• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weapon System- ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi to everyone!
I`ve found this weapon system made by WindowSmasher, it is good but if someone can edit it so it doesnt have infinite ammo, and that on picture of weapon you hold in invetory writes how much you have ammo and how much is in gun---> like this:
total ammo --> 140/13 <---ammo in gun
EDIT: weapons have their ammo capacity already. And if it is possible that u make it on the biggest map possible 256x256(epic)

Level 28
1) It doesn't have infinite ammo: the lumber is the amount of ammo you have, the item charges (number on the item) is how much ammo is left in the current clip.
If the number on the item says 2 and you've got 15 lumber, then that means you've got a total of 17 ammo left (not infinite).
If you don't like it that way, Here's another system.

2) It's impossible to set 2 numbers on 1 item (it uses item charges, the same thing like when you're carrying 3 potions there's this number "3" on the screen).

I also don't know why we should make it in the map, you can simply import the system into your own map (copy/paste).

Level 4
ooh :D than thats cool +rep :D
but can you tell me how can i put more weapons in that system :/
and can i put different ammounts of ammo in each ammo box?
if yes, how? :/
i want to make zombie survival map :D so i need it :D

Level 28
You can just remove the multiboard if you'd like, if you do that you can use the item "Bundle of Lumber" to add clips to a player (you can specify how much lumber you want to add).

If you want different weapons to have different ammo, then the system becomes quite different (the system you linked also has 1 ammo type for all weapons, except launchers).
So what exactly do you want? :)

Level 4
the ammo types is ok, and i dont want it to change,
all i want is to add 1-2 more weapons, and pickupable melee weapons(blade, axe..)
i am still newb so i dont know almost anything but i am trying to learn :/
and i will use bundle of lumber tnx :D

Level 28
You will have to replace the unit when changing a weapon.
Basically, all the items are instant-cast items. To create one, you can create a new ability based on Wind Walk (or something) and set all values to 0 (so the ability doesn't actually do anything).
Create a new item (you can use "Stone Token" as a base), change the ability with the one you just created and set "Stats - Perishable" to false and "Stats - Number of Charges" to 0.
Now you've got an instant-cast item which does nothing at all :D

You can use this trigger:
  • Change Weapon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Change Weapon
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Mountain King using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Selection - Select (Last replaced unit) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
to change the unit to another one when cast. For example: when the ability is cast that should change the weapon of the hero to an axe, you can replace the unit with the axe-unit with this trigger.

I think that's what you meant?

Level 4
yes, tnx 4 help :)
sory if i am boring but can you tell me where can i find car road(black with white lines or so...) so i can make car roads in my map, and where can i find new(modern) house textures, and how can i put that on my map is always night
thanks again lol :D

Level 28
Yeah, you can find one here.
The thread tells you how to import it, but in case you don't know where to look:

Path & Unit
Import the skin to the following path:
TerrainArt\Northrend\North_rock.blp

The skin will replace the following unit/doodad/texture/interface:
The "Northrend" tile "rock"

I hope you're not already using that tile :)

For always night, you can use the action "Game - Set time of day" and "Game - Set time of day speed".
It's quite self-explanatory I believe (and the trigger editor also has small notes itself if you need a little bit of help).

Modern buildings:
House 1
House 2
House 3
House 4
House 5
House 6
House 7
House 8
House 9

There are probably more, just look in the models-section of the hive and try some keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.