• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

stun and DoT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do i make a spell stun target, and make it damage unit over time, only by using triggers and not using storm bolt to stun? :)

Level 25
Use the channel spell as a base ability, set it to targeted point.
Create a trigger, create a dummy unit (with BASH set to 100%) next to the targeted unit of the ability being cast.
Order the dummy unit to attack the targeted unit of ability being cast.
Create a different dummy with the SHADOW STRIKE ability and order it to cast it on the targeted unit of ability being cast.

Cleanup leaks.

Level 18
Use the channel spell as a base ability, set it to targeted point.
Create a trigger, create a dummy unit (with BASH set to 100%) next to the targeted unit of the ability being cast.
Order the dummy unit to attack the targeted unit of ability being cast.
Create a different dummy with the SHADOW STRIKE ability and order it to cast it on the targeted unit of ability being cast.

Cleanup leaks.

That'll do, too.

Level 4
Thank you LordDz
The stun works great, but yea as Wietlol says i want the DoT to scale with agility. How do i do that?

Level 24
Then you probably want to use real triggering for that.

My Effect Over Time System (link in signature) is in my opinion the most advanced solution to these things.
There is an in-build expansion for damage over time to make the use of that relatively often used feature easier.

You should look at the examples in that map and try to make this one.
Because you already have a buff, (the stun one,) you can use that buff and no buff holder to link that buff to the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.