• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

China's New invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Pollution is something they are working on, frankly it is no worse (even better than) Europe and America when they went through their eras of rapid industrilization. Do remember that the USA still has one of the highest emmision volumes of all countries in the world before knocking China so much.

Yeah, but you know who has higher volumes of emission than the USA? China. I doubt its worse than the period of industrialization. Back then, they didn't erect a new coal power plant every week, like China is doing now. Have you even seen Beijing? That city had a smog worse than London.

The fact remains that they have the worlds longest traffic jam while having 14 lane moterways just goes to show how crazilly built up their cities are. How would you expect London or New York to hold if they had that much traffic running through them? Only reason London does not have 60 mile traffic jams is that the UK has measures in place to activly punish car users and force them onto aging mass transport or to not come at all in cities unlike China (or atleast to a much lesser degree).

London and New York traffic don't get to become 60 miles long. Simple as that. I fail to see how having a 60 mile traffic jam while they have 14 lane motorways is a good point for their cities......

The USA and Europe is suffering from an aging infustructurre. Some parts of Europe (Germany and Switzerland mainly) are attempting to modernize however still are relying on structures built during WW2 for every day travel and are not willing to reach certain levels of development. USA is not modernizing at all, frankly its amazing the country still works when many bridges and power structures would be condoned hazardous and unsafe by European standards due to cheap initial construction and no maintence.

Well, considering most of European industrial infrastructure was destroyed in WW2, seems odd that they relied on rubble. New York City, btw has the largest subway system in the world and I think 3 of the world's longest bridges were in the US state of Louisiana alone.

China however is rolling in the lattest stuff and often not willing to cut corners on it as well. A rail network and road network designed during the 19th centuray can not hold up against modern engineering.

Not willing to cut corners. Right. That explains why the pollution is terrible in China. They neglect the environment to boost their economy, and they're still not doing enough to cover their pollution. You know only like 1% of the people in China who live in cities breathe safe air, right? Industry in China don't score well in terms of energy efficiency either. Steel factories use like 20% more energy per tonne than the international average, etc.

IN ADDITION, have you seen the quality of Chinese products?

You fail to see just how desparate people are... Perhapse you should watch the news more and see how the world is in a global recession. If a Republican president gets in the USA they will probably instantly go to war with Iran or something stupid to continue with the last Republican's work so have no room to talk about China. The UK can not do shit anymore millitry wise, they can not even afford aircraft for one of their carriers and rely increasingly heavilly on China for business. Russia would not care if China invaded africa and the rest of the developed world could only throw words at China (unless they want to get obliterated from the face of the planet).

People may get desperate but you're just confusing desperation with idiocy and lack of common sense, which are separate. You don't seem to understand the situation at all. I mean, China is not stupid by any means at all, you're suggesting they're desperate AND stupid enough to invade Africa.

According to you, people won't notice or care if China engages in a war to not just take a country, but the entire continent of Africa.... They are a strong nation, don't get me wrong, but they aren't some invincible nation of super humans that can easily clean up the rest of the world. Remember, this is REALITY. War is not something that's easily won, and even without the support of other countries I guarantee to you that China will have a hard time winning out in Africa. Look at the Vietnam war, America and its allies were FAR greater than their opponents, yet they pulled out. Look at the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Soviets pulled out despite superiority.

War isn't something that can be thrown around like you seem to think. War is EXPENSIVE. EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. Do you think China's going to risk its economic boom for some idiotic war in Africa? Of course not, they're doing so well in peace time, why throw it all away for the stupidest move possible?

And also, why in God's name would China both going across the world to take over Africa? PLEASE tell me you're joking about it, because its actually one of the stupidest suggestions I've ever heard.

Russia also relys on gas, so if that runs low they would be quite willing to take over some ungaurded (as good as) african or other countries for some more.

You don't seem to understand Russia's energy situation at all. They are one of the energy superpowers, they have a huge load of natural resources to work with.

You seem to hate Africa a lot as well. Russia and China are NOT going to go across the globe to pointlessly attack Africa, that is stupid and absurd.

Frankly China can hardly run most African countries worse than they are already run. Additionally you forget that China is already taking actions to attempt to gain influence over some of them by getting Chineese companies to establish factories or mining opperations, giving them all the more reason to take them over, especially if they start getting xenophobic (another tibet).

What? Many foreign countries invest in Africa for the simple reason that its resource rich. But for China to initiate a war to take over Africa? A vast continent that has people who in the past few decades fought with great determination to free themselves from imperialism and who are still willing to fight to free themselves, guaranteeing guerrilla warfare? A continent on the other side of the world? You think China would burn their economy to try and take over Africa? And then rebuild into a developed state? You're lacking common sense here...

