• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] 2 questions :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Whats up all? hehe I have some questions since I am new
and most of you guys have more experience I would like to ask some
questions:
1- Can you make a gold mine that mines itself without peasant?
2- In an attachment, can you replace a weapon for an attachment?
Example: Replace Footman's sword with an attachment sword

Level 14
1. As adiktuz said you can trigger it. Every x seconds check to see if you have a gold mine and add y gold to your player.

2. There are a bunch of weaponless models here Just attach the weapons you want. The problem is that they don't have any portraits so you'll have to add them. You will need to export the portrait of the model you want in Magos, import it into your map, and change the path to the path of your model and add _portrait at the end. (I think that is it) You can find a tutorial somewhere I'm sure.

Most of the models there doesn't need a separate portrait model since they already come with a portrait camera...

basically, to have a portrait

you do 1 of the following:

1) Have a portrait camera for that model
2) Have another model named as modelname_portrait

Most of the new ones do either of those two... Only the older (2009 below) models seem to have forgot it... at least I encounter no portraits for old models more than I encounter then on new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.