• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

₪ - Animal Life II ORPG - ₪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Also I'm questioning the use of the alliance system really, I don't see much useful coming from it.
The main use is for Role Playing, so people can create their own clan and fight the other ones. Trust me it's very cool in game, when you do some PvP. You should keep it. :)

[EDIT] By the way, I updated the first message, I now tell I'm not more working on the map, because many people send me mp and think I'm still working on it. ;)

Well you can always just kick someone if they enter a cheat in I believe (just look and see if they enter the string that makes a cheat), if not I'm sure someone's done an anti-cheat system.

The main use is for Role Playing, so people can create their own clan and fight the other ones. Trust me it's very cool in game, when you do some PvP. You should keep it. :)

Idk - I guess it could definitely give you something to do after playing through the story, but I'm not sure if it's really secure enough atm - we may want restrictions to prevent someone that's playing at level 100 declaring war on all the level 10's and killing them to be an ass

Level 6
Yes you're right, but I had the idea don't worry. I think it's not in the new system, but in the first RPG, if you were in no clan, then you were considered as neutral for guys with a clan. So there are no problems with this. :p

@Titania : You can't cheat when you play on B.Net, and we just have to put a anti-solo system. ;)

Level 6
I don't know why you are talking of Jass in this way. Anyway, there are easy ways to prevent this type of stupid hacks (done by stupid hackers btw ^^). I think the best one is to put in the save code a wrong character when a cheat has been detected, so players who will try to cheat will always get wrong save code and don't understand why. :D

PS : Please stop writing in red, it flashes eyes and I guess it's reserved for admins.

Level 2
Just wondering what is still needed for the release of beta cause of the time of this post i have played everything in the first animal life.

Really we're at the hard part:
Making the "meat" of the game, that is the quests, spells, heroes, terrain, etc.
Basically the stuff that the player directly interacts with and direct the game, all the basic systems are already complete.

The main problem is that we're a bit, um, unprogressive atm.
There hasn't really been any work lately with the only guarantied members in the project being me and DK Gamecrafter.

The game's essentially at a standstill now but definitely could once again spring up as a working project - by myself I know I can't finish the game nor do I have to drive to work on it by myself.

I had tried to get the hero spells organized, and that did help spur activity for a period of time but after leaving on vacation early summer interest in the progress once again seemed to stoop overall.

Basically here's what I'd like to have finished before any actual coding work on the map is done:
-Spell set for at least 1 hero finalized, so that we have something to test the game with. The animals that seemed closest to this point where Wolf, Deer and Bear I believe.
-Some beginning quests so we have something to work with once we have a hero's spell set finished. Along with quests I'd like this game to have an overall "story" to the quests, a main progression that will keep the player interested in more then just the loot.

The old map I was working on the terrain on has unfortunately become corrupted, unless I can fix that I'll have to star anew on that. This could be a good thing though, this could allow the terrain to be made with the quests and such in mind for it all to make more sense.

Okay, so before people just start randomly posting suggestions (if they do and my confidence in peoples interest is actually warranted) we should do this with some manner that's organizable and easy to come through and view later.

SO this is what I propose.
-If you have an idea, please give a short statement before it about what it is or your intentions, something - nothing really specific.
-Put your actual idea in hide tags labeled something like:
"Spell Idea(s): Spell Name"

basically: Category: Idea

This way it's not a huge wall of text that's a pain to look through later to tie everything together. Do not be afraid to use hidden tags within hidden tags.

If you don't know how to use hidden tags:
PHP:
[hidden="INSERT THE LABEL FOR THE BUTTON HERE"]

All the text inside the hidden thing goes here

[/hidden]

I am open to anyone's ideas so don't be afraid to post yours.

Do NOT suggest a Dragon hero, we already went over this multiple times - the original creator didn't intend to put fantasy type beasts in the game or magic or that sort of thing.

Being that animals couldn't form any form of society together or the such, the story of the game will have to have some aspects of fantasy in the story and such, but this shouldn't be overdone - scenarios should be "believable" in a way, though the definition of that is a bit loose here

For the story/lore I had only though to myself about this, but what I was thinking was something along the lines of trying to find the origin and some method of stopping an illness introduced into the "society" (shall we say, really how much "civilized" aspects the animals in the game will exhibit isn't decided atm) that drives it's victims insane before killing them, thus explaining the creeps more so then just "they evil/bad/predators"

Level 9
Idea:Make quests realistic and introducing quests like

Fueling yourself,Learning to fight,Mating
Rewards should be balanced out depending on how hard it is,make the quests link to the story besides repeating quests,story must be realistic too and secrets to make the player interested.

