• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.2 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Bugs and hotfixes aren't even on my shortlist, personally. Step one before anything else should be readding single player and custom campaigns. When major features of the original game get completely lost, top priority should be adding them back.
We have to take every step we can get while we can get it. Dont be a fucking goon.

Custom campaigns are hopefully coming but do you want to be left with bugs like when classic was abandoned with 1.31.1?
What about gates in battle for theramore? Same issue.
Test it on live. Ss and report if broken. Im not your daddy

Level 18
We have to take every step we can get while we can get it. Dont be a fucking goon.

Custom campaigns are hopefully coming but do you want to be left with bugs like when classic was abandoned with 1.31.1?

Whooooa! That's a little hostile. I was just giving my opinion.

Anyway, to be honest: considering that I'm playing 1.31.1 right now and have absolutely no plans to go back to Reforged in any way, shape or form, I wouldn't be effected at all if they never touched another glitch again, even slightly. Its going to take a hell of a lot more fixing a missing inventory slot or whatever to convince me to pick the game up.

If you're enjoying Reforged and having fun, more power to you. But for me, they need to focus on fixing some fundamental problems first and foremost.

Level 14
Whooooa! That's a little hostile. I was just giving my opinion.

Anyway, to be honest: considering that I'm playing 1.31.1 right now and have absolutely no plans to go back to Reforged in any way, shape or form, I wouldn't be effected at all if they never touched another glitch again, even slightly. Its going to take a hell of a lot more fixing a missing inventory slot or whatever to convince me to pick the game up.

If you're enjoying Reforged and having fun, more power to you. But for me, they need to focus on fixing some fundamental problems first and foremost.

Oh yes im oh so enjoying this downgraded version of the best RTS of all time. The are clearly aware of missing stuff like custom campaign and ladder. One can only pray they are added and dont break EVERYTHING.

However considering this terrible teams non existant QA. Ill just keep reporting the actual bugs in the campaign since i knew every original blade of grass in the old game and all AI patterns. No need to thank me im doing this for me.

Level 14
Oh, I have not patched to live, thanks god. Brrr.
I just remember some youtuber losing his shit over the gates in those two missions.
The rexxar one may be fixed udk but for the commonplayers twilight of the gods and a new power in lordaeron is beyond the scope of their ability to diagnose a problem

The first thing i looked for when i saw reports that no attacks were sent. Sure enough new fancy reforged gates. Gates that dont function with the old triggers to be destroyed on map start. And the old god will likely still remain when it is fixed so we have a map with a bunch of new and unused legacy triggers. A delight for sure

When i was first posting about twilight of the gods on forums people would rush in not understanding the issue yelling. Well they spawn for me! No they arent. It wasnt a matter up for debate that the map might be broken it positively was broken

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
if only you knew how many fixes they've done with 1.26 patch compared to 1.01 patch! so much progress
Not to mention how many bugs, crashes and unstability issues were introduced from 1.27 to 1.32.2 that never existed.
Well, one day they will fix them all, let's just hope let's not hope it's in 10000 years.

Level 4
Not to mention how many bugs, crashes and unstability issues were introduced from 1.27 to 1.32.2 that never existed.
AFAIK the problems started in 1.29, and I didn't see users complaining in the patch threads until then. Been playing EotA weekly since 2013, 1.26b to 1.29 (played it since 2006 but took a break), and this map is prone to crash specially the longer the game goes, but didn't have any problems until 1.29 and then reforged
Game on eurobattle (1.28.5) this weekend

Last edited:
Level 7
If one downloads a model here on Hive for example and uses it in their map, can Blizzard really claim it as theirs? It's not the author himself who uploaded it to their game. I'd like to think that you can't give away other people's stuff. If someone gives something away for free it doesn't mean you can make it yours and forbid that person from sharing it, does it?

Blizzard can never claim that the model is theirs and not yours, you always have the full rights to it. The EULA only states that they cannot be sued for using your intellectual property. Most likely, the intended purpose of this clause is to be able to use screenshots from custom maps for marketing, or in case they want to incoprporate a user-made character in a game or a map, or in other ways create derivative work based on user content.

Blizzard can never claim that the model is theirs and not yours, you always have the full rights to it. The EULA only states that they cannot be sued for using your intellectual property. Most likely, the intended purpose of this clause is to be able to use screenshots from custom maps for marketing, or in case they want to incoprporate a user-made character in a game or a map, or in other ways create derivative work based on user content.
It says you cannot use it. Its not yours anymore. You might be able to get away with using ideas and concepts you put into a war3 map anyways, but really only the courts will tell.

