• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enabling and Disabling phoenix fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was wondering if there is a way to create an ability that works like phoenix fire, but you can control when its on, and when its off. I want the unit to be able to attack and move at the same time like B.Ship and Ice Winds, but I also want it to have the ability to stop attacking using the phoenix fire ability.

Level 5
Well Im not sure what you mean by allow it to turn off and on. I assigned a icon to it when its off, but the ice dosent show on the unit. So I tried to do it using triggers. When a dumby skill based apon immolation is activated the phenix fire ability is enabled, and vice versa, but its not working. Any help would be appriciated.

Level 9
Here is how I would go around doing it, it may not be the best idea but hopefully it'll spark something.

Make 2 dummy spells like Thunder Clap and War Stomp. Then use triggers to:

When X casts Thunder Clap

- Add Pheonix Fire
- Remove Thunder Clap
- Add War Stomp

Then make another trigger:

When X casts War Stomp
- Remove Pheonix Fire
- Remove War Stomp
- Add Thunder Clap

Just make sure you have a small wait in there because there is an invisible cast time on War Stomp and Thunder Clap so if you remove it why hes casting it, the trigger won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.