Level 2
A few skill idea for spider (i was thinking the spider would be a debuffer with a little bit of DoT and instant damage

(currently unnamed) The spider jumps onto the enemy and continually wrapping it in a web while biting it dealing minor damage. (snare or slow + slight damage)

Makes at web at the target location increasing the speed of the spider and slowing attacks as they get bound in the web.

The spider injects the target with poison causing it to miss and dealing instant as well as damage over time.

The spider makes i giant web that poisons enemies as they walk on it snaring or slowing them (similar to the giant web in first animal life)

The spider has a chance to avoid an attack and attack back. (evasion with a twist).

Couple of skills i thought up just now for turtles.

Shell bash: The turtle hits the target with its shell dealing damage and stunning for a second.

(passive or activated) The turtle has spikes on its shell (or gets spikes) that increases the armor the shell provides and does % or flat damage to attackers.

The ancestors of the turtle force the enemies away from the allies of the turtle and make them attack its hard shell.

(due to people liking this skill from first animal life) Turtle hits the ground with its shell and creates rows of spikes dealing good damage and short stun and slow from the fall.

(passive) While in Hunker Up: The turtle in its shell has increased regeneration

Low level simple damage and slow/stun

I plan to continually update if you can tell me which animals you need skills for. I'm not cumming up with any quest ideas so I'm going to continue with the skills for now

The Insane animals have grown to be too many and some of them must be slain, (generic kill quest).
Next quest in chain: While you were away the animals attacked and killed a family and took their children, you must find and rescue them (option to keep child or return it)
Next quest could be: The animals who attacked were our friend once, we must capture them so we can find out what is wrong with them.

(animals can be replaced with anything descriptive I'm just trying to convey my point)

The animals have stolen the food you must find out who did this and get the food back.

I'm not very good with quests but those were i few i thought of.

Here are a few i thought for scorpion was thinking scorpion would have insane DoT abilities with decent survivability.

Tail strike: Does low instant damage as well as damage over time (low cd with stacking poison or decent cd with good poison)

A poison that gives the scorpion control of the unit and deals insane DoT (just damage to bosses)

The scorpion uses its venom to slowly stop the heart of the target. (DoT or could be instant if you change the description)

The scorpion burrows under an area and poisons the ground dealing AoE DoT, the scorpion can either appear there or return to casting location after cast.

The scorpion being from the desert creates a sandstorm that causes enemies to miss and also allows it to go invisible while not moving (could also do slight damage)

for all the skill ideas i post i check to see if they are already listed on post #111 so i'm not repeating anything.

These are my ideas for the boar (i will post 3 skills for each and you can tell me if you need more for each animal) I thought the boar as a tank DPS focusing more on tank

Enrage: (toggle) The boar enters an enraged state causing it to attack faster and hit harder but takes more damage in return

Charge: While enraged the boar can charge to the target location stunning and hurting enemies along the way (similar to skill on post #111)

When the boar is not enraged it can turn its skin into armor plating giving it armor and reduced damage.

Toggle: Opposite of Enrage: Lowers damage but lowers damage taken and has chance to block attack with its horns.

The fat on the boar gives it reduced damage.

After blocking an attack with its horns the boar can counter but flipping the attacker stunning it.

I plan to add a few more tanking abilities for boar since there are already lots for offensive abilities on post #111 and the ones i suggested (but if you plan on boar being more offensive tell me and i'll get a few more offensive abilities.

After playing animal life I noticed many heroes abilities were mostly fantasy so i plan to incorporate a few more fantasy/magical spells into my ideas.

Updated with 6 new skills for turtle and boar (3 turtle 3 boar)

Last edited:
Level 2
Uhm, Where / There wolf, bottom line, we're Hiring, or what? Or are we waiting for someone to give us a kick start?

well i can keep giving you ideas if i know the kind of ideas you need like for which animal and such and what your plan for the story is in more detail so i can think of some quests to match it.

@below would also like to beta test if that would be possible, was big fan of the first trying to do as much as i can to help the second.

Last edited:
Level 2
Basically yeah, some more members could definitely help

members for what cause I plan to help as much as i can.

EDIT: also you haven't really responded to my pm asking what animals in particular you want some more skills ideas for so currently i'm just sorta blanketing ideas

EDIT 2: Gamecrafter responded so its all good, i'll keep posting ideas for those that didn't have many on post #111

Last edited:
Level 6
Well you could maybe post in the "Project Recruitment" forum, that could help finding people.

About the quests, I don't remember if I posted it before, a friend of mine is currently working on a very very well made custom RPG for WarCraft 3, and he can give me his quest system code. It's all in vJass, but I tested it sometimes ago and it's very easy to implement and use so... :D

Also, I was thinking about the first message of this topic, Wherewolf, if you want any modification, just let me know (you can send me the new message by PM) and I modify for you.

