• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Against the Darkness Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm happy to announce that after over 7 months of off and on work, Against the Darkness: Version 1 has been released! The map itself is available for download here.

I would advise you to read over the "Submitters Description" before hosting the map on Battle.net because it will help greatly in understanding how to play the game. Thank you to The Hive for hosting this project, and I hope that the majority of yall will enjoy this map and stop playing Vampirism! :)wink:)

*For a version with the latest bug fixes, be sure to always download the latest versions from The Hive. I am now in the process of constantly fixing any bugs that are found by those who have begun to play AtD. Any bugs that are found are automatically fixed and a newer, cleaner version of Against the Darkness is uploaded. You can report bugs in the Suggestions & Ideas forum here.

LATEST VERSION: Against the Darkness: Version 1r (Updated cinematics, new items!)

:spell_breaker: -NiTe

Last edited:
Level 16
The 2.9mb map size is a big mistake, literally :). Hard if not impossible to get random pubbies to stay to dl and then wait for others to dl too.

Oh and in the end cinematic, when dk wins, there were two dk's and two paladins.

Cant say much for the map, well, uhm, the terrain looked nice :p

Level 18
The 2.9mb map size is a big mistake, literally :). Hard if not impossible to get random pubbies to stay to dl and then wait for others to dl too.

Oh and in the end cinematic, when dk wins, there were two dk's and two paladins.

Cant say much for the map, well, uhm, the terrain looked nice :p

Two DKs and two Architects, damn! That is a bug. I will look into that... but it shouldn't happen---

*EDIT* I fixed the bug. It should be totally fine now. The problem was that here, in the begining, the condition checking to make sure that the dying unit wasn't neutral passive or hostile and in the following trigger it orders any passive/hostile units in the cinematic region to be killed. Within the .5 second delay that was in this trigger before it turned off, those units were ordered to be killed in the following trigger which triggered this to be run over again. Sorry about the bug, I should have caught it sooner. Here is a view of the first few conditions where it has now been fixed.

• Events
    • [I]Unit - A unit Dies[/I] <-- before the fix
    • [COLOR="Red"]Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Dies
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Dies
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Dies
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Dies
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Dies
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Dies
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Dies[/COLOR] <-- after the fix
  • Conditions
    • [COLOR="Red"](Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Passive
    • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile[/COLOR]
    • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Not equal to Death Knight
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Spirit
    • >>>>>These conditions list longer but this is all that was involved in the fix<<<<<
I have 'double fixed' it now, by changing the conditions to the dying unit being one of the Hunters, and not a general "A Unit Dies" action, as well as getting rid of the .5 second delay and fixing the conditions so it cannot be re-triggered by a passive or hostile unit.

Anyways, you can get a lot of people to stay if you remind them at the reason they are waiting so long is for icons and models that aren't in normal WC3, I can get many to stay, but it normally takes about 10-12 minutes to get a full house. Did you play as the Death Knight? And what didn't you like?

*EDIT 2* Heero just hosted for me and we got a full house two games in a row, even some returners for the remake. Telling them that it is worth the wait really does help!

Last edited:
Level 3
Well, I'm sure you all know that I like it...Besides that, Maybe a future release with new/edited features would turn this game into something even better.

Level 32
WTG 1)ark_NiTe !

I quote from your description:
Against the Darkness: Version 1d
maps_3837_preview_tn.jpg

Against the Darkness: Version 1 is an
8 vs 1 Survival/Hunter-Hunted type map.
There is one (1) team of eight (8) Death Hunters
who have been called to a isolated village in Lordaeron
to defeat a second team of a single (1) rogue Death Knight.

Level 3
Just a little note. Version 1e is coming out very soon, if it isn't already out. You might want to wait just a little longer before downloading the map.

Level 18
Yes, Version 1f has been released. It is now optimized to reduce 512kb of space to allow for quicker downloads on b.net, has a new quest, a new item, and a few (and hopefully final) bug fixes. I have also now expanded the release of Against the Darkness to Epic War and Maps N' Mods.

*EDIT* and Version 1t has been released and can be found on Epicwar.com by clicking here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.