storm Hammer.

Target of spell equal to Grunt.

Cancel spell.

Display custom error message.

Keep in mind that triggers are not instantaneous, and if many triggers occur at the same time so you might want to add a small cast time to the Storm Hammer spell.

I don't think you can make the Grunt immune to just the stun effect without removing the stun effect afterwards (the unit will still be interrupted). You could just cancel the spell and then use another trigger to deal damage to the Grunt equal to the Storm Hammer's damage. This will simulate the effect you wanted without the stun.

Level 8
If you don't have too many specific immunities, you could use Death Adder's [post=2815707]unit class method[/post] from a recent thread here on The Hive. It's quite ingenious in my opinion and can be used to make your Night Elves immune to Charm without any triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.