1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(2) In Between

Submitted by sonofjay
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
In Between
Created by SonofJay
  • In Between

The host of many naval war. This group of islands offer lots of strategical points critical on winning a battle.

Features:
    • 10 Orange Camps
    • 6 Green Camps
    • 4 Red Camps
    • 4 Extra Goldmine
    • 4 Goblin Shipyard
    • 2 Goblin Shop
    • 2 Marketplace
    • 2 Mercenary Camp
    • 1 Tavern

Nothing much to say. The concept is kinda lame, I wanted something big for 2 players for long battles and I like ship! Yes I like ship! Well I guess its good enough.

~Enjoy.

Join the Melee Nation Force!
    [​IMG]

Update 4:
    -Changed the shipyards on the expansion islands with goblin lab. The location of
    the goblin labs isn't the same as the shipyards but they're still on the same islands.

Update 3:
    -Slightly adjusted Sasquatch's position on the expansion mine.
    -Added 4 bunnies. ;)

Update 2:
    -Changed pathing of way gates
    -Change Makruras camp to Bandit Camp

Update 1:

-Fixed pathing issues
    -Removed level 0 barrel
    -Added pathing on the way gates
    -Changed Sasquatch drop from Level 8 item to random "Artifacts"
    -Removed spammed Rock Spires below the islands
    -etc

Credits:
    -Remixer

• [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• [​IMG]

[tdalt]

Check my melee map tutorial:
    SonofJay's Melee Map Tutorial

Check this other sites:

ChaosRealm

BlizzardModding
    [/tdalt]
[tdalt][tdalt][tdalt]

Keywords:
SonofJay, Melee Map, Warcraft 3[/tdalt][/tdalt][/tdalt]
Contents

(2) In Between (Map)

Reviews
[img][c]Orcnet[c]21:11, 17th Aug 2013 Map Approved IN Between (Update 4) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]4/5[c]81-90%[c]B...
  1. [​IMG] Orcnet 21:11, 17th Aug 2013

• Map Approved
    • IN Between (Update 4)

Rate Score Percent Letter
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"The idea of tavern in the middle of the water level is a bit far, though I am expecting the goblin shipyard to be free from creep control, I suggest you build up the way gates and expand the middle a bit, so it gets a little loop going on in the middle, instead of way gates directly crossing on the player's region just place the teleportation in the middle. And lastly the total creep level is intermediate even though its just a 1v1 match, try to level it down a little."

Terrain

"Terrain is a masterpiece, I like the idea of crossover for two themes to unite, it would be nice if the fellwood mercenary camp will look like the standard version instead of the custom but still cool terrain."

Management

"Overall map can be recommended."

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 10/15 83% B

2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Reserved.

If you spot something wrong. Feel free to report it.

3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very symmetric I must say :D

4. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Comment

Very nice map, i rely like map like thees, description is very good, nice screenshot.

Terrain

Terrain is very cool, nice template. Very creative.

Gameplay

A simple melee map.

Final Rating:

Terrain:5/5
    Gameplay:4/5
    Comment:5/5

FINAL RATING:
    5/5

Suggestions
    -No suggestions

GIFT

+1 rep :D

5. CroMoX

CroMoX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I swear you say "a simple melee" for everything. Please define more by what you mean and what it would take to boost that, otherwise your just pointing out the obvious.

SoJ I will check tomorrow since im on my phone, and give you a review

6. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I say simple melee map becasue, that is what it is.

7. DivineLight

DivineLight

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    because that is what it is.. lol

SoJ
    nice one bro! good job
    the terrain is Very symmetric, so creative and cool

8. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Remixer's Review
    Terrain
    Terrain is nice, however I am not sure was it worth to import custom models and a texture, you have used them so rarely and the temple's custom model is not that outstanding is it is below water. For the first I have to say you should fix the pathing blockers at the surfaces, fix the pathing blockers on the shores that are not walkable, you have placed them very "quickly" and you can see that at some points you can enter the ground even though you should not be able to. This can be very bad if you land something like artillery to the unreachable surface where from they can shoot to enemy base or island. Another thing is, you forgot to smooth the tavern island, it has very sharp edges, fix it. Other than that it seems okay, very symmethric. There is still some pathing errors in the surrounds of the islands, the pathing blockers should reach the water so that you can not land units on the stone ground.

