1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.2 PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    You mean beside the obvious that the datamined picture is NOT an in-game screenshot? Especially since you picked WowHead which doesn't even try to make sure everything's right before they post in favor of volume or regardless of what it really looks like in-game (particularly re: Ragnaros's legs)

2. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:

All they needed to do, imo, is just add some more black and purple smoke, and that'd been it. Even here it looks a lot better, imo.

3. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just simple redoes would be way nicer than this mess. I like the lich comparison from 2002 ingame to 2003 campaign RoC Undead screen. I believe such edits, with a little more polish for 2020's standards, would've been perfect instead of these high quality lacking models. I feel like they're like action figures, good for the ones that like to collect them as room center pieces, but lacking for those who actually wanted a fucking revamp of their favorite game.

4. Raised

Raised

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fix EULA please

5. ShadowArm

ShadowArm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard needs to fix the water shading, they literally copied the garbage one from WoW, said one is still hated for years.
    also fix the portraits animations and cameras, all of them has zero emotions or even distinction.

Arthas original portrait atleast was smug and cheerful, Reforged makes him look like a Skyrim NPC post MFC animation bug(yes, skyrim has broken facial animations since the last patch of legendary edition and that extended to SSE).

6. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard: "We're going to make a remaster that's worse than the original with no community consultation"
    EA: "We're going to form a committee of community members who will be part of the development process and pour a crapton of love in to this project"
    What a time to be alive O.O
    Honestly - it's disturbing that of all things EA seems to be delivering the remaster that the fans deserve while Blizzard just screwed it up big time. You know the industry is in trouble when EA saves the day all while Blizzard is taking a dump.

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was aware of C&Cs community team also.

It just speaks to how tone deaf and aelf important the blizzard development teama have been the past decade. One need only look at world of warcraft to guess this would happen.

I would love to see them take on the C&C crown jewel and remaster Red Alert 2 at some point

Or dare i say. Dungeon keeper 2 remastered. Hnnnnnnnghhhh

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  8. ShadowArm

ShadowArm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jim and petroglyph found lots of TibSun and RA2 files data, source and videos some time ago, when they were looking for TibDawn and RA files.

so... if this goes well, That may happen next, also making HD voxel models isn't that hard since PC's nowadays can handle it.

9. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can't really compare Reforged with those Remasters. First thing, like Starcraft, C&C uses a 2D graphics, so it's much easier to get better graphics, and it requires less work. Remastering a 3D game is a lot harder. Secondly Reforged was never meant to be a remaster, it was meant to be more of a remake than a remaster. Of course than everything was cut and Reforged became Reskined, not even Remastered. When you make a remaster, it means making a not so expensive improvement, for a game to function with modern technology and earn a few extra box of the old game. When you make a remake, you wanna re populise the game, with bringing in new players, and new feeling to it. The first thing they said at Blizzcon 2018 is that Reforged is not a Remaster, it's not quite a Remake either, but far closer to a Remake, than a Remaster. Untill it became Reskinned. WC3 didn't need improvement for modern technologies, it looked and worked just fine, it has better graphics than LoL even today. (lol)

10. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    to be frank.

I would of PREFERED warcraft 3 was just a remastering and cleanup to the blurry stuff like C&C and SC:BW We would of ALL been a LOT better off. The game would probably AGE better too.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This exactly.

12. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Compared with what we've got, me too. :(
    Though I don't think a Remastered was even needed, just a bug fixing patch atop the last version of 1.31.1.something

13. ShadowArm

ShadowArm

Resources:
    Resources:
    War 3 in many ways would be
    -fix the skeletons in the models, so animation becomes more fluid, also tesselate and hd them as Hive did in the past
    -fix the model disparity and make heroes in campaign unique, like Giving tyrande, Naisha, pre corruption illidan, Falric/Marwyn unique models.
    -expand world edit
    -make everything compatible

but blizzard forgot all 4, also the fact that reforged models has some strange code that makes them even unplayable in older versions, unlike HOTS who's animations needs a few tweaks to work out of the box in war 3.
    who is older here probably saw Dawn of War models working on it with no changes in war 3 engine, i even had a predator working 1:1 accurate with Dow 1.

14. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mark my words: If EA remasters CnC RA2 or Generals (and their expansions) properly then I will become an "EA fanboy".
    And for the current remasters of cnc 1 and ra 1--they are a bonus because the soundtrack alone is worth 25$. While wc3 Reforged costs much more than its supposed to be.

15. Section

Section

Resources:
    Resources:
    ah.. spot the problem from this sentence.
    Reforged was neither remake nor remaster, hence Reforged went to NONE :"D

Thanks for pointed that out.

Well, deep inside my heart, I wished Reforged to be a remake (like Black Mesa) with whole new codebase (and migration tool for older maps to newer format)

16. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I dont even understand the point of WC3 remastered as it is, though.
    The fact alone that they actually updated the games renderer, but critical render bugs like the square light tiling issue are still in the game says a lot. Why even change the renderer in the first place if you don't even fix the bugs in the process?

17. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    because they're paid for reskin, not for bugs fixes, especially such minor ones

18. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    How is it a "minor bug" if the whole light engine is broken?

19. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It is called sarcasm