• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick questions - Barrage and Phoenix Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
For the Barrage ability that some people also know as Multishot, what damage type is it?

Why does Phoenix Fire always seem to set the target on fire, when there is no art value on its ability page? What damage type is Phoenix Fire?

Also, when I give a unit Phoenix Fire, and make Phoenix Fire require a research, the unit completely bypasses the research and gets it anyways. Any idea why?

For the Barrage ability that some people also know as Multishot, what damage type is it?

Why does Phoenix Fire always seem to set the target on fire, when there is no art value on its ability page? What damage type is Phoenix Fire?

Also, when I give a unit Phoenix Fire, and make Phoenix Fire require a research, the unit completely bypasses the research and gets it anyways. Any idea why?

you can change the missile of phoenix fire but you cannot modify the phoenix fire "burn" effect, even if you look at its buff, you cannot modify it's burn effect...

Level 4
I know that if you use the pheonix fire ability for like a weapon, that if you change the effects it doesnt show up as a burn, like on a halo map that i saw, it was just showing the bullet and trail of the sniper rifle, but it didnt have any burning effects. Perhaps you could trigger it to stop the burning?

Level 14
Go to the Object editor and edit the "Phoenix Fire" buff to have no special effects. Then in the ability, change the duration to 0.01 seconds.

The fire wont display at all then, and the buff description will only appear for 0.01 seconds, which is usually too fast for anyone to notice.

What about my third question? Can I make Phoenix Fire require a research? I tried it, and I think I did it right, but the unit still had the ability before the research.

you can make it require a research... I dont know why you get it before you research, maybe you should add an integer in the Techtree - Required Levels (its the level that the research needs to be)

sPy

sPy

Level 21
Try this:
Remove the unit's phoenix fire, and then make an upgrade. After that, do this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Researching unit)) of type <YourUnit>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to (Picked unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.