• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

₪ - Animal Life II ORPG - ₪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
IMPORTANT
I'm sorry to announce that I don't work anymore on the map. StarCraft II is now my principal game occupation, and if you want to know more, I'm very interested in the new Galaxy Editor and began a map :) . But Animal Life II isn't dead anyway, thanks to WherewolfTherewolf, the project is still living and will (we all hope so) be release someday. If you want to help or tell somthing about the map, don't hesitate !

Hello people of the HiveWorkShop, let me introduce you a project I began in july 2009. This map is the second version of my first ORPG map, Animals' Life. It had a little success when I released it, and it's still played sometimes at the moment on Battle.Net.
For more informations about Animals' Life I, you can go on the topic of the map, or on the map download page.

₪ • Animal Life II - The Reborn • ₪
BETA Version...

₪ - History

Everybody in the world, with enough of consciousness on the world, imagined at once one time what could be the life of the creatures which share the same world as our one, what could be their thoughts, their true way of life, their most hidden secrets. Although humans could imagine many things, this community doesn't share a lot of things, and the only real link we will never forge with animals is living together. There is though one easy solution to get closer of an animal life, which consists in getting under the skin of them in a role playing game. And that's what made me realize this project.
I present to you Animal Life II, a project which seems to be a very original mod in the universe of Warcraft III. You'll incarnate a real animal, in a real environment, and you'll have to pass trough all the dangers the nature can give to survive, explore the local world, and constitute your own family. Fight the various animals that inhabit these earths, create alliances with the other players, and hunt your enemies. Or live a more peaceful life, in horde with the animals of your species, but you'll always need to fight to get resources and useful items.

₪ - Animals

They are the creatures you will control, so the most important in the game. Here is a description of every animal.

₪ - Bear

For the moment, no description available, I will do it later, probably when the beta will be released...

₪ - Boar

For the moment, no description available, I will do it later, probably when the beta will be released...

₪ - Scorpion

₪ - Spider

₪ - Stag

₪ - Turtle

₪ - Wolf

₪ - Features

The map isn't finished yet, and I did not release a Beta for the moment, but I'll tell you some features I made for the map.

₪ - Animal selection system

I made my own selection system, which works with trackables. This system allows you to :
  • Select an animal ;
  • Select its sex ;
  • See its model and hear its voice ;
  • See its stats ;
  • Have informations about its abilities ;
  • Select the language for the game.
I have nothing else to say, but this is very pleasant to begin the map with this beautiful and helpful window. Notice that when you click on the 'Choose' button, you'll have to click a second time ; it prevents from miss click errors. The window is also very very tiny, I think it's about the size of a peasant, so it doesn't take any place in the map.
Here is a little video I made, the system wasn't finished yet, but you can see the most of its features.

₪ - Couple system

This is the same system as in Animals' Life 1 ; you can couple with the animals of the same species as your one, to get sex (yeah, everyone wants to !) and babies. Children will be able to fight with you, so you can more easily go against enemies. But care, if they die, they won't revive.
There are two sorts of couple : mammal and oviparous. The mammal will have to wait after the couple act, that the female gets laid of her babies. If she dies during she's waiting for children, the children will disappear. When the female is ready to get laid, she'll have to do it as soon as possible, because if she waits too long, she'll lose hp very quickly. To get laid, the female should not be attacked for a little moment (~10 seconds) ; so a female won't be able to get laid during a combat. The oviparous will lay eggs just after the couple act. Eggs can't be moved, and they are vulnerable, so the parents have to couple in a hidden place, or they have to protect the eggs against creeps and enemies. The time before the eggs hatch is the same as the mammal to get laid.
Of course, a mammal female can't have sex when she is pregnant, and oviparous female can't lay other eggs when they already have.
Video of the system (same as the selection system, I reworked on it so this video doesn't show the final system).

