• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1:Weapon system,2: Explode upon death, 3.ranged and melee model link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone!

I have three questions:

how can i make weapon system that uses ammo from inventory(not by taking gold or lumber like in windowsmasher`s system),and it should simply add special effect with damage bonus(not switching between many units) there would be more weapon types, and more ammo types(example for ammo: if player have some ammo in his inventory lets say ak-47 ammo(250 bullets lets say), and he pick up another ak-47 ammo(300 bullets lets say) than ammo merge in one inventory slot(that means that player now have 550 bullets in one inventory slot).

how can i make that unit explodes upon death(with green explosion), and when unit explodes in damages every unit(no matter if it is ally or enemy), in 200 range(configurable) for 150 damage(configurable).

does anyone know any model that have both ranged (to use m4,ak47...),and melee animations(to use katana, axe, hammer...) becouse i didnt find any

thats all and thanks in advance!!

Level 10
  • Event
    • Unit - A generic unit dies
  • Condition
    • (Unit type of dying unit) equal to yourunit
  • Action
    • Variable - Set Group - Units within 300 range of dying unit
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do Actions
      • Loop
        • Unit - Set life of Picked unit to (Picked unit - 200)
    • Custom Script - call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
This wont be fully correct since im on my phone but it should be close to the actual thing

3. All i can think of is using two different models that are similar and when they aquire item or use ability it changes the units to give the illusion of attack change

Level 12
1. this needs item stacking system, and the inventory should only let 1 weapon inside, and an ability for melee knife purpose.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to YourUnit
  • Actions
    • Set tempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit - Pick every unit in (Units in 200 of tempPoint) and do actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit) for 150 damages of type Spell and Normal
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at tempPoint facing random building degrees
      • Unit - Add 5 seconds Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_tempPoint)
these dummy is the Green explotion model, the 'Add 5 seconds' is the expiration time for the gas.

3. I forgot the name but i'm pretty sure i found it here =="

Level 4
  • Events
    • Unit - A generic unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (Unit type of dying unit) equal to yourunit
  • Actions
    • Variable - Set Group - Units within 300 range of dying unit
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do Actions
    • Loop
      • Unit - Set life of Picked unit to (Picked unit - 200)
      • Custom Script - call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
This wont be fully correct since im on my phone but it should be close to the actual thing

3. All i can think of is using two different models that are similar and when they aquire item or use ability it changes the units to give the illusion of attack change

hmm. ill try to find two similar models and than ill see. thx for help, +rep

and an ability for melee knife purpose.
i dont understand, why ability,and there shouldnt be only knife, there should be katana, hammer, axe...

3. I forgot the name but i'm pretty sure i found it here =="
I was searching but didnt find any...

tnx for help, +rep

Level 4
how can you make the hero shoot and using knife at the same time without switching units ? that's why i'm telling you to use ability instead. and melee knife is just an example, melee could be anything , Katanas, Axes, whatever.

no.. you didnt understand me... i dont want to user use melee and ranged weapon at same time, i just want to make weapon system that uses item,and when player uses item (lets say katana) ge gets katana using trigger(something like this)
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (triggering unit) using war3mapImported\katana.mdx
and he gets like 60 bonus damage
and he would play melee attack animation, and if he is using ranged weapon same thing except he would play ranged attack animation... i hope that is possible :/
and also when he click that item again the weapon(not item ofc) should dissepear(and unit loses bonus damage points)

Level 21
no.. you didnt understand me... i dont want to user use melee and ranged weapon at same time, i just want to make weapon system that uses item,and when player uses item (lets say katana) ge gets katana using trigger(something like this)
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (triggering unit) using war3mapImported\katana.mdx
and he gets like 60 bonus damage
and he would play melee attack animation, and if he is using ranged weapon same thing except he would play ranged attack animation... i hope that is possible :/
and also when he click that item again the weapon(not item ofc) should dissepear(and unit loses bonus damage points)
That's exactly where most people just replace the unit(with a morph or not, doesn't matter). It's easier to manage that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.