1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.9 PTR PATCH NOTES UPDATE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Oct 7, 2020.

1. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Ported Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yawn indeed.

2. Damage

Damage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What I would like to know, is exactly how this "Prioritize" toggle skill works for Gargoyles.

Presumably, it doesn't disable their ground attack (as it says - they can still attack ground units), but it does make them prefer to use their air attack.

Does the ability make the gargoyle prioritize air units because: The ability makes them prioritize air or the ability makes them prioritize a certain weapon index?

Knowing exactly how it works would be extremely useful, as it can definitely be used in custom maps for various uses.

EDIT: Oops, looks like people already answered that on the page before.

3. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Based on my tests, so it might be wrong:

The "Prioritize" skill has a very noticeable effect when you order the gargoyles to move to a target area, as opposed to ground-target. Once the gargoyles reach that area, they will normally look for ground units to attack first. With "Prioritize", the gargoyles will instead look for air units to attack first.

The quirky behavior of the "Prioritize" skill is (mostly) lost on an attack-move command when factoring in the gargoyle's position, as well as the enemies' position, since in certain cases, the gargoyle may encounter ground units first and will instead attack them.

4. tlstkwjr

tlstkwjr

Resources:
    Resources:
    FINALLY THEY FIX CUSTOM GAME SHADOW WOW

5. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    You guys are crazy; I was interested at the Prioritize.

6. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's really depressing to imagine what Blizzard probably thought the community and hype around this game would be by now versus what it actually is.

7. DexterFstone

DexterFstone

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a question
    When i update patch and make map in world editor can I play map to older patch version? (Online play)

8. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    So maybe I’m completely wrong here, but it seems to me that Blizzard is interested in boosting the popularity of WC3 competitive melee games... and that’s it. I feel like they want to bring up to par with SC2, but that’s not going to happen. This hardly justifies the things they messed up. The biggest one to me (personally) is the fact that there are not custom campaigns. That is outrageous to a large portion of the community. For primarily that reason I still haven’t updated to Reforged and don’t plan to until we at least get back what we had. Even a show of faith would be something, but it’s always balance updates that don’t mean anything to me. (Not saying they don’t mean something to others) it would just be nice to have something to look forward to again...

9. DexterFstone

DexterFstone

Resources:
    Resources:
    DotA map is make by this patch? Or 1.26? Because it is only open in 1.26

10. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There are different branches of DotA in warcraft 3, you have to check for the Author/Version. Tufuuu "makes" it for reforged. I think his version is 6.85ne x although he has included some changes from dota2 6.86, confusing. DracoL1ch "makes" one for V1.26 only, with a higher version numbers it has quite many features but only works on that specific version.
    Then there are is an older version, 6.83 from Icefrog which should work on any version above 1.24a.

11. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've said it a thousand times, so much so I hate repeating it: they should have never taken 1.31 away. They should have kept Reforged a separate executable and people would have treated it like a totally different game and the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

12. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    that costs much more than the current approach, and actiblizzard was never about real care for players, but for stakeholders' money

13. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well the editor's ability of the 1.26 compared to the Reforged is vastly outmatched. I doubt that various 1.26 features will be implemented in the current patches, it would be a surprise if they did. But if Blizzard wanted to do this they would have to drop that "All maps are theirs" rule.
    At any moment they could say Dota 1 is mine because it is in reforged. zzz. It is also one of the reasons why many mapmakers do not update their projects in the current War 3.

14. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It could potentially cost nothing if they do it the way players already have.

15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Little late to the party, but man that Prioritize ability is intriguing. Very interested in seeing what can be done with it.

Would love to see it be given a cool, more lore-fitting name, though. "Aerial Predation"? "Predator"? Kinda depends on exactly how it works, I suppose...

16. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I agree; it should also have its own icon instead of sharing it with Immolation.

17. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Ported Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think the simple name is fine, since it's not a mana costing ability and it's related to the basic attack command. You don't name Attack Ground "Rain Hell On Your Enemy" even though that is cooler...

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh of course.

Wait, were they just gonna ship it with the Immolation placeholder??

Stuff like that (the basic commands, that every faction has), sure.

But they didn't give the Knights a new ability & call it "Medium-Armor Killer"; they gave it a fun, flavorful name, because that's the kind of game Warcraft is.