• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I change the default setting of a certain building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone.

You can all call me Daice,

I have a big problem my friends and I'm hoping that someone can help me about it.
Currently I'm trying to make a practice WC3 map using world editor (Newgen), and I'm trying edit Sacrificial Pit (Undead Building), I've edited it by changing the Art (Icon) Art (Model), Tech Required, and most of all is the Building Ability option. I'm trying to change the default training unit of Sacrificial Pit (Unit Shade) to something else, and as I tried to change the Ability settings of the Sacrifice (Sacrificial Pit), and Sacrifice (Acolyte). However, there is no options about Data (Alternate Form Unit) and Data (Normal Form Unit). I really wish to change the Art (Icon) and Art (Model) of the Abilities I've mentioned. I've did all possible ways that I could think of, I've already change default Settings of Shade, well, it worked, but what I really need is to make different kinds of unit using the Sacrifice Ability.

I'm so sorry to bother you all with this question, but I promise you guys that I've tried everything. I'm just a newbie here trying to make a map, a map that everyone can enjoy playing it someday. Thank you all.

Level 12
It's hard coded to make shades, so it shouldn't be possible to do it using just the object editor.

But here's a workaround Sacrifice Acolyte...another unit? (haven't tested it myself though)

Alternatively you could just use some ability that doesn't do anything, like a custom channel ability, and when the ability is cast replace the unit that cast the spell/was the target (depending on whether it was the unit itself or the sacrificial pit that used the ability)

This way you have the original unit type to use without having to use another trigger, so you can just check if sacrifice unit A -> new unit A, sacrifice unit B -> new unit B, etc. instead of replacing the shades.

Level 1
I see. That is a great way to do it. But I'm a bit confuse of the process that you've mentioned. I don't know how to initiate it because, there is still some parts of the editor (newgen) that I do not understand. Kind sir, can you please give me an example of what should I really do?

Level 39
Create a new ability based on Channel (raw code ‘ANcl’) with the appropriate options set. This is now your custom sacrifice ability. You will need a trigger to catch the cast of this ability and replace the triggering unit with the appropriate unit.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to ABILITY
  • Actions
    • Unit - Replace (Triggering Unit) with a NEW UNIT using the old units relative life and mana
If you want to have multiple different units to sacrifice into you will need multiple abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.