• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galactic Colonization (Under Construction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is just a spur of the moment thing i came up with thing today that i am hoping to implement in a few places, (Name isn't final)

The Beginning

Human's first started traveling space for exploration in the year 2058 with slow crafts that could hardly take them half way to the edge of the galaxy and back. Even though the distance was limited there were many discoveries made and within 20 years the first hyper drive engine was invented. With this new engine the ships were able to travel into other galaxies within a short period of time. When they first started exploring they discovered that our own galaxy was actually slightly overlapping with two other galaxies. Scientists took these discoveries and re issued names to each galaxy that was overlapping. Earth's galaxy was renamed to be The Hive, due to its birth of life to all the other galaxies. The second Galaxy was named The Legacy for it held untold potential for new discoveries. The third and final Galaxy was named The The Brew because the crew of the ship to discover it was insanely drunk at the time of discovery.​

Early Colonization

After the first hyper drive engine was invented the countries of earth began to wonder about the possibility of colonizing other planets and so they began to look for other inhabitable planets. The planet able to be colonized was found in The Legacy. Ships were quickly sent out and the home world was created. There was much controversy over what to call this planet but they ultimately decided to call it, "The Core" due to it being very close to the center of the galaxy.
When people began to wonder if The Brew could be colonized as well. Much like with The Legacy, many ships were sent out to look for habitable planets. To the surprise of many scientists there was only one planet with a safe habitat as well. Again ships were sent out to colonize and the colony of "Halfbridge"​

New Discoveries

The year is now 2187 and space travel has been nearly perfected. The cities of "Half Bridge and The Core," have become almost as successful as Earth and are now extremely well established. Once again scientists however want more of space and so in a crazy scheme to grab more land discovered a way to terraform planets. This long procedure is extremely difficult to do and requires a large fund. There was a single planet in the center of all the galaxies called "Project Life" which was successfully terraformed to prove it could be done however, due to the cost and danger there have been no more attempts at terraforming a planet. As in the first discoveries of America, many private parties have begun to put together ships and crews of people to go out and terraform planets. The only way they are able to do this is by acquiring funding from the already established planet's governments.​

Your Journey Begins Here

You are a young colonizer bent on claiming a planet for yourself. You currently have a low amount of credit, no ship, and no funding. It is up to you to gain money from your government, a third party, or "acquire" it from another source. You begin on Planet Earth and may go in whatever direction you choose.​

Planet Status's

After the discovery of colonization the planet Earth formed a single nation under the U.N. Their current leader is an American by the name of Joshua Hartington. Earth is currently the richest of all of the planets and is the main hub for imports and exports.

The Core filed for independence shortly after its colonization. The Core is now ruled by a Russian named Dimitri Beilschki. When first colonized the workers discovered a rare mineral, not known by any scientist of the time. The mineral would soon be named Kaaz. Kaaz was extremely useful due to its extreme resistance to weathering and other hazards. It has become one of the main components of most of the ships now flying in outer space.

Planet Halfbridge is currently in the process of becoming independent of earth. The leader of Halfbridge was an Ex British business man by the name of Charles Grace. Although Halfbridge is the least developed colony it has become one of the most crucial due to its newest discovery. On the planet there's a substance named Jel that has the same consistency of Jello. The main use for Jel has become a wire like substance due to its ability to conduct better than many substances. Along with its ability to conduct its also extremely ductile which allows for it to be threaded through the most difficult spaces.

Project Life is still a colony of Earth and is 3/4 the way through terraform processes. The main part of the planet consists of a large dome in the middle with a few landing pads. The planet has begun to bring in civilians as well as scientists to assist with further research.​

This Rp is going to be extremely open, as you have noticed i haven't said anything at all about tech levels and the planets that are out there, this is going to be up to you all to decide what you would like to use (With in reason) I will of course cut you off if somethings beyond usable (Over powered, god mode, etc) For the most part however its really up to you!

More info to come, please let me know your comments, suggestions ETC

Last edited:
Hm, I have something to note. If you mean us humans, in 2058, we will send hardly anything manned to outer planets, even Mars is not sure. In 2187 we may colonize most of Solar system, Alpha Centauri would be still hardly in project. And these are optimistic forecasting. Travelling through galaxy would be possible ... like in 40000 years .... like Warhammer lol (and talking about only Milky way). I don't wanna turn this in thread about humans in space, I just find your years and even galactic exploration a bit out of place.

Level 5
Well if we were talking realistically here i would side with you but in the case of this rp, it's nowhere near real... I had no intent on making this Rp, "Super realistic" otherwise i wouldn't give the Rper's the option of creating all the inner workings of it. If this seems to be something you are interested in and the dates are the only thing holding you back i could possibly work something out but i don't see a real need to change it.

Level 5
Mmk, there's going to be 2 other sites involved in this, so it could be a bit till it starts up.

Level 5
Like i said, it could be a while till i actually finish this but if there are any suggestions or changes you guys would like to voice, please go ahead!

Level 5
Nope, its going to be completely open! After you post it i will tell you if there's anything you should change at all... If you want a outline of something you should follow i can throw one up quick though.

Level 19
Name: Sergei Dolonov
Looks: Sergei is a tall, brown-haired man, with green eyes and a thin beard. His hair is long, and he is usually wearing dark, everyday clothes.
Bios: Sergei was born and raised on The Core, living an ordinary childhood in an ordinary family. He took education as an airborne, and later as a pilot when he got interested in galactic colonization. He has always had a bright mind, and getting his PhD in astrophysics was no problem. On the spare time he began building guns and experimenting with particle beams. Today he still works as an astrophysicist, and is currently seeking money to aquire his own spaceship.
Home Planet: The Core

Is this enough? I'll flesh out some more details as they pop up in my head.

Last edited:
Level 5
Yeah that's great!

Accepted

So far this isn't getting the reaction i expected on my other sites... So it could end up being just whoever comes on here!

Level 5
Okay here's my next addition

Planet Status's

After the discovery of colonization the planet Earth formed a single nation under the U.N. Their current leader is an American by the name of Joshua Hartington. Earth is currently the richest of all of the planets and is the main hub for imports and exports.

The Core filed for independence shortly after its colonization. The Core is now ruled by a Russian named Dimitri Beilschki. When first colonized the workers discovered a rare mineral, not known by any scientist of the time. The mineral would soon be named Kaaz. Kaaz was extremely useful due to its extreme resistance to weathering and other hazards. It has become one of the main components of most of the ships now flying in outer space.

Planet Halfbridge is currently in the process of becoming independent of earth. The leader of Halfbridge was an Ex British business man by the name of Charles Grace. Although Halfbridge is the least developed colony it has become one of the most crucial due to its newest discovery. On the planet there's a substance named Jel that has the same consistency of Jello. The main use for Jel has become a wire like substance due to its ability to conduct better than many substances. Along with its ability to conduct its also extremely ductile which allows for it to be threaded through the most difficult spaces.

Project Life is still a colony of Earth and is 3/4 the way through terraform processes. The main part of the planet consists of a large dome in the middle with a few landing pads. The planet has begun to bring in civilians as well as scientists to assist with further research.​

This is all i got for now lol! Not much but yeah... Il add it to the main text

Status
Not open for further replies.