If one downloads a model here on Hive for example and uses it in their map, can Blizzard really claim it as theirs? It's not the author himself who uploaded it to their game. I'd like to think that you can't give away other people's stuff. If someone gives something away for free it doesn't mean you can make it yours and forbid that person from sharing it, does it?

That introduces an possible problem with the new EULA. Many of the maps on reforged right now have never been touched by the new editor, but they're being played on the new battle.net by ofc players... But the author never necessarily agreed to this new EULA. How are they going to handle this one?

Level 7
They do though?

The following components of the Platform (which do not include content or components of the Licensors’ Games), are owned or licensed by Blizzard:

1. All virtual content appearing within the Platform, including the Blizzard Games, such as:
    1. Visual Components: Locations, artwork, structural or landscape designs, animations, and audio-visual effects;

2. Narrations: Themes, concepts, stories, and storylines;

3. Characters: The names, likenesses, inventories, and catch phrases of Game characters;

4. Items: Virtual goods, such as digital cards, currency, potions, weapons, armor, wearable items, skins, sprays, pets, mounts, etc.;
  2. All data and communications generated by, or occurring through, the Platform;

3. All sounds, musical compositions, recordings, and sound effects originating in the Platform;

4. All recordings, Game replays, or reenactments of in-game matches, battles, duels, etc.;

5. Computer code, including but not limited to “Applets” and source code;

6. Titles, methods of operation, software, related documentation, and all other original works of authorship contained in the Platform;

7. All Accounts, including the name of the Account and any Battle Tags associated with an Account. All use of an Account shall inure to Blizzard’s benefit. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of the Account;

8. All Moral Rights that relate to the Platform, including Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, such as the right of attribution, and the right to the integrity of certain original works of authorship; and

9. The right to create derivative works, and as part of this Agreement, you agree that you will not create any work based on the Platform, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or otherwise by Blizzard in certain contest rules, Blizzard’s Fan Policies, or addenda to this Agreement.

So if they own it they can actually prevent you from sharing your "own" material with other people. This is why this is so fucked up. What you're talking about is a non-exclusive licensing which basically means you're sharing the license with the company, both of you can do whatever you want with the material. Blizzard is claiming exclusive licensing, which means they get complete ownership and take away your rights to the material you created, only they can do whatever they want with it.

Last edited:
They do though?

The following components of the Platform (which do not include content or components of the Licensors’ Games), are owned or licensed by Blizzard:

1. All virtual content appearing within the Platform, including the Blizzard Games, such as:
    1. Visual Components: Locations, artwork, structural or landscape designs, animations, and audio-visual effects;

2. Narrations: Themes, concepts, stories, and storylines;

3. Characters: The names, likenesses, inventories, and catch phrases of Game characters;

4. Items: Virtual goods, such as digital cards, currency, potions, weapons, armor, wearable items, skins, sprays, pets, mounts, etc.;
  2. All data and communications generated by, or occurring through, the Platform;

3. All sounds, musical compositions, recordings, and sound effects originating in the Platform;

4. All recordings, Game replays, or reenactments of in-game matches, battles, duels, etc.;

5. Computer code, including but not limited to “Applets” and source code;

6. Titles, methods of operation, software, related documentation, and all other original works of authorship contained in the Platform;

7. All Accounts, including the name of the Account and any Battle Tags associated with an Account. All use of an Account shall inure to Blizzard’s benefit. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of the Account;

8. All Moral Rights that relate to the Platform, including Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, such as the right of attribution, and the right to the integrity of certain original works of authorship; and

9. The right to create derivative works, and as part of this Agreement, you agree that you will not create any work based on the Platform, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or otherwise by Blizzard in certain contest rules, Blizzard’s Fan Policies, or addenda to this Agreement.

So if they own it they can actually prevent you from sharing your "own" material with other people. This is why this is so fucked up. What you're talking about is a non-exclusive licensing which basically means you're sharing the license with the company, both of you can do whatever you want with the material. Blizzard is claiming exclusive licensing, which means they get complete ownership and take away your rights to the material you created, only they can do whatever they want with it.

Statements like these are not compatible with international copyright laws and not legally binding.

In some countries, a transfer of copyright is not legally allowed, and only licensing is possible.[1] In some countries like the United States[2] and the United Kingdom[3], copyright transfer agreements generally must be in writing and must be signed by the person transferring the copyright.

