• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] phoenix fire problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
in my map, there is an upgrade which gives a unit the phoenix fire ability.

if you don't know what that is, it's the ability that makes the phoenix periodically shoot fire randomly

anyways, this ability is researched through an upgrade from the blacksmith, pretty standard. but, when i test it in game, the unit always has the ability even if i didn't research it. i checked the spell many times to make sure the dependencies where correct and the upgrade was needed for the spell.

i can't figure out any solution. if this is a unfixable problem because it's hardcoded, is there any way to trigger this then?

Last edited:
Level 6
  • Research
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Crossbow Manning (Fel)
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to War Station))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set PickedUnit = (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to PickedUnit
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Level 7
New Unit
joinminus.gif
events.gif
Events
line.gif
joinbottom.gif
unit.gif
Unit - A unit is trained/built

joinminus.gif
cond.gif
Conditions
line.gif
joinbottom.gif
if.gif
(unit-type) Equal to War Station

joinbottomminus.gif
actions.gif
Actions
empty.gif
line.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to triggering unit

Make this trigger initially turned off and in the trigger given above by Wolf_Wing you can add an action which turns my trigger on. (sorry for the weird trigger wording but I'm at work)

Status
Not open for further replies.