• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding some abilities and thingies, which are bothering me and I can't get any workaround solution.

So lets begin:

1) Can Sacrifice (ability which turns acolyte into shade) summon any other unit instead of Shade?

2) Can you somehow upgrade an ability with research?
I tried, but It just doesn't work. Uploaded 2 pics showing the ability and upgrade configuration.

Ability.jpg Research.jpg

3) Can Forked Lightning display custom missiles?

4) How to attach special effect to Big Bad Voodoo, tried every attachment point field and nothing works.

5) Can Phoenix Fire ability display icon? Cause it has an icon, but it seems like it never displays it.

1) looks hardcoded, not changeable.
2) To impove abilties with techs:
set inside the Tech: Data - Effect "Ability Level bonus", base 0, increment 1.
And inser the tech into "Techtree - upgrades used" of the unit, now the ability should level up.
Not all Abilities support multiple leveles.​
4) The effect displayed for big bad voodoo, is defined inside the buffs the spell is using.

Level 4
1) Found a "workaround" solution with mount hippogryph ability
2) It was already based from hero ability: Searing Arrows and ty @Tasyen now it works!
3) Damn, shitty hardcode...
4) Now it works! ty again @Tasyen
5) Damn again, shitty hardcode...

Ty both for your help guys, +2 rep for both and extra +2 for @Tasyen for giving me solutions for 2) and 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.