• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Underworld Sanctum

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a 1 vs 1 melee, made with a high accent on terrain beuty. Symmetric and balanced, map is perfect for duels for those who enjoy fighting not in cubic rooms of trees, but terrain that looks thruthful. 2 bases, 4 spots with gold mines, 2 shops and 1 fountain of life. "2 passages" style, with some additions. Mobs have map-wide drop tables with 3 levels of difficulty (green-orange-red), and hand-picked items, since I don't like how Blizzard made item levels. Bridges may cause some problems (camera drops down), but there's only two of them. Some stalagmites may block vision, but they are not spammed and rather rare.

As for plot, the legend behind the map is that long time ago a religious sect based their temple deep underground around a Life Fountain they found. Monsters have come, the people ran, temple fell into the decay. But now, two search parties simultatiously find out about it and set off in search of treasures the once temple may hide.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Underground, melee, 1vs1, terrain
Contents

Underworld Sanctum (Map)

Reviews
13:53, 14th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected The terrain isn't really that good, the drops could've been better and the main issue is still the terrain's playability: due to the huge doodads, it's not always easy to get a good vision of a certain...

M

13:53, 14th Jun 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

The terrain isn't really that good, the drops could've been better and the main issue is still the terrain's playability: due to the huge doodads, it's not always easy to get a good vision of a certain area (doodads blocking the camera).
When you're creating a melee-map, don't change any objects.

Level 31
This is a 1 vs 1 melee, made with a high accent on terrain beuty. However, the "meleeness" wasn't scrapped either -- map is symmetric, passages are wide enough for armies to pass, and mob gangs are balanced.

You call this a description? Read the rules.

Presentation

All maps must be made in English, must not contain overwhelmingly bad spelling or grammar, must contain a valid author and map name, and must contain a well-written description to give the reader a good idea of what the map is about. Imports, terrain, camera, and other visuals should complement the game.

Level 3
a septimus-way is the best way to tell someone :D
i liked the map the creeps are balanced the terrain is also well done 4/5 for the ma 2.5/5 for description= /3/5

Level 28
IMO, a melee map doesn't really need much of a description. I'll try this out later when I stomp my friend in ladder.
Everybody know what is meaning of the melee maps so the description is just nothing... Look at Blizzard's melee map descriptions, short, and they tell mostly nothing about the map's gameplay.

Descriptions make it easier for me to moderate =D
Edit: and no, that's not the only reason why the rule exists.