You also do not know exactly how much money millions of Chineese people earn... It is getting to the stage that China is importing cheap labour from places like Europe cause it costs them more to locally employ people from China. Ofcourse most people will still earn badly in China, but subtracting most from a billion still leaves a huge number and those people earn huge sums well past some well paid jobs in Europe and America.

China is importing cheap labor from Europe? What the hell? China is the SOURCE of cheap labor. Why do you think China has many companies and factories outsourcing over to China? ITS BECAUSE ITS VERY CHEAP THERE. You don't understand, China's economy is NOT invincible. China's economy is NOT going to survive a long, big war in a place as far from China as Africa. Its too big, its got too many people who won't take kindly to Chinese invasion and its way too far.

Don't even think about saying I fail to understand this, because you're the one contradicting facts and common sense, not me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
China is importing cheap labor from Europe? What the hell? China is the SOURCE of cheap labor. Why do you think China has many companies and factories outsourcing over to China? ITS BECAUSE ITS VERY CHEAP THERE. You don't understand, China's economy is NOT invincible. China's economy is NOT going to survive a long, big war in a place as far from China as Africa. Its too big, its got too many people who won't take kindly to Chinese invasion and its way too far.

I see you are far fetched from reality... A person with a PHD in engineering is under 16000£ a year in the UK. A Chineese person with a PHD in engineering is 20000£+ a year in China. Thus Chineese companies are sniping skilled workmen from Europe as it is cheaper than local labour. Like I said there will always be cheap labour in China but you get what you pay for.

China is no longer the place with funny hats you see in your dated cartoons, it is the second if not the worlds super power. Maybe you have not noticed how they have been running the world fair over the last couple of months... Or that they held the olympics 2 years ago nearly flawlessly. Or that Chineese people are investing abroad now into other countries.

I guess if you live in the ass of the world like some of the remote places in the USA you will not care. However if you plan to become rich or atleast well off in the forseeable future, China will play a key role in your life.

Level 19
China is no longer the place with funny hats you see in your dated cartoons, it is the second if not the worlds super power. Maybe you have not noticed how they have been running the world fair over the last couple of months... Or that they held the olympics 2 years ago nearly flawlessly. Or that Chineese people are investing abroad now into other countries.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2010/08/china-might-be-2-by-gdp-but-it-ranks-99.html

Also, run the Olympics flawlessly? Wtf? Have you already forgotten the massive protests by the Tibetans? Or the massive spending in removing the pollution?

Level 12
I see you are far fetched from reality... A person with a PHD in engineering is under 16000£ a year in the UK. A Chineese person with a PHD in engineering is 20000£+ a year in China. Thus Chineese companies are sniping skilled workmen from Europe as it is cheaper than local labour. Like I said there will always be cheap labour in China but you get what you pay for.

You've still yet to explain to me why people outsource to China if they're more expensive there then. Most developed nations have companies outsourcing over to China. Don't start attacking me and saying I'm far from reality, you're the one needing to face facts here.

You've clearly been watching too many cartoons, not me. I think you need a reality check, first of all, if its running the world, then it wouldn't be the second superpower. Maybe you have not noticed but Chinese are human. Get a reality check. I mean, if they're as perfect as you say why don't you migrate there and live there? Since you seem to be fine with how polluted China is and seem to think their political and socioeconomic status is invincible.

As Fussiler1 kindly pointed out, China's economic situation is not really as you put it, since it has a massive population, so per capita its no where near enough.

2008 Summer Olympics was FAR from being perfect or flawless. Worldwide protests over Tibet were occurring, before, during and after the Olympics and gaining international media attention. Almost every country in the world sending athletes into Beijing were worried about the pollution and how it would affect the health of the athletes, and even the US Olympic team imported their own food due to concerns over safety of the food. There were A LOT of security concerns too, because there were A LOT of people who were afraid that terrorist attacks were going to occur and security was always a major concern and foreign journalists apparently were restricted in what they were allowed to report. Also note, that a lot of people in Beijing were displaced due to demolitions and constructions.

I guess if you live in the ass of the world like some of the remote places in the USA you will not care. However if you plan to become rich or atleast well off in the forseeable future, China will play a key role in your life.

Firstly, I used to live in Japan, now I live in Australia, not the United States. I'm doing fine economically, WITHOUT meddling in China, so I have no idea what possessed you to say something like this. Its not like people are going to be in poverty because they didn't have anything to do with China, that's just stupid if you're suggesting that. Like I said, you seem to think China is great, why don't you go live there? I mean, if its so perfect as you keep saying.

