1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(2) In Between

Submitted by sonofjay
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
In Between
Created by SonofJay
  • In Between

The host of many naval war. This group of islands offer lots of strategical points critical on winning a battle.

Features:
    • 10 Orange Camps
    • 6 Green Camps
    • 4 Red Camps
    • 4 Extra Goldmine
    • 4 Goblin Shipyard
    • 2 Goblin Shop
    • 2 Marketplace
    • 2 Mercenary Camp
    • 1 Tavern

Nothing much to say. The concept is kinda lame, I wanted something big for 2 players for long battles and I like ship! Yes I like ship! Well I guess its good enough.

~Enjoy.

Join the Melee Nation Force!
    [​IMG]

Update 4:
    -Changed the shipyards on the expansion islands with goblin lab. The location of
    the goblin labs isn't the same as the shipyards but they're still on the same islands.

Update 3:
    -Slightly adjusted Sasquatch's position on the expansion mine.
    -Added 4 bunnies. ;)

Update 2:
    -Changed pathing of way gates
    -Change Makruras camp to Bandit Camp

Update 1:

-Fixed pathing issues
    -Removed level 0 barrel
    -Added pathing on the way gates
    -Changed Sasquatch drop from Level 8 item to random "Artifacts"
    -Removed spammed Rock Spires below the islands
    -etc

Credits:
    -Remixer

• [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• [​IMG]

[tdalt]

Check my melee map tutorial:
    SonofJay's Melee Map Tutorial

Check this other sites:

ChaosRealm

BlizzardModding
    [/tdalt]
[tdalt][tdalt][tdalt]

Keywords:
SonofJay, Melee Map, Warcraft 3[/tdalt][/tdalt][/tdalt]
Contents

(2) In Between (Map)

Reviews
[img][c]Orcnet[c]21:11, 17th Aug 2013 Map Approved IN Between (Update 4) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]4/5[c]81-90%[c]B...
  1. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [rainbow]Where are the bunnies? :) There are not any bunnies in this man. I see a few flowers and some crazy arch pillar creation in the water. Really great custom shore line but no bunnies. Groupy houses, I like them but don't, I know abgm thought they were bunchy on high road. The cathedral's edge doesn't mesh well. I like to add grass around the edges when that happens, or flowers but I think you know what you are doing and there may be better ways to blend it in, or maybe you like it that way. Nice island tavern middle island, fits and its "in between." Lincoln Park? really SoJ? J.K. Where is the ancient temple? I see it in the import manager but not on the map. Anyway, this should be approved because you made it and that settles it but its also really great. Oh ya, and Navy! sweet! There aren't many island hopper true melee maps, most of us get greedy and want full navies. But you kept it legit melee. Why? Navy would be sweet. Whatever, it makes sense to keep it true melee. I just wish there was a bunny in it, but 5/5 and +rep even though you turned off you rep, i give it anyway so someday if you turn it back on everyone will see it. Great map again SoJ! Another classic and a valuable resource here.[/rainbow]

2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :ogre_hurrhurr:

3. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Full Review Emerges

Played the map, I think its simple and functional melee. But from someone like SonofJay, I really expected a 'hot damn' use of custom terrain. Overall I think its a fine map though I find the fog use a bit overtone for a melee and the ground texture for buildings especially when built something on a green grass, you'll see an autumn grass, I'm not blaming you for creating such its just how WC3 works.

Anyway, I really like the flexibility; even making an archipelago-like map AIs can still perform aggressive attacks through waygates. Some other notes though one shipyard would suffice for an entire army, I would suggest change one into a Goblin Laboratory, either one of them ;)

3.5/5 for now.

4. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think having the versatility of melee mapping with imported resources and with default resources is not that bad.

Yeah, this really hurts the over-all idea. I even thought about removing all the ground texture of all buildings but its not really ideal since it requires a lot of pointless work and beside, buildings doesn't look good without ground texture.

Done.

5. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map approved, see moderator comment on top.

6. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map approved!

[​IMG]

7. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hehe nice picture :D

8. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Congratulations with the approval, even if I would rather have been surprised if it had not been. :smile:

9. IlsNt.RiTz

IlsNt.RiTz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool Map!! I like the idea of two different terrains in one map.. Nice Job!!! +1, gotta try it :)

10. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is beautiful and creative at the same time, my only notice is that the line between the water is.. too damn straight. I'd suggest you to make a twist at some points, to make it seem more natural.
    otherwise, I really like the concept, good job. :)

11. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad you liked it guys.

Will probably do if there is more things that needed to be add/done but for now it'll remain as it is.

Have fun :)

12. IlsNt.RiTz

IlsNt.RiTz

Resources:
    Resources:
    IlsNt.RiTz Review:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Comment

Map is definitely good. I like the look of the map and the balance creeps. Nice Doodads (Environments, Props, etc.), it's overwhelming!

~Rating:
    5/5
    Terrain

The idea of 2 terrain combination is actually cool. I love the idea and of course the way you did it. :)

~Rating:
    5/5
    Gameplay

Great map for 1v1 action but i think the Tavern is too far.

~Rating:
    4/5
    Overall Rating:

Comment: 5/5
    Terrain: 5/5
    Gameplay: 4/5
    FINAL RATING:
    4.8/5
    *I suggest that you create an easier way to get to the tavern (maybe like a waygate too). Nevertheless, great map!

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This would be awesome with naval battles!
    The northern secondary mine has the same amount of gold as the one in the south but it is less protected.

The concept is very interesting. A lot of crazy strategies can be put to use on this map.

14. stormy

stormy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Balanced map for when you specifically want an aerial/naval standoff. Reminds of Starcraft. I like it a lot.