• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Make a custom DoT with effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make an ability to the Archmage that is substitute to the mass teleport, I chose to be Ice Capsul (Ice Block)
description: Turns an enemy unit into an ice block, doing 20 damage per seconds for 20 seconds.

And I imported a model from the site(for the effect)

I used Breath of frost to customize it because it has DoT, It does not DoT :thumbs_up: . (maybe because of the PAUSE?)

Look at my trigger for the spell >>

• Cast cube
    • Events
      • Unit - Archmage 0001 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ice Capsul
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the Center of (Target unit of ability being cast) using war3mapImported\ice cube.mdx
  • palaIce
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.14 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Paladin 0000 <gen> has buff Ice Capsul) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Unpause (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Also I wanna ask are thee any other fixed blizzard position for effects except overhead, and head? :xxd:

PS: maybe the DoT doesnt work because of te pause? :D I dont know how to set a second effect,on the spell, like stun that does not interfere with other stuns on the map.

So basically the two problems are stun and special effect(the whole unit is in block (because the spell's attachment is only for 1 second))

Level 9
1.Is there a way to change the scale of the effect/ice block? and
2.Can I order the dummy to apply custom made spell?(the stun which lasts longer than normal storm bolt)

1. Yes, use dummies as effects and apply expiration timers to them. Change the unit's Size and there you go
2. Sure, just use the "Order Id" to order dummy to use the spells, means if custom stun based on storm bolt, the dummy should be order to cast Storm bolt unless you change it yourself.

1. Yes, use dummies as effects and apply expiration timers to them. Change the unit's Size and there you go
2. Sure, just use the "Order Id" to order dummy to use the spells, means if custom stun based on storm bolt, the dummy should be order to cast Storm bolt unless you change it yourself.

How do i call the spell with the ID,cast by the dummy, on the target affected by the effect??? I order the dummy to stun the target in range of melee with the custom dummy stun spell(ID)

Last edited:
If the spell is based on Storm Bolt, order it to cast Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt on target unit of ability being cast. Unit - Issue an order targeting an object category. Basically order it to use the ability the dummy ability is based on.

The custom spell, based on storm bolt, has 20 sec duration, not 3. That's why I ask. I don't want to stun the target for 3 sec, i want for 20. AND I won't change the duration of original spell because the mountain king use it. These are two spells

Can Someoen Tell me why the ice block do not disappear from the target after the effect of the spell disappear?
  • Cast ice block
    • Events
      • Unit - Archmage 0001 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ice Capsul
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Unit - Add Storm Bolt to Archmage 0001 <gen>
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Stun for Player 2 (Blue) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order Archmage 0001 <gen> to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to DUMMY_STUN
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Storm Bolt from (Triggering unit)
  • remove effect
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.11 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in DUMMY_STUN) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in DIVINE_PROT and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Ice Capsul) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from DUMMY_STUN
              • Wait 0.09 seconds
            • Else - Actions
I also tried with dummy but it's suitable for one specific player, otherwise it gets complicated

The wait is there to help the trigger to function. Ha-ha! is that all you can think?

The wait is not your problem, but the dummy unit that has to be destroyed after the spell effect fades.
(also I used the dummy to move him instantly on the target but then the command to move him back didnt work...)

Status
Not open for further replies.