Animal Life FTW ! :D

Level 2
This is what i was thinking the animals roles should be

₪ - Bear: DPS/Tank more dps then tank
₪ - Boar: Tank/DPS/side tank more tanky then bear less dps
₪ - Scorpion: good DoT with slight instant damage and debuffs
₪ - Spider: Debuffer with some DoT and instant damage
₪ - Stag: Healer mainly heals with a damaging skills
₪ - Turtle: Pure tank with a few damaging stuns
₪ - Wolf: Instant DPS/team support

I also think we need another animal to take the roll of buffer and maybe another instant DPS.

@below yes i am very aware of post #111 as i look at it before i post a skill idea to ensure i am not repeating skills. But it would be helpful if the classifications could be confirmed so i can more properly suggest skill ideas. Currently I'm posting them for what i think their role should be and what skills can support that classification. If you could even narrow it down that would be greatly helpful. Thanks

Last edited:
We've had a few discussions on the class roles and we still aren't final on anything yet

Here's a link to the spell Ideas that came from an older brainstorming session:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1628148-post111.html

A few idea's we've been through before with roles:

Roles:
Wolf = Speed and Attack
Bear = Attack and Defense (tank?)
Scorpion = Assassin
Spider = Assassin
Boar = Attack and Defense (tank?)
Deer = Speed and Support (Support?)
Turtle = Defense (tank?)

Wolf = DPS-Support / Agi -Speciality, support roars and demoralizing roars, and fast dps, low armor.

Bear = DPS-Tank / Str -Speciality, high hit points, huge damage, slow attack.

Scorpion = DPS / Int -Speciality, high over time damage and stacking damage, a bit vulnerable

Spider = DPS / Agi -Speciality, really fast attacks, traps, very vulnerable.

Boar = Tank / Str -Speciality, extrem armor, balanced unit and easy for first time play.

Deer = Healer-Support / Int -Speciality, healing and supporting with tranquility auras, medianly vulnerable, low damage

Turtle = Tank / Str -Speciality, Uber armor, low damage

Elk = DPS-Healer / Int -Speciality, nice healing, nice damage, low attack speed. (Male ; Female)

With Deer already included, adding in Elk seems redundant so atm there aren't plans on including that yet - that's an idea that person had.

Animals that would work good for getting done first:
-Any of the high attack ones, so something like Wolf or Bear
-The more general all purpose would also be high priority, as to which these exactly are atm is unclear but something like Deer or Boar seems like they'd be the best multi-purpose heroes.

Level 2
Well there its never really solo since your probably going to at least be in groups for 2 incase any children die. I do agree the start should be easy but as the game goes on i would expect it to get harder so that it would require teamwork. Not as hard as tbr 2.0 (which i hate sorry if people like it but thats my opinion) but more like TKoK where it is possible to do with tank healer dps but the more people you have the less likely you are to die and the faster you can complete.

@below updated #153 with new boar and turtle skills :D feed back on skills would also be nice so i know if I'm going in the right direction

Last edited:
Level 2
Well I think I have enough skills currently so if you need more just tell me and I'll update it but till I get some feedback I'm done.

Well yeah, the goal of the project was to create an ORPG experience, and not a survival game - you need to see that a game completely based in reality wouldn't be interesting, at least for the people constantly getting mauled by the player that chose bear or something.

I'm not sure if we're going to include a healer unit, but some form of healing/defense would be necessary to allow each player's skills to compliment.

Basically:
-The game will emphasis teamwork, as why bother playing the game online if your just going to solo it?
-The games going to need some sort of quest/story to it as a game with no point/progression is no fun - people would get bored pretty quickly of just killing everything lower level then them.

Those classes I posted before where ideas that were brainstormed, we don't have a set one yet.

Level 2
This is one big project you have here, mostly an ORPG, I give you a full support here 'WherewolfTherewolf' since the map was passed to you. I like all the systems and features in the map, so original, so good, makes a great map! I played Animal Life I before and it was great, I like the Pregnancy System, and the Spawn-from-trees system. Good luck on this project.

Level 2
The more the realistic the better :> im helping because i wanna play this game xD

If you played the first Animal life a lot of the skills were not realistic. The animals had abilities that could be realistic to the animal if it was magic. For example the turtle shot ice and the spider could make giant webs. The game is realistic to a point cause if it was real it would pretty much be bear = win, and that doesn't make a very good game.

