• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Against the Darkness Version 1 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Against the Darkness Version 1r Released!

May 29, 2007

62sxdmg.jpg

Against the Darkness Version 1r has been released. In this update, over 150 kb of useless icon space has been removed, making the map even lighter and take less time to download on battle.net. Also, the Mage of Nature has finally received a new ability which replaces boring old Energy Lightning. The ability is called Storms Ward and is an extremely fun spell to slow a Death Knight or obliterate a heavy creep with. By far, this is the best version of Against the Darkness there has been, and I hope that it will not be in need of any updates for a long time to come. Download it here and play it now!

Last edited:
Level 18
It's great to hear that you enjoy AtD, Zulgaines, but it's also upsetting to hear that you haven't gotten to play a full game yet! You are missing out on much of what the map is all about. I would advise you to take a brief look over the tutorials here and here so you know what exactly you can do to stay alive longer in a game. Then, share this information with those who are new that are playing with you.

If this sounds like too much work, give me a message sometime when you want to play and I can try to come join in on the fun. I will be able to help very much so in getting a good game going.

Level 3
I'v actually gotten a lot better than I was. I can pretty much survive without too much trouble, and if I pick architect my team tends to do a little better.

The trouble comes from the learning curve for the new heroes. The DK tends to be OK unless he runs into creeps that he can't handle even if he's new. But it's difficulty to host a map that you almost need a tutorial for when you've never played it.

I'v played a little over 12 games of AtD so far and I'v only managed to win as heroes when the DK got himself killed because there would only be 2-4 heroes left at most after only 5-10 minutes.

It's also sad to see people die and quit with a snide comment about how the map is terrible because they died and couldn't bother to give it enough of a chance to see there's a lot to it.

Level 18
I'v actually gotten a lot better than I was. I can pretty much survive without too much trouble, and if I pick architect my team tends to do a little better.

The trouble comes from the learning curve for the new heroes. The DK tends to be OK unless he runs into creeps that he can't handle even if he's new. But it's difficulty to host a map that you almost need a tutorial for when you've never played it.

I'v played a little over 12 games of AtD so far and I'v only managed to win as heroes when the DK got himself killed because there would only be 2-4 heroes left at most after only 5-10 minutes.

It's also sad to see people die and quit with a snide comment about how the map is terrible because they died and couldn't bother to give it enough of a chance to see there's a lot to it.

Yes which I have seen happen many times before. I normally just ignore them, considering that all they saw off the map was their hero dying and they don't understand the balance or the dynamics or anything else in the game. AtD doesn't really require reading a tutorial on how to play, it's just that you have to pay attention to the loading screen and the Hints that are provided in game to understand what you should be doing. Then once you are good, you can just disable hints so they don't get in the way of things.

I'm working on a system, for version 1s where it tells you the difficulty of each Hero, and gives you a more in depth description of them when deciding which Death Hunter you want to use. We all know that the Frozen Archer is much tougher to use and survive with than the Hunter is, which is why a Player would be told this when deliberating on which to use as a first-time hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.