• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign, will it ever be finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The title was mostly there to get your interest & attention.

My kiddos recently started playing wc3 A LOT more! they asked if i could play with them, and I told them I remember a fan made 2 player version and i still had some of the old files....

Was wanting to know if this is still playable with patch 1.27b and if I should re-download the packs as mine MIGHT be outdated.

I also wanted to say.. I have a 2 player version of the exodus of the horde.. I noticed its not here...

Level 19
They should all work on 1.27b as it didnt come with any gameplay changes. 1.28 apparently broke a lot of spells since there were changes in the order id (or something like that?).
You could re-download the packs just in case though there hasnt been much progress on the project recently.
Also, the ROC night elf campaigns are currently being reworked, so I suggest you skip them for the time being, and go directly to the TFT ones.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'm really hoping for Alliance and Scourge campaigns from TFT - I know it's a lot of hard work but those 2 are the best warcraft 3 has to offer. Would be a shame to not have them be part of this package.

Level 16
Not all of the 2 player campaigns were made by the same teams.
But yeah it should be playable as I don't think any of the spells used any special hacky things that the patch broke?
Yep, but as i had mentioned, I noticed the 2p Exodus of the Horde Campaign wasn't listed, and I have that campaign... I can't remember who created it. (I guess I could look it up ON the maps)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Good news, I think, the Order IDs were fixed so your maps should work normally now.

Level 19
So no progress then, @Gismo359 ? :(
Not recently, no. I still have a couple of projects to finish for university but hopefully I'll have more time after that.
Good news, I think, the Order IDs were fixed so your maps should work normally now.
Thats great! On the bright side, I havent touched wc3 since they released 1.28 so nothing really broke.

Level 16
So I downloaded them all, well I'm still in the process of the NE missions (since there is no map pack yet).
Whoever uploaded the mappacks into individual Folders... yeah.. not cool.
for one, I have to move the folders.... then I had to reame

Level 19
Hi, im pretty sure that was how map packs worked in the old Hive, so it probably just stuck on after the update. I'll check it out and see if I can just have them in a single folder. I'll check out how bundles work since I think they are a bit more flexible in general.

As for the progress - it's not been going anywhere mostly for silly reasons such as being out of town, breaking my OS and lack of motivation to work on it recently. Though, I've heard that Wc3 works well with PlayOnLinux so I'll give it a try and hopefully I can get the editor working properly

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
We really need the final NE level to finally have the whole thing. Even the unupdated versions of the current maps are of high quality. Please if you only have limited motivation focus on completion rather than perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.