You also need to specify the piece of work being transferred:

the document, or material attached to it, specifically identifies the work to which it pertains

So, it's not possible to sign a blanket handover of all your work through an EULA. Even if you could, it is impossible for Blizzard to prove in court that you are the one who signed the EULA and distributed the work unless you have made a written signature.

Level 13
I know I already complained about the Succubuses, Doomguards etc.....but this is much bigger!

Look at the Banshee from the editor:
Untitled.png
It looks imo kinda lame. Washed out of colors, more peacefull than scaery, completely white. It almost looks like another ghost creep, I've put them next to her for comparisson. I see all three have different models, which is awesome, but the colors are almost exactely the same. The Banshee doesn't fit with the other Undead imo, and doesn't really have that vibe.

Now look at the datamined Banshee from the Beta:
886387.jpg
Perfect! With black hair, blue skin, purple dress, just awesome. Looks totally scaery! Perfectly fits in with other Undead units. Totally has that Undead vibe from both Warcraft 3 Classic and WoW.

I don't get it! What's the point in this? Why would they change the skin a few days prior to release? Was it done intentionally to make them look more etherial? That was very wrong imo. I get it about some creeps(like Doomguards and Succubus). I mean they're just creeps and may pass as unnoticable. But the Banshees are playable units in melee, and important units in the Undead tech tree. They even have a couple of Campaign chapters that focus on them. So I don't get it. Why the change from something that already looked really good?

Level 20
I don't get it!
You mean beside the obvious that the datamined picture is NOT an in-game screenshot? Especially since you picked WowHead which doesn't even try to make sure everything's right before they post in favor of volume or regardless of what it really looks like in-game (particularly re: Ragnaros's legs)

Level 13
You mean beside the obvious that the datamined picture is NOT an in-game screenshot? Especially since you picked WowHead which doesn't even try to make sure everything's right before they post in favor of volume or regardless of what it really looks like in-game (particularly re: Ragnaros's legs)
All they needed to do, imo, is just add some more black and purple smoke, and that'd been it. Even here it looks a lot better, imo.

Level 16
All they needed to do, imo, is just add some more black and purple smoke, and that'd been it. Even here it looks a lot better, imo.

Just simple redoes would be way nicer than this mess. I like the lich comparison from 2002 ingame to 2003 campaign RoC Undead screen. I believe such edits, with a little more polish for 2020's standards, would've been perfect instead of these high quality lacking models. I feel like they're like action figures, good for the ones that like to collect them as room center pieces, but lacking for those who actually wanted a fucking revamp of their favorite game.

Level 11
Blizzard needs to fix the water shading, they literally copied the garbage one from WoW, said one is still hated for years.
also fix the portraits animations and cameras, all of them has zero emotions or even distinction.

Arthas original portrait atleast was smug and cheerful, Reforged makes him look like a Skyrim NPC post MFC animation bug(yes, skyrim has broken facial animations since the last patch of legendary edition and that extended to SSE).

Level 9
Blizzard: "We're going to make a remaster that's worse than the original with no community consultation"
EA: "We're going to form a committee of community members who will be part of the development process and pour a crapton of love in to this project"
What a time to be alive O.O
Honestly - it's disturbing that of all things EA seems to be delivering the remaster that the fans deserve while Blizzard just screwed it up big time. You know the industry is in trouble when EA saves the day all while Blizzard is taking a dump.

Level 14
Blizzard: "We're going to make a remaster that's worse than the original with no community consultation"
EA: "We're going to form a committee of community members who will be part of the development process and pour a crapton of love in to this project"
Honestly - it's disturbing that of all things EA seems to be delivering the remaster that the fans deserve while Blizzard just screwed it up big time. You know the industry is in trouble when EA saves the day all while Blizzard is taking a dump.

I was aware of C&Cs community team also.

It just speaks to how tone deaf and aelf important the blizzard development teama have been the past decade. One need only look at world of warcraft to guess this would happen.

I would love to see them take on the C&C crown jewel and remaster Red Alert 2 at some point

Or dare i say. Dungeon keeper 2 remastered. Hnnnnnnnghhhh

Last edited:
Level 11
I was aware of C&Cs community team also.

It just speaks to how tone deaf and aelf important the blizzard development teama have been the past decade. One need only look at world of warcraft to guess this would happen.

