• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2.0 Release Date Set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
October 19, 2007

t8opax.jpg

It's coming--and very soon, actually. The planned release is October 30th, 2007, coinciding with Halloween on the following day. The hope is to get Against the Darkness up and hosted all day on Halloween since it is a spooky map to play, and Halloween is the 1 year anniversary of the original release of AtD.

Reputation Deal: I need people who can host this map on battle.net during October 30th and 31st! If you can do this, contact me and you will be awarded 5 reputation points! 2 Reputation will be awarded to those who put a link supporting Against the Darkness 2.0 in their signature. If you do decide to host the map, take a screenshot of this on the F11(Players) screen.

Major Updates for 2.0

• Hints reworked and shortened.
  • Expanded map boundaries and new, playable areas have been created.
  • New Quest for the Death Knight.
  • New and updated Game Info (F9).
  • A votekick system which allows any player to initiate a Vote in order to kick another player.
  • New building that can be built by Architects that gives XP every minute.
  • New item dropped by creeps.
  • Cinematics improved and updated.
  • Income increased for all Heroes.
  • New and replaced creeps.
  • Numerous balances and tool-tip fixes.
  • A long awaited respawn system for the first 8 minutes of the game to better help new players. The system does NOT respawn Heroes that are killed by the Death Knight, but only ones that die to Neutral Hostile creeps. After 8 minutes, identical to previous versions, Heroes that are killed will have no chance to respawn.
  • And many, many more fixes and additions that are up to the player to find!
New Icon
213g11j.jpg
Map Overview
attachment.php
More Sneak-Peek Screenshots can be found by clicking here.

Last edited:
Level 18
That thing rocks!!!!
Not only you announced the new version which seems to be the best ever,but you also posted a screenshot with my favorite Hero!!!!

-I don't think respawning after killed by creeps is fair.It's not realistic either.I think things about death system shall remain the same.

It's good to see that you're excited, Uchiha... and yes, I was not the biggest fan of the idea either but it seems as if everyone else wanted it to be added to the game. Since you do not think it is a good idea, and nor do I (for fear that it would ruin the skill involved to play the game), I have created a poll that allows people to vote on what they think about it. I encourage you to vote and ask others to as well. Respawn System Poll.

An alternative idea could be that the Respawn system only would be in effect for the first 5 minutes of the game.

Level 18
A lot of AtD runs on time elapsed in the game, such as the hints, Doom, the respawning of creeps. etc. I can't allow time at the beginning to decide modes.

October 21 Update: I have decided to create a Respawn System handicap for the first 8 minutes of the game. It only applies to those killed by Neutral Hostile creeps and is to make the map more fun and understandable for new players.

Last edited:
Level 13
Map looks great, I'm really looking forward to this one. Just a few more days...

-Dr00d:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 26
Fine map this is. Of course, I'm only saying this because I tested this with ye.

LINK2SIGNOW.

Also, how would you know someone actually tested this map and not just lied to score 5 rep?

Level 6
i will host the map when its released, looks interesting. ill edit this post to tell you what i thought of it.

Hã !? sorry guys, PurplePoot had this link in his signature, and so i decided to visit it. You have cool images and spells, but after reading part of the posts i was unable to understand what you are talking about lol ... This is an RPG rit ??? Well, if you guys need any help with models, icons or JASS/JESP spells, just tell me, and i will do everything i can do help.

Level 18
Hã !? sorry guys, PurplePoot had this link in his signature, and so i decided to visit it. You have cool images and spells, but after reading part of the posts i was unable to understand what you are talking about lol ... This is an RPG rit ??? Well, if you guys need any help with models, icons or JASS/JESP spells, just tell me, and i will do everything i can do help.

It is not an RPG, no, but it does have RPG influences (like quests, level specific areas). Against the Darkness is a tag-type game, but with a rather original twist. More information can be found here.

i visited the link and it sounds great. Will you release the map in the European realm ??? I really think it could make a lot of sucess, because people there only play Dota (which is getting real boring lol). I know you are a mod, but still if you ever need anything, i want you to know you can count on me. Btw, where can i download the map ???

Level 18
i visited the link and it sounds great. Will you release the map in the European realm ??? I really think it could make a lot of sucess, because people there only play Dota (which is getting real boring lol). I know you are a mod, but still if you ever need anything, i want you to know you can count on me. Btw, where can i download the map ???

Flame_Phoenix, check out the actual Release Post and get the link to Download it there! Get your friends to play it, etc. I hope it will become as much of a success as you are confident it will :thumbs_up:

The server doesn't matter.NiTe,is searching for people able to host all over the world!

Hi, i have 2 things to say:
1- first thx for your rep points. I am a map maker and i know how hard it is to make a map alone, so everytime i found a good map, i don't need rep points to spread it. I believe that good work should always be rewarded (like in your case[i think, haven't tested it yet]), and i do that by spreading your map (at free cost lol).
2- I will make a detailed test to all your map's features today. I haven't played it yet. But to start, i have a few tips i think you should follow:

I believe that you could and should use a mini-map image for presentation (or a loading screen custom image). There are people capable of doing that in Devian arts, and i can also do some (not with such quality, but nonless they are good).

Also, according to the rules of success: "keep making versions of your map".
You should emit more versions of it in the future, as it is proved that people pay more attention to waht is more recent. Good or excelent maps that are old, are considred a relic, and therefore poeple don't usually play them as much as they do with the others.

Also, THW is a good site, but for your own benefict you should search for your own map's website. It is not difficult to create a webpage nowadays, and if you do that for your map, you will benefict a lot more.

Ansious to see your map =). Flame.

EDIT i already found 1 bug in your map =).
I also have an opinion about how you could improve you map. testing =)

me.

EDIT EDIT I tested most of you map. I found some bugs that may need correction. I also have a few ideas to help you improve your map.

Last edited:
Level 18
Hi, i have 2 things to say:
1- first thx for your rep points. I am a map maker and i know how hard it is to make a map alone, so everytime i found a good map, i don't need rep points to spread it. I believe that good work should always be rewarded (like in your case[i think, haven't tested it yet]), and i do that by spreading your map (at free cost lol).
2- I will make a detailed test to all your map's features today. I haven't played it yet. But to start, i have a few tips i think you should follow:

I believe that you could and should use a mini-map image for presentation (or a loading screen custom image). There are people capable of doing that in Devian arts, and i can also do some (not with such quality, but nonless they are good).

Also, according to the rules of success: "keep making versions of your map".
You should emit more versions of it in the future, as it is proved that people pay more attention to waht is more recent. Good or excelent maps that are old, are considred a relic, and therefore poeple don't usually play them as much as they do with the others.

Also, THW is a good site, but for your own benefict you should search for your own map's website. It is not difficult to create a webpage nowadays, and if you do that for your map, you will benefict a lot more.

Ansious to see your map =). Flame.

EDIT i already found 1 bug in your map =).
I also have an opinion about how you could improve you map. testing =)

me.

EDIT EDIT I tested most of you map. I found some bugs that may need correction. I also have a few ideas to help you improve your map.

okay, what were the bugs? and what is your opinion?

*EDIT* Flame_Phoenix's suggestions and other posts below it have been moved to a new thread in the Suggestions & Ideas sub-forum. You can access the thread by clicking here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.