₪ - Artificial Intelligence system

I decided to create an IA system because in Animals' Life 1 it was boring to fight against "static" creeps. So I made a system allowing to create groups of creeps, and allocate a patrol path for it. So when you create a group, you add animals, then you add some patrol locations, and finally you create paths between some of the location. Then the group will patrol randomly between the locations, but they'll respect the paths. Notice that a group won't go back to the previous location it was, unless there is no other path for the location it is. When a unit of the group dies, it'll be revived when all the other units will be at a checkpoint and not attacked. Let see how it works with an example :
shemaexempleia.jpg

Let's say I create a group of 3 wolves at the location A, this is their start location. Then I create four other patrol location : B, C, D and E. But now I need to allocate paths between these locations. In the example, I created paths between A-B, B-C, B-D, C-E, D-E. So first, the group will go on the location B, because it has no choice. Then, location B has three paths : A, C, D. It won't be able to go on A because it was the last one, so it will go on C or D. Here, wherever it is between C and D, it will go on E. The, if his last one was C, he will go on D, and inversely. Etc. I think you understood.
A little example video :

₪ - Eat system

As in Animals' Life 1, every animal will be able to eat. What can be eaten depends of the animal, and there are three types of food : insects, plants and corpses. Insects are eaten by little animals like spiders and scorpions ; plants are for herbivores like turtle and stag ; corpses are the food for carnivorous like bears and wolves. You will find food everywhere. Insects and plants are present all on the map, and corpses appear when you an animal is killed.
Why is it useful to eat ? Because when you eat something, you'll get back some hit points, and also energy. Energy is the mana, and is very important, because it shows how is your animal. When energy reaches zero, you'll have some "problems".
The amount of hp healed will depend on several factors. First, for insects and plants, more the insect/plant has hp, more hp you will get back. But it also depends on one of your animal's three stats. About corpses, it's different, when you begin to eat a corpse, a little bar will appear, then more long you'll eat on the corpse, more it will lose hp, and more your bar will progress. If the bar reaches the maximal, or if the corpse doesn't have hp anymore, your animal stops eating, and he will begin to get hp and energy back, and the amount depends on how many meat quantity has been eaten.
Like previous systems, I made a video to see how it looks in game :

₪ - Chat system

This is one of the biggest change for the second version of the map, I totally remade Warcraft III players chat system, to make it better for a ORPG map, and more user-friendly. The messages are not displayed normally, they are displayed by in-game text messages, so it allowed me to add more options. Here is a list of all the commands I currently added :
  • Whisp : the same as the normal one, but in game. You can whisp every player in the game by using the command .w {player name} {message} ;
  • Smilies : I imported a custom font, so I've been able to create smilies. Some examples of smilies you can use :
    • :) ;
    • <3 → ;
    • :male: → ;
    • :female: → ;
    • And others...
  • Smilies color : you can change the color of your smilies : .sc {color} or .sc !{%red} {%green} {%blue} ;
  • Me : the same as Battle.Net channels : .me {message}, the text will appear in grey ;
  • Ally : the entered message will be displayed only to allies : .ally {message} ;
  • All : the entered message will be displayed to all players : .all {message} ;
  • To ally : the next messages will be displayed only to allies : .toally ;
  • To all : the next messages will be displayed to all players : .toall ;
  • Ignore : allows you to ignore a player's messages and notifications : .ignore {player name} ;
  • Unignore : will allow a player's messages and notifications to be displayed : .unignore {player name} ;
  • Wizz : will wizz a player's screen : .wizz {player name}
  • Clear : clears the screen messages : .cl.
There is also an anti-spam system, so players can't post too many messages and spam the other players screen.
The system is very easy to modify, so I can easily add other commands on the future, and smilies too. A little video :

₪ - Alliance system

This system is very similar as the one in Animals' Life 1, but I entirely remade it, with vJass this time, so it has been really easier to create something not as buged as it could be.
In what does it consist of ? Every player can create alliances with the other players, so he can be ally or enemy with them as he wants to. The system is made like the clan system on Battle.Net, every player can create is own clan, and then invite the other players with no clan. The chieftain of a clan is the only one who can manage it, meaning he can invite players in his clan, kick them when he wants to, or just dissolve the clan. Players with no clan can anyway send to a chieftain a request to enter his clan, and when they are in the clan they can leave it whenever they want to.
An option allows you to lock your alliance parameters. When you locked it, players are not able to send you text box, like when they invite you in the clan, or if you are a chieftain the others can't send you any request. It is here to counter all the kikoololmao-players who can really find it very funny to spam another player's screen with many requests.
I also added a "auto-refresh" system. It means that, for example, if you are on the page where you can send a request to a chieftain, and when you are just ready to click on the button the player dissolves his clan : your page will automatically be refreshed so that the clan doesn't appear anymore. Another common example is when you are in a clan, and you look the main-menu page, and during this time the clan is dissolved : the page is refreshed, so you now see a page like if you were not in a clan.
This system is really more pleasant than the one in the first version of the ORPG, and I invite you to see this little example video :

