• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

0 damage spell deals a very small amount of damage (something like 0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Just patched to the new 1.31 patch and I don't know if this is related, but I have a dummy unit that casts a 0 damage Storm Bolt to stun units. For some reason the Storm Bolt is dealing a very small amount of damage, it appears to be about 0.5. I'm staring at it in the Object Editor and it's clearly set to deal 0 damage.

Any ideas? New patch bug? I'm using a Damage Detection System (Bribes) but I turned it off and it didn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I'm having the same problem. Must have something to do with the patch.
If it's 1.31 specific, then it's most likely due to the separation of pre-damage versus on-damage events that were introduced. I haven't done enough comparisons to how it was in 1.30 and now that the game is patched officially I'm not able to verify whether this is a new issue or not.

Level 20
Did you try with another spell ? I used a damage detection system of my own prior to the patch, and all my targeted spells based on Channel displayed "1" as floating text damage, even though no actual damage was dealt.

I don't think that's 1.31 related, and no clue why it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.