I would love to see them take on the C&C crown jewel and remaster Red Alert 2 at some point

Or dare i say. Dungeon keeper 2 remastered. Hnnnnnnnghhhh
Jim and petroglyph found lots of TibSun and RA2 files data, source and videos some time ago, when they were looking for TibDawn and RA files.

so... if this goes well, That may happen next, also making HD voxel models isn't that hard since PC's nowadays can handle it.

Level 13

You can't really compare Reforged with those Remasters. First thing, like Starcraft, C&C uses a 2D graphics, so it's much easier to get better graphics, and it requires less work. Remastering a 3D game is a lot harder. Secondly Reforged was never meant to be a remaster, it was meant to be more of a remake than a remaster. Of course than everything was cut and Reforged became Reskined, not even Remastered. When you make a remaster, it means making a not so expensive improvement, for a game to function with modern technology and earn a few extra box of the old game. When you make a remake, you wanna re populise the game, with bringing in new players, and new feeling to it. The first thing they said at Blizzcon 2018 is that Reforged is not a Remaster, it's not quite a Remake either, but far closer to a Remake, than a Remaster. Untill it became Reskinned. WC3 didn't need improvement for modern technologies, it looked and worked just fine, it has better graphics than LoL even today. (lol)

Level 14
You can't really compare Reforged with those Remasters. First thing, like Starcraft, C&C uses a 2D graphics, so it's much easier to get better graphics, and it requires less work. Remastering a 3D game is a lot harder. Secondly Reforged was never meant to be a remaster, it was meant to be more of a remake than a remaster. Of course than everything was cut and Reforged became Reskined, not even Remastered. When you make a remaster, it means making a not so expensive improvement, for a game to function with modern technology and earn a few extra box of the old game. When you make a remake, you wanna re populise the game, with bringing in new players, and new feeling to it. The first thing they said at Blizzcon 2018 is that Reforged is not a Remaster, it's not quite a Remake either, but far closer to a Remake, than a Remaster. Untill it became Reskinned. WC3 didn't need improvement for modern technologies, it looked and worked just fine, it has better graphics than LoL even today. (lol)

to be frank.

I would of PREFERED warcraft 3 was just a remastering and cleanup to the blurry stuff like C&C and SC:BW We would of ALL been a LOT better off. The game would probably AGE better too.

Level 13
to be frank.

I would of PREFERED warcraft 3 was just a remastering and cleanup to the blurry stuff like C&C and SC:BW We would of ALL been a LOT better off. The game would probably AGE better too.
Compared with what we've got, me too. :(
Though I don't think a Remastered was even needed, just a bug fixing patch atop the last version of 1.31.1.something

Level 11
to be frank.

War 3 in many ways would be
-fix the skeletons in the models, so animation becomes more fluid, also tesselate and hd them as Hive did in the past
-fix the model disparity and make heroes in campaign unique, like Giving tyrande, Naisha, pre corruption illidan, Falric/Marwyn unique models.
-expand world edit
-make everything compatible

but blizzard forgot all 4, also the fact that reforged models has some strange code that makes them even unplayable in older versions, unlike HOTS who's animations needs a few tweaks to work out of the box in war 3.
who is older here probably saw Dawn of War models working on it with no changes in war 3 engine, i even had a predator working 1:1 accurate with Dow 1.

Level 9
Mark my words: If EA remasters CnC RA2 or Generals (and their expansions) properly then I will become an "EA fanboy".
And for the current remasters of cnc 1 and ra 1--they are a bonus because the soundtrack alone is worth 25$. While wc3 Reforged costs much more than its supposed to be.

Level 4

ah.. spot the problem from this sentence.
Reforged was neither remake nor remaster, hence Reforged went to NONE :"D

Thanks for pointed that out.

Well, deep inside my heart, I wished Reforged to be a remake (like Black Mesa) with whole new codebase (and migration tool for older maps to newer format)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I dont even understand the point of WC3 remastered as it is, though.
The fact alone that they actually updated the games renderer, but critical render bugs like the square light tiling issue are still in the game says a lot. Why even change the renderer in the first place if you don't even fix the bugs in the process?

Level 19
I dont even understand the point of WC3 remastered as it is, though.
The fact alone that they actually updated the games renderer, but critical render bugs like the square light tiling issue are still in the game says a lot. Why even change the renderer in the first place if you don't even fix the bugs in the process?
because they're paid for reskin, not for bugs fixes, especially such minor ones

Status
Not open for further replies.