You really need to stop saying I watch too many cartoons or I don't watch enough news. I don't watch TV unless its the news and I check my facts, its not based on assumption either. Seriously, for you to not know half this stuff (especially regarding the 2008 Olympics in Beijing) you'd have to have not watched the news AT ALL.

P.S. You seem to know what 'dated cartoons' with China seem to have, I think you should stop watching these 'dated cartoons' where the Chinese wear funny hats. I don't even know which cartoon you're on about.

Level 15
Level 12
I don't see how Chinese government trying to get rid of pollution makes them a bad host.

Also, protests happen every year. Why does it necessarily make China a bad host because Tibet did it?

The problem was there was already a lot of pollution, and even though the government did try to get rid of it, it was still a problem I believe.

The protests were bad because they became HIGHLY restless during the Olympic period and pro-Tibetan groups launched large campaigns around the time of the Olympics and there were disruptions of the Olympic torch because of them too I believe.

These things don't make China a bad host, no one said that, but it does present huge problems, because of protests and unrest going worldwide and in China itself, over Tibet and human rights in China, which presents security concerns. The pollution meant there were health concerns for the athletes. There was a study I read how only 1% of Chinese people living in the cities breathed air that the EU believed was safe. Yes, the government acted against that but it was still a big health concern.

Level 15
The problem was there was already a lot of pollution, and even though the government did try to get rid of it, it was still a problem I believe.

The protests were bad because they became HIGHLY restless during the Olympic period and pro-Tibetan groups launched large campaigns around the time of the Olympics and there were disruptions of the Olympic torch because of them too I believe.

These things don't make China a bad host, no one said that, but it does present huge problems, because of protests and unrest going worldwide and in China itself, over Tibet and human rights in China, which presents security concerns. The pollution meant there were health concerns for the athletes. There was a study I read how only 1% of Chinese people living in the cities breathed air that the EU believed was safe. Yes, the government acted against that but it was still a big health concern.

So what you're saying is that because there's bad air, no matter how hard the Chinese government tries to fulfill their obligation to clean it, if they fail, they're a bad government?

I'm confused.

Level 12
So what you're saying is that because there's bad air, no matter how hard the Chinese government tries to fulfill their obligation to clean it, if they fail, they're a bad government?

I'm confused.

You're confused because you're making up things I never said or claimed. I didn't say that made them a bad government, in fact I never said anything close to that.

The air was so heavily polluted that even though the government act to clean it up, people had concerns over health because the air was that polluted, and this was a concern during the 2008 Summer Olympics.

Level 15
You're confused because you're making up things I never said or claimed. I didn't say that made them a bad government, in fact I never said anything close to that.

The air was so heavily polluted that even though the government act to clean it up, people had concerns over health because the air was that polluted, and this was a concern during the 2008 Summer Olympics.

Okay, so what does this have to do with China being a good government/powerful in the world? Loads of countries face health issues similar to this.

Shit, look at the United States and obesity.

edit: and no, it doesn't maek sense because 2 different people are arguing the same point with 2 different goals in mind. I wasn't mocking you in my previous post, I was legitimately confused.

Level 12
Okay, so what does this have to do with China being a good government/powerful in the world? Loads of countries face health issues similar to this.

Shit, look at the United States and obesity.

edit: and no, it doesn't maek sense because 2 different people are arguing the same point with 2 different goals in mind. I wasn't mocking you in my previous post, I was legitimately confused.

I was arguing against DSG's post, where he said China flawlessly pulled off the 2008 Olympics.

Level 12
compared to other olympic games, basically.

all of this aside, what's with people and nonsensical Japanese in their user bar? Zeron and InfiniteSeven; both of yours don't really make any sense.

Zeron's is Chinese, I'm Japanese so I know what I'm writing thanks.

EDIT: It won't make sense on translators because translators are rather terrible at translations.

Level 15
Zeron's is Chinese, I'm Japanese so I know what I'm writing thanks.

EDIT: It won't make sense on translators because translators are rather terrible at translations.

I'm not using a translator. I lived the first 9 years of my life in Japan. For some reason the 3rd character in his shows up as particle in IE8 for some reason. when I switch to firefox it shows up fine. MY BAD. Yours still sounds awkward to me regardless.

Level 12
I'm not using a translator. I lived the first 9 years of my life in Japan. For some reason the 3rd character in his shows up as particle in IE8 for some reason. when I switch to firefox it shows up fine. MY BAD. Yours still sounds awkward to me regardless.

It may only sound awkward because its written in a childish, playful manner.

Also, we're going off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.