• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1-18-08? =]

Going to see 1-18-08/Cloverfield? :D

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • ... what?

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Probably not. Looks kind of lame. My guess is it will turn out to be a movie that tried to be a little different and fail. Haven't looked into it, but just from the trailers I deduct this.

I'll wait for DVD probably.

Level 14
Ah, I know what Cloverfield is. Stupid commercial. Don't know whether or not if it will be any good, but I am not going to go see it. If the commercial doesn't at least give me an idea of what the movie is about I won't go see it. I personally think their commercials are kinda just half-assing it. Sure it might draw in more people to see it because "curiosity killed the cat" but if a movie can't pull it off with just a normal good old fashioned trailer it isn't worth seeing.

Level 21
i think they are going for an unorthodox aproach to marketing, i dont think its "lazyness" its more of a tactic to attract viewers. although it doesnt give any ideas about the film, it does arouse interest and expectations. its a good tactic, and because of the way it has been implemented, it has the potential to turn a low budget film into a giant profit.

Level 27
Ah, I know what Cloverfield is. Stupid commercial. Don't know whether or not if it will be any good, but I am not going to go see it. If the commercial doesn't at least give me an idea of what the movie is about I won't go see it. I personally think their commercials are kinda just half-assing it. Sure it might draw in more people to see it because "curiosity killed the cat" but if a movie can't pull it off with just a normal good old fashioned trailer it isn't worth seeing.

Euhm.

1. It costs a lot of money to make it longer
2. you wanna see every good part to only leave the lesser parts and see them in the movie XD?

Status
Not open for further replies.