₪ - Languages

As in Animals' Life 1, it was important for me to create the map with several languages, so more people are able to play it with less difficulties. For the moment, only English and French are available, but if I can in the future I'll try to implement German and maybe other.
You can easily change your language in game : at your revive point the will be a unit which will propose to you every language.
I tried to translate as much things as I could. So the following translations are done : the text-messages, the abilities, the help log (F12), the items. But it is always possible to see something that is not in your default language, for example if you look at the items of another player which doesn't have the same language as you, the description will be different. Anyway, I think it is really better to change almost everything in a language you choose, so although there can be some "bugs", players will have to play with.

₪ - Energy

For the moment I've not worked a lot on this system, but the energy will be your mana, and you will have to keep it as high as possible all the time. You will lose some energy every second, depending on what items you wear, what is the weather, and maybe some other factors. Using abilities will also take you some energy.
If your energy reaches zero, your animal will have some problems. I think that I won't kill it, I'll make it lose all its hp except one, then it will begin to sleep for sometime, to recover about 5-10% of its energy, then he will wake up.
It will force the players to be care to their energy, because if they don't, their animal will become very vulnerable, and if they meet an enemy, they will not get many chances to avoid the attacks.
You will be able to recover energy by eating something, or by sleeping somewhere. I did not add the sleep ability for the moment, but I described the eat system, so you know how it works.

₪ - Screenshots

Not available for the moment

₪ - Progress

For the moment, I worked a lot on the big systems I told you on this topic. I've not worked on the terrain, on the spells and some other things like creeps. The quest system will be a library from a framework realized by a friend, so I won't have to create my own. For now, I'll try to release the first beta as soon as possible, so it won't be complete at all, many things will be missing, but people will be allowed to tell me their first feed backs, idea and bug-reports.
When will the first beta be released ? I don't know, and I prefer not to give a date, because I am not sure to be able to finish it for given times. I am a student, I'm at school, and I have a life, so I can't work on it all the time. But I will do all my possible !

₪ - Recruitment [!]

To work faster on the map, I would appreciate some help if people are motivated. I'm searching for :

₪ - An English translator / corrector

The work consists in helping me to have a perfect translation of all texts written in English, in the map but also on this site (and this topic for example :thumbs_up:). So if someone knows that he has a (really !) good English level, and wants to help me, please contact me with a private message.

₪ - A terrain designer [OK : WherewolfTherewolf is the terrainer]

Terrain is a big part of work I guess, and I'm not a good terrain designer at all. So I really need help from someone to make a good terrain for at least the first creep area, which is in a forest. Please, if you know how to make good quality terrains and have nothing to do for the moment, contact me !
If you contact me, please attach some screenshots or/and maps to show me what you are able to do. I don't want a perfect terrain, but I don't want to give this task to someone who mapped 2 hours in his life too... So, if you think you have the level, contact me (and don't forget screenshots/maps !) and I will tell you if I think you are able to do what I want, or not.

₪ - Beta testers

I think I don't really need to tell it, but I will need testers when the beta will be released. Being a tester doesn't mean only to play the map with friends, it also mean to report me everything you can tell about the map : feedbacks, bugs, suggestions, ideas, etc. It is something I really need, because my own tests don't show me all the bugs there can be, so please don't forget to notice it when you see a bug : write it on a paper or somewhere else, if you can take a screenshot, and if you don't forget save the LastReplay file (in Warcraft 3 -> Replays directory), then send me all here or by private message.
Maybe I did not thank enough all people who helped me by this way in Animals' Life 1, but I will do it here : thanks to every tester, and everyone who reports me things, you maybe don't know how important reports can be, but they are !