Creeps
    Creeps are good now, removed random barrel with item drop and changed sasquatch item drop. However you added wrong pathing to the way gates, currently the way gates are not enterable, it must be something walkable but not buildable pathing on the way gate. Fix it, it is now worse than before.

Generally
    Generally the map is very sweet, however I could consider it's size as a waste, the center area is uselessly large, and filled with an ocean, however it is not that important. Nice mix of two kind of similar tileset. However, the Felwood islands however can look pretty out of place around the Village Fall areas.

Rating:
    Terrain: 3/5
    Comment: Terrain needs more defined pathing around the island surfaces.

Creeps: 4/5
    Comment: Creeps are nice, howeve makruras can look prety strange, you could change them to murlocs or bandits, however up to you. Nice drops, but fix the level 0 drop in the barrel and reset the Way Gates, they should have a proper pathing.

Generally: 3/5
    Comment: Generally refreshing map with nice, but very seperate mix of two similar tilesets. Supports long line gameplay nicely because of 2 extentions per player. (Changed rating. I missclicked earlier.)

Rating: 10/15 (Gold)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  9. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    NIcely done SOJ. Your melee map just really rocks the whole map section. So on to my review and please pardon me but Im too lazy to use my review template so expect a wall of text from me.

So, here. The melee's concept and form is quite great. Making an island like of those really requires hardwork to make them symmetric and balance and I give you points for being able to do that. Now for the terrain, I like how you mix two different tilesets into this one melee map and you've really shown mastery in the terraining. The terrain just looks really decorated with fitting doodads and destructibles. Right amount is also putted and not spammed. I give you another points here! Now about this melee overall, as I say this looks really great. Map is perfectly symmetric and right amount of creeps and creep camps were putted into this melee map which makes it better. To add, the map also has the right choices of buildings into it and the map does not miss any needed neutral buildings.

Overall, a melee map that is purely perfect even if there are no imports (sorry if there is though ;b). 5/5 and +4 REP!

And actually that is not really a wall of text... meh.

10. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys.

I updated the map with this changes:

@Remixer

There is only two custom model and one texture. Its not really size consuming. Imported them because they fit what I need.

11. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Updated Review, sonofjay, fix the way gate pathing.

12. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I added a pathing on the way gates. I used a smaller pathing because it doesn't fit on the small space. If its really a major problem I can redo the area so I can put the normal pathing for the Waygates. Oh and I forgot to change the makruras, will do on the next update.

13. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I noticed you changed the pathing it is now something like "Altars" which is not walkable in the middle. Try out "Circle of Power (Large)" or another way is to make the Way Gates has no pathing and add doodads which are walkable but unbuildable to block building around them. (The doodads can be invisible or underground). If I do this I either create a custom doodad with unbuildable pathing but walkable (Circle of Powers) or I just use "Bones" and height them underground so player can not see them.

14. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map Updated:

Bandit Camp have sure tome drop.

15. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Instead of adding every book to the drop list you can just use "Random Level (1 or 2) Power Up".

16. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  17. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Only shame is, that a designated ship map like this calls for custom races, with a heavy focus on ships to battle at sea :grin:

Also I would call it: Nations Asunder :wink:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  18. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @ABGM It is not advisable to put the creep camp acquisition range to 200 if they're guarding a gold mine.

About the title, even though I always use Linkin Park titles, there is always a hidden message on the titles. My emotion when I'm making the map and such. So I don't see a problem with that. Don't line me with the others who just put a title on their maps after they finish making it.

@RedBaron

Ikr. If I remember it right, I have a ship pack somewhere on my harddrive. Maybe I import it and make overpowered ships. lol

19. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hehe, nah :smile: Make a seperate version with two custom races.