EDIT: what happend to this thread it lost like an entire 50 pages of posts or am i just seeing things

EDIT 2: i'm bored D:

EDIT 3: so whats been goin' on? no new posts D:

EDIT 4: still nobody posting, and double posting is bad :D

EDIT 5: noticed you changed your avatar, wolf.

Last edited:
Level 1
I could help you with translations as I'm pretty free, and my English is pretty maxed out. meh, but really if we languages to a video game, max cap for English = lets say... 200? ill be at 175.(partly because I can correct my English teachers at school lulz):xxd:

By the way, I'm also pretty stubborn, but not to worry as I know i have A LOT to learn!:grin:
:vw_love:

No this project isn't dead, it's just kinda inactive atm

I could help you with translations as I'm pretty free, and my English is pretty maxed out. meh, but really if we languages to a video game, max cap for English = lets say... 200? ill be at 175.(partly because I can correct my English teachers at school lulz)

By the way, I'm also pretty stubborn, but not to worry as I know i have A LOT to learn!

Well I'd say multiple languages is one of the last priorities of this project, the original creator of the first one did French first and translated it to English, I'd rather get the whole project made out in English first, then worry about translating it to other languages.

EDIT: what happend to this thread it lost like an entire 50 pages of posts or am i just seeing things

EDIT 2: i'm bored D:

EDIT 3: so whats been goin' on? no new posts D:

EDIT 4: still nobody posting, and double posting is bad :D

EDIT 5: noticed you changed your avatar, wolf.

You know you can bump a thread after it's been inactive for 2 days I believe it is (just don't go bump crazy, it's mainly to bring the thread to the forefront again).

Nothings really gone on, I'm not intensively actively working on this, with homework and all, and seeing as the original map in which I had done a lot of terraining work on has become corrupted I'm going to have to restart on that completely - but I'd like to have the ideas organized well before terraining so everything works to flow together.

Basically for the terrain it should start someplace easy and calm, someplace for the players to get used to the game and the story is basically getting started. The first area should definitely be a simple forest or field type terrain, this is pretty easy to make. The second area should be slightly more difficult, to let the players start getting used to the difficulty curve, from there we can get creative with level design.

Gtg soon, but I'll elaborate more on ideas for level design later - feel free to contribute your own ideas for "zones" or "areas" for the game, even if it's kinda crazy

Level 1
BetaTester

SIR ! i would like to be a beta tester if you need one (or that space has been taken already :vw_sad:)
I wanted to because i really love this kind of game and i love animals too :goblin_good_job:

Level 5
i love spiders :D how about this skills?

Spider Sense (like in spiderman lol) :
the spider can sense danger and evade enemies atacks sometimes. (evasion)

Spider Agility:
the spider is a powerful and agile hunter even when it comes to fighting bigger enemies. (more damage or atackspeed)

Spiderweb :
the spider makes a web and hides in it waiting for its prey to come inside it. (can make a spiderweb and hide inside it if anyone comes in it the spider can make a surprise atack, also the spider get a bit more rege inside it. EDIT: maybe the spider since it is weak in defense can make 4 nest? or more dunno but just some if she puts more the oldest one die..)

Spider Silk :
the spider is able to envelop her enemies in silk making them unable to move. (mm sounds like entangle..)

Spider Poison :
every atack of the spiders puts poison into the enemie making him suffer more and more each time he gets poison injected. (can work like incinerate or a passive poison that stacks o.o)

Combo idea : maybe .. when an enemy with really low hp is inside the spiderweb the spider can use her spider silk and eat him.. like real life...

I just realized dont the spiders make a nest with a dead body and inject the eggs on the stomach and leave the eggs inside the body hided under a rock the little spiders are born and they eat the corpse and then the mother moves the rock and takes em out..? kinda weird seing that in wc3..

Last edited:
Level 2
I just don't have enough time atm to dedicate to this with school and all.
I'm putting this on hold until I have more time (possibly around winter break when I can get some time devoted to creating the things necessary for beta)

D: o well when you need something just send me a message and i'll get back to you. was wondering what was going on with it anyway so thanks for the update

@below

if you need anything i'll see what i can do to help.

@2 below as i said if you 2 need anything i'll see what i can do to help, this is i project i do not want to see die D:

wow... i just played a 4 hour game of animal life 1 yesterday, went from lvl 1 to lvl 26 in a single game.

Last edited:
D: o well when you need something just send me a message and i'll get back to you. was wondering what was going on with it anyway so thanks for the update

Yeah well you haven't missed anything, mainly just a period of getting no work done considering posting that message - it's probably better for the project anyways

Level 2
Since the break is fast approaching I was wondering if you guys need anything to continue with the map and if so just say it and I'll see what I can do. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.