Working for me doesn't mean that you have to do something very fast, I'll give you all the time you need. Just don't take 3 months to do your work if you can do it in 2 days, that's better for me and the map. And if you are too long, I will probably prefer asking someone else to do the task, so don't come and say "I NEED TO DO THIS !!11" if you know you won't do it, thanks. :wink:

To be continued...

Last edited:
Level 6
Wow you can do all those systems but you can't terrain? lol i would have made 5 rpgs by now if i could do those systems. :p Anyway good luck with your RPG sounds fun. I don't think you really need a Translator your English isn't that bad.

Level 14
Hey.
I've played Animal's Life 1, and I have to admit, that was better than what I had expected before starting.
As BlinkForfear said, you do not need a corrector. Your english is pretty good.
Good luck with your project, mate.
Good night.
^Herian^

Level 7
This is purely amazing... I saw all the "Demonstration" videos, I mostly Like the Spawn out of trees system, the eating system, picking system, and pregnancy system. The chat system is pretty cool too with the smileys xD

Level 6
As BlinkForfear said, you do not need a corrector. Your english is pretty good.
Good luck with your project, mate.
Thanks. :)

This is purely amazing... I saw all the "Demonstration" videos, I mostly Like the Spawn out of trees system, the eating system, picking system, and pregnancy system. The chat system is pretty cool too with the smileys xD
I'm happy you like ! Hope many others will like too in the future !

About the recruitment, I found two persons who can help me for terrain and translation, so for the moment it looks like I don't need other people to help me. Anyway, if you really like the project and want to help, just ask me, and maybe you could do something for me. Thanks !

Level 3
Hey...Im going to make a Terrain map and give you screen shots..But do the trees have to be destructible?

{EDIT}
Also....Could i beta-Test this map? Wat Realm Do you go to....I can go to Azeroth and Lordaeron (US West and East)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Man thank you for terrain, but Nano began the creation, anyway if you are a good terrain-maker, send me screenshot so you could upgrade Nano's work. :)

About the trees, they are not destructible.

You will of course be able to play the beta, and I guess everyone who want will be able too, when I release it.

And I play only on Northrend (Europe).

Well I have a lot of other work, but I am interested in this project and helping terrain it, here's a few shots of some of my work

153136-albums2668-picture24777.jpg

153136-albums2668-picture23696.jpg

153136-albums2668-picture22236.jpg

153136-albums2668-picture24061.jpg

Level 14
@Rommstein : Good luck again. Lol. I'll keep coming to this thread to say good luck.

@WhereWolfThereWolf : Truely amazing Oasis >:D and it seems like you like Sunken Ruins tileset ;) ?

Level 6
I'm also quite good with realistic forest terrains, maybe i'll send you some screenshots soon or something if you're still interested.

Level 6
Bump.

Hey guys, I'm beginning the creation of the spells for the animals. Currently I made 4 spells (only, but they are elaborate), but I think in the future I'll be in leak of original ideas. So I think you could maybe help me. :grin:

I need spells that are/have :
- If possible a bit original ;
- Realistic, I don't want animals using flames, or lightning, or anything else magical ;
- Common senses with the animal, for example a scorpion can use stings, but he can't jump.

So if you get some ideas for the following animals, don't hesitate to share it with me !

Bear, boar, scorpion, spider, stag, turtle, wolf, these are the animals.

Thanks to people supporting me !:wink:

