• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Beijing 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
China has been making changes in Beijing to prepare it for the Olympics '08. The main changes are ways of reducing the amount of pollution. This article from Wired magazine will list some changes they've made already.(a link to the article is below) Even with the changes they've made already, China still has a problem with winds bringing polluted air from other cities and provinces. China also hasn't completely rid Beijing of pollution. What do you think China should do for Olympics '08?

Article:http://www.wired.com/science/planetearth/magazine/15-08/ff_pollution

Last edited:
Level 34
DAMN! What a s(...)tload of smog :thumbs_down: Ok new target for Save-The-Earth-By-Being-Clean-Guys: Asia!
People! Stop driving with your cars to the mailbox around the corner! Do like most of us do: Use the bike, public transport and all those things :D

Level 6
DAMN! What a s(...)tload of smog :thumbs_down: Ok new target for Save-The-Earth-By-Being-Clean-Guys: Asia!
People! Stop driving with your cars to the mailbox around the corner! Do like most of us do: Use the bike, public transport and all those things :D

They are installing new subways, and I do believe China is known as the Bicycle kingdom. The main problem here (in my opinion) is the large amount of factories. They're still using 1950s vintage factories in some parts of China.

Level 34
Yo one thing: The Dutch are the bicycle kings! More then half here bikes. :thumbs_up: Biking/public transport ftw! China is only king of massing bikes. :wink: Amsterdam is Bicycle Capital.

#There are 9 million bicycles in Bejing#

Level 26
Yo one thing: The Dutch are the bicycle kings! More then half here bikes. :thumbs_up: Biking/public transport ftw! China is only king of massing bikes. :wink: Amsterdam is Bicycle Capital.

#There are 9 million bicycles in Bejing#
Actually, though Netherlands is the bicycle country, Tianjin, China is the bicycle capital. China is also the leading in bicycle manufacturing, I believe.

I believe it's "on a roll".

Oh, and here's London's shitty logo:

2007-06-04T155611Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKTP-UK-BRITAIN-OLYMPICS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.