• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.6 PTR PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Why it's always previous patch notes in blizzard app? This is annoying

upload_2020-6-3_1-50-43.png

Level 18
Every Reforged patch should be replied to with a picture of a Taiwanese protester giving the finger.

This is starting to feel insulting. The game has now been out for six months and the biggest feature we've gotten is adding the fucking single player button back. No communication, no transparency, nothing. Its all just adjusting microseconds for attacking animations and particles on special effects. Who gives a shit?

1.32.6 added 2 new natives to common.j
JASS:
native BlzFrameGetChildrenCount                    takes framehandle frame returns integer
native BlzFrameGetChild                            takes framehandle frame, integer index returns framehandle
Which are great, this things allow to access some frames we couldn't before.
I only did a short test yet, but found the idle worker Button and the Mouse Deadzone at the orginal pos of command button frame. Both are children of ConsoleUI. Idle worker Button is index 7 and the deadzone 5.

Edit: But this natives seem to ignore Texture/String childFrames.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
I want them to remove the dependency on the pile of 32GB without disabling cross-compatibility.
Classic version and Reforged version, both would be connected, but not required to have a huge amount of stuff that you can't even use in the first place.
Whatever method and how they do it that's on them.

Level 18
you want them to test 2 builds - HD and SD - separately? Multiple bugs by 2 right now. Not gonna happen.
I want them to put the classic client up and never touch it again. They can fiddle with and update their build as much as they want but I want people to be easily able to access the actual classic game that they love without having to jump through hoops.

Level 19
I want them to put the classic client up and never touch it again. They can fiddle with and update their build as much as they want but I want people to be easily able to access the actual classic game that they love without having to jump through hoops.
You think multibillionare corporate will follow the way of least damage just because users want it? Ha!
Nobody will take blame. Everything goes the way it's intended to. Wait for further patches!

Level 13
Wow, I just realized that it's been 4+ months since Refunded released with a bunch of missing features(Custom Campaigns, Profiles, Ladder etc.....).

And all of this time, how many of them were re enabled? None, zero, nothing.

I thought Blizzard can't surprise me anymore, but this is actually quite impressive.

Congratulations Blizzard!!!

Level 10
I have a confession to make. I love reading those. First of all, I laugh all the way through the update messages. Second of all, I am even happier that I didn't buy Refunded. This is ridiculous. Just as @Venombite said - they didn't bring any of the crucial features.

Level 13
Worst thing is that this patching cycle will last till January at the latest, after that the game will most likely get HotS treatment of getting one or two patches per year, for a few years and even less after that. So those features pretty much have only like 7 more months to get implemented. After that chances that they'll be implemented at all get a lot slimmer. And none of them got implemented in 4+ months, so....I hate to be a doom prophet, but realistically, things don't look good.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Worst thing is that this patching cycle will last till January at the latest, after that the game will most likely get HotS treatment of getting one or two patches per year, for a few years and even less after that. So those features pretty much have only like 7 more months to get implemented. After that chances that they'll be implemented at all get a lot slimmer. And none of them got implemented in 4+ months, so....I hate to be a doom prophet, but realistically, things don't look good.
It's why we only need proper lightening and high poly model implementation and some natives only. The rest we can manage for ourselves.

Level 13
It's why we only need proper lightening and high poly model implementation and some natives only. The rest we can manage for ourselves.
??????
We can implement Custom Campaigns, Profiles etc.....ourselves? Not sure we're om the same page here.

Level 2
Honestly, the very least blizzard could do right now is to give Wc3/TFT for free(Not that I need it, but I'm NOT telling my friends to buy deforged just to play Classic Wc3.), ANY company would've done it to compensate by this point.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
arent you satistfied with all the new features?
Correction, broken features, also broken features that they didn't even touched in the first place, removed ladder, clans, profiles, worse UI, shitty UI, garbage commands, garbage logic to whisper players friends, no friends notification when they enter a game, can't enter a private game unless invited, before friends could join private games because...they could see the game name in /f l, bugs, BUGS, BUGS, CRASHES, DESYNCS
DESJIJSIFJISASOJASIDOASJDIASDASJDJASDJIASODJASOIDJASPDASJDPASIDOSJDPASDIJASODPJASDOIASJDPASOIDJASDIASODPASDOASIJDASDPAISDJAFU(QW(YQ((A)AY8912vy3o9q8vyOB()AVO)Q"QV"()B

Well yeah, pretty much...

Level 19
Honestly, I find even that trailer pretty ugly, that BM using Bladestorm on 0:51 without any effects makes me cringe.
exactly why they said "your expectations to have the same UI and animations and graphic as in the trailer were wrong"!

Correction, broken features, also broken features that they didn't even touched in the first place, removed ladder, clans, profiles, worse UI, shitty UI, garbage commands, garbage logic to whisper players friends, no friends notification when they enter a game, can't enter a private game unless invited, before friends could join private games because...they could see the game name in /f l, bugs, BUGS, BUGS, CRASHES, DESYNCS
DESJIJSIFJISASOJASIDOASJDIASDASJDJASDJIASODJASOIDJASPDASJDPASIDOSJDPASDIJASODPJASDOIASJDPASOIDJASDIASODPASDOASIJDASDPAISDJAFU(QW(YQ((A)AY8912vy3o9q8vyOB()AVO)Q"QV"()B

Well yeah, pretty much...

actually I can see ppl talking about frames every day @ hive's discord, so features working! not everything at once, you know.

Level 2
exactly why they said "your expectations to have the same UI and animations and graphic as in the trailer were wrong"!

actually I can see ppl talking about frames every day @ hive's discord, so features working! not everything at once, you know.

Only until they touch the editor again and everything gets fucked up.

Level 13
Ok, I don't think I ever said this, but sadly it's time. I think that Warcraft 3 Reforged is never gonna be fixed and never gonna get in a decent state, let alone the state it was in January 26th 2020. The only solution I see is to uninstall Refunded and go back to an older version (pre 1.32)

Why am I saying this now? Yesterday I decided to play a match in another dead Blizzard game, Heroes of the Storm. I haven't entered the game since Deathwing was added, which was like 7 months ago. I don't care about that game at all anymore, haven't cared ever really, but especially now, but I guess I just wanted to see a new hero in action. And when I turned it on, it turns out that they have actually released two or three patches since Deathwing, just not content patches. It was just balance and events(which basically means new main menu background). However the game was visibly worse. Sure the new hero is unbalanced, but that's normal and will be solved in a few patches. However the problem is that the game's performance is visibly worse, and there are obvious bugs. I mean the game was getting worse and worse since it was "scaled down", but it was getting visibly worse. Earlier it took like 5 sec to start it, had an optimal performance and almost no bugs at all. Now however it takes like 5 mins to start, and there are visible lags and bugs.

So why am I writing it here? Well despite it being scaled down, I'm pretty certain that HotS still has a larger team and budget than Wc3R. And since even they aren't capable of fixing bugs and performance, quite contrary, I just can't see Wc3R team fixing the game, ever. Even if they re add missing features, they'll probably re introduce dozens of bugs alongside them, so yeah. It really doesn't look good.

Why am I writing this now? I guess I just needed to vent my frustration in some way, when it comes to Refunded....

Status
Not open for further replies.