Wolf Spells:
-War Cry: Lets out a loud bark that terrifies and knocks back all nearby enemies causing them to have reduced move and attack speed for a period of time.
-Howl: Melodically Howls a soothing song restoring health to the Wolf and nearby allies (channeling).
-First Strike: CAN ONLY BE USED IF BEHIND THE ENEMY (this could be good for synergy, get an ally to distract the enemy then use this) - LEAVES A BUFF ON THE TARGET UNIT, THIS SPELL CANNOT BE USED UNTIL THE BUFF WEARS OFF. Leaps up and bites at the targets neck in an attempt to cause intense bleeding and wrestle the creature to the ground. Causes the target to have reduced move speed, damage over time and take increased damage from allies attacks.
-Leer: (yeah yeah, taken from Pokemon) Stares at the target unit with icy abode, striking fear into it's very heart causing the unit to have decreased attack damage and defense.
-Pack Tactics: The more allies you have with you, the more damage you and your allies deal on attack. Other wolves provide a greater attack bonus. (Can be stacked between wolves)
-Alpha: Leads the Pack into combat, causing all nearby allies to fight with greater zeal, increasing their damage for a short period of time (like Battle Roar).
-Spirit Wolves Cry: (just thought I'd throw in a projectile) The wolf harness the power of its ancestors releasing a cry that causes a surge (use a ghostly wolf running as the projectile) that damages all enemies in a line in front of the wolf. I know this is a bit "mystical," but I still wanted to kinda keep it realistic even for a fictional animal so I figured ancestors would be the best explanation - if you don't like it It's fine, I just figured I'd throw out the idea to try and give the wolf at least 1 spell with a bit of a range.

K, here's a preview of the terrain I've been working on so far. This is connected to the forest you started in the beginning by a sand bar. I've been trying to incorporate branching paths into the terrain while still looking natural. The mountains range is still much earlier WiP so you can't see the paths and stuff very well atm - I'm going to go over it with rock doodads and such to make it look more natural. I'm also planning a deep twisted forest in the area next to the mountain range. If you can see it, I did put in small walled off places like you said to do in there.

153136-albums2842-picture27342.bmp

Of course this is still WiP, I'm going to add many more details to it, more places, etc. - and maybe slim up that coast line at one part a bit

Level 6
Hey, thanks a lot for updating, and for spells idea ! :3

-War Cry: Lets out a loud bark that terrifies and knocks back all nearby enemies causing them to have reduced move and attack speed for a period of time.
This is interesting, really, I think I'm gonna take this idea. :D
I'll keep it in mind for when I'll make all spells.

-Howl: Melodically Howls a soothing song restoring health to the Wolf and nearby allies (channeling).
This is an interesting heal idea, anyway I guess I'll probably give it to another animal, as every animal will have his own features : the wolf will be a damage dealer, and another will be the healer.
But I take the idea, though.

-First Strike: CAN ONLY BE USED IF BEHIND THE ENEMY (this could be good for synergy, get an ally to distract the enemy then use this) - LEAVES A BUFF ON THE TARGET UNIT, THIS SPELL CANNOT BE USED UNTIL THE BUFF WEARS OFF. Leaps up and bites at the targets neck in an attempt to cause intense bleeding and wrestle the creature to the ground. Causes the target to have reduced move speed, damage over time and take increased damage from allies attacks.
I like the idea. This is very interesting. :D
And moreover, I think, it's a really good and significant spell for the wolf, using the "strike" (or something else don't remember) animation will make it realistic.
I also like this idea. :D

-Leer: (yeah yeah, taken from Pokemon) Stares at the target unit with icy abode, striking fear into it's very heart causing the unit to have decreased attack damage and defense.
Interesting, I also see that spell being nice for the bear. I'll see later, but it's a cool idea. (NORMAL, IT COMES FROM POKEMON !)

-Pack Tactics: The more allies you have with you, the more damage you and your allies deal on attack. Other wolves provide a greater attack bonus. (Can be stacked between wolves)
Hmmm. This is a cool idea, but there could be some problems to make this spell, as every animal starts with an attack like '8-10', so if it gets more damage for every unit near him, it will be too high. I could also divide it, adding 1 more damage for X units near you. I'll see later if I keep this idea, but thanks. :p

-Alpha: Leads the Pack into combat, causing all nearby allies to fight with greater zeal, increasing their damage for a short period of time (like Battle Roar).
Basic, but why not. ^^

-Spirit Wolves Cry: (just thought I'd throw in a projectile) The wolf harness the power of its ancestors releasing a cry that causes a surge (use a ghostly wolf running as the projectile) that damages all enemies in a line in front of the wolf. I know this is a bit "mystical," but I still wanted to kinda keep it realistic even for a fictional animal so I figured ancestors would be the best explanation - if you don't like it It's fine, I just figured I'd throw out the idea to try and give the wolf at least 1 spell with a bit of a range.
Sure it is a bit "mystical", as you said, but I could use this spell for the last one you can get (the ultimate). I'll think about it.

K, here's a preview of the terrain I've been working on so far. This is connected to the forest you started in the beginning by a sand bar. I've been trying to incorporate branching paths into the terrain while still looking natural. The mountains range is still much earlier WiP so you can't see the paths and stuff very well atm - I'm going to go over it with rock doodads and such to make it look more natural. I'm also planning a deep twisted forest in the area next to the mountain range. If you can see it, I did put in small walled off places like you said to do in there.

153136-albums2842-picture27342.bmp

Of course this is still WiP, I'm going to add many more details to it, more places, etc. - and maybe slim up that coast line at one part a bit
I like ! Really ! This looks really cool and natural. Could we meet on msn so we could speak about details ? And I would like to see the map in the worldeditor. Anyway, great job man, I like your work !

K, I'll try to get on MSN sometime so we can discuss - oh the map doesn't allow me to test it in, but this is probably because your using an external editor (JNG I assume) that allowed you to increase the size so much - also I may need to update my Wc3 anyways.

Hmmm how many spells do you need for the units?

Some bear spells:
Bear: (I'm assuming the Bear is a mix of support and damage as Wolf takes the position of main damage dealer)
-Paw Swipe: Bats the enemy with huge clawed paws (hmm is paw the correct term for a bear?) dealing intense damage and causing bleeding (damage over time).
-Tornado: (Only using Tornado as a term for the technique) The bear strikes at all sides using a swift spinning strike dealing damage to enemies around the bear.
-Bestial Endurance: As the bears health decreases, its will to fight increases giving the bear increased Defense proportional to the amount of health lost (also add a slight bonus when it's at full health - so its not just useful when low on health).
-Swift Feet: The bear rushes to the target location, pushing any units caught in its path out of the way and stunning them.
-Taunt: Normal taunt from Wc3, simple but it works

Level 14
I think a spell for a scorpion that would be good:
-Burrow Strike: The scorpion burrows on the ground, and goes attack one nearby random target. Also envenoms the target.

Level 3
Spell Ideas ~ Ignore if You Wish ~ (I'm not a great speller)

Simple Spell Ideas

Any Unit Spell
Bulk - after eating you gain a fat reserve that comes into play later (More of a spell every one has)
Fat Reserves - Mid Battle when you are tired you can burn some fat reserves to regain some energy and a little tiny bit of HP.

Bear
Overwhelm - jump onto the enemy and strike multiple times at the helpless prey.
Rip (teeth) - Bite hard into the enemy causing bleeding (damage over time)
Intimidate - like tuant but for the motion the bear stands on its back feet and swats its arms ~ also lowers enemy attack for a little while on the target (single target)

Boar
Tusk Rush - Rush the enemy and ram the tusks into him temporary stunning him with the impact

Scorpion
Poison Injection - poke the enemy with the tail damage over time
Death Poison - (used on weaker enemies with low HP) Finishes the off with poison
Burrowing Death - Tunnel underground towards the target ~ appear next to him (stuns for half a sec because of surprise) sting and deal damage over time and lower defense temporary
Snip - Snip your target deal extra damage each strike (Auto cast ability)

Spider
Infection - (this idea came to me because it recently happen to me ~ lol) Bite the opponent and deal damage, after a few seconds the target gets infected and take constant damage and reduced abilities.
Crawl - The spider is small enough to crawl over the enemy and attack multiple times in quick succession without fear of counter attack.
Camouflage - spiders blend very well into their environment ~ turn invisible ~ wind walk
Web Trap - Lay a trap that when enemies walk over it traps them in that position for a time

Stag
Trample - Stomp the enemy with powerful hovers
Pacify (passive) - (Deers/Stags are seen as more peaceful creatures) Enemies become more relaxed in the presence of the stag and suffer from debuffs
Stampede - (More effective with more young) the stags charge to a destination and damage all that are in their path

Turtle
Hunker Up - Go into the shell and become immobile and unable to attack but gain a huge amount of defense
Snap - Bite down with powerful jaws immobilizing the enemy
Shell Out - (Used after Hunker Up) Roll into the enemy dealing minimal damage

Wolf
Overwhelm - Like the Bear
Dread Howl - Knocks all nearby enemies back and stuns for half a second
Tail Whip - (Pokemon inspired) Lowers aggression towards the hero wolf

As before ignore these if you wish, I'll just be happy if you take them into consideration.
P.S. I really like the first map, but can never find any one to host it for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
@Herian - you ever played DotA? if you have, you'd know, that there's a scorpion 'king' in it named crixalis, he has the ability 'burrow strike' which makes him go underground and impale targets along the way, before emerging to strike at the target. It's pretty much alike, although your spell would wreack havoc with the player's control, since he don't know where the scorpion would pop up.

Oh well...

Level 13
I can beta test and correct your english, although i may make some mistakes myself. Your english seems fine, nontheless..

New Terrain WiP image

Terrain%20WiP.jpg

The names were just what I dubbed the different areas, you don't need to use them if you don't want to (Mountain area still really early wip)

Stag Spells: (btw, your going to get a better Deer model right? at least one with some more suitable animations) - I'm assuming Deer are support/healing
-Support Aura: The very presence of a Deer creates a comforting aura that passively increases the health regeneration rate of nearby allies.
-Hoove Bash: Brings down heavy hooves upon the head of the target, stunning it
-Defender: The Stag makes a concentrated effort to guard the target, causing the target to have drastically increased defense but preventing the Stag from attacking while using this.
-One, Two Strike: (simple but whatever) The Deer bashes the area in front of him/her with Antlers and then consecutively kicks the area behind him/her causing damage to units in the area in front and behind the deer and pushing them away.
-Comfort: Comforts the target, causing the unit to regain health as long as this is channeled.

Yo Werewolf T were - You spelled paradise slightly wrong :/ And the deep woods doesn't have more trees than anywhere else. If you want a dark, deep woods, what about creating some fog, perhaps, and making it into a valley? And, is the last area's name Jagged P Ath? You could rename it to something a bit more adventurous. Rocky wastes, The Plateau wasteland / plains. Stone field, Maybe throw a 'mountain' or something in, somewhere. oh well, my opinion.

Well, I'm sorry but Photoshop doesn't run spell check - ANYWAYS those names were just randoms ones I decided to call the areas - the names probably won't get used in the game anyways.

{EDIT}
Well also everythings still early WiP, I'm planning on adding a lot more to those woods, thats just about how much I've raised from the water so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wip.jpg

New WiP

Some Boar Spells:
-Boar Rush - runs forward, plowing through units that get in its way dealing intense damage.
-Horn Throw - Stick um' and flip um' - The boar gets its Horns underneath the target and flips it high into the air, dealing damage upon returning to the ground and damaging other enemies it lands on.
-Forage - The boar searches for Truffles in the ground - if the boar happens to find some, it digs them up so they can be eaten to restore health. (% chance to find increases with level, mana cost decreases - truffles appear like plants, but for fairness sake they should be able to be eaten by carnivores).
-Mud Slap - (another jacked Pokemon spell) the Boar slams at the ground, spraying mud/dirt/sand into the eyes of enemies dealing light damage and giving them a % chance to miss upon attack (Curse spell). This should hit all enemies in front of the boar when cast.
-Haze - beats the target silly, causing it to have a high % chance to miss upon attack for a period of time (a more extreme but single target V of Mud Slap).

More Bear Spells:
-Bears Presence: the very presence of a bear is terrifying, causing nearby enemies to move much more slowly out of fear
-Rage: the Bear goes into an uncontrolled rage, attacking all nearby enemies but losing control (player control) for a short period of time. Each attack the Bear take deals twice the damage but incites the bear to more violence increasing its attack speed.
-Finish: Only works on units with less then 5% (2.5% for bosses with a lot of health) health The bear picks the target up and rends it in the air finishing it off, instantly killing it, also feeding the bear a slight amount while still producing a normal corpse. long Cooldown