• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Between Underworld & Sky (AI)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
----------Psichrone----------

Between The Underworld and The Sky
Created by Psichrone

Map Info:

The map is a hero defense type of map, well to what I believe it's sorta the same as any other. There are no systems that I applied to this map, but I am planning to put one somewhere in the upcoming versions. At the start choose a hero that you like in the tavern, Your hero will spawn somewhere near the left side of the map.Each hero has one unique ability that you can level up and the others are the same, But there is an ability that is given to the hero without the need to level up. Every time you level up you get 15 lumber/Statpoints, which you can spend to increase the attributes of your hero. Spend it to the "BLACK ACOLYTE" NEAR YOUR SPAWN POINT. There is also an AI that can provide little help when you play alone and also don't give an items on an AI if you don't know what it is trying to build it can cause to continuesly buy a certain items and drops it if inventory is full, Also almost every underworld minion or spawned unit has an ability that helps them in combat, this abilities mostly help them defeat you, so leveling up your silence may come in handy (All Heroes Has Silence). Merchants and Vendors on the upper side of the base has colors which can determine what kind of item the merchant sell. RED = Defense Items BLUE = Support Items GREEN = Attack Items. Merchant On the upper side shows items needed to create a certain item or you can just directly buy it from the merchant

Screenshots:

Gameplay Screenshots

Sorry I don't really know how to put a picture or a screenshot sorry

Change Log:

Change Log

Version 1
Added:
Added this map to hiveworkshop

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Paladon
  • hellgate
  • LeoNguyen112
  • coco

Author's notes:

Please If you find any bugs or leak in the map, do send me a message here in hiveworkshop.com.THE MAP IS UNPROTECTED FOR LEAK CHECK ONLY. This is still on a beta, well not really a beta. I considered it a beta because it lack a lot of items that I plan on and I'm not sure if it's leakless

Keywords:
Demon, Hero, Siege, Warrior, Sky, Underworld, Between, Holy, Knight, Survival, Defense, Psichrone
Contents

Between Underworld & Sky (AI) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Feb/18 16:34:12 Reasons: Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Feb/18 16:34:12

Reasons:
Memory Leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial
Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: First things first:
*Improve the skill tooltips, they're waaaaaaaay too short, Lunar Cannon just says it deals damage.
*Select the player's hero when he's chosen him in the beginning

Next, MEMORY LEAKS. Check out the tutorial below if you don't know how to remove them.
In some of the triggers I can see that you're storing the location in a variable and destroying it afterwards, but you also need to set the location for example of "Unit create unit at X" to the variable. (X)

Also some custom spells would be nice :)

Fix the memory leaks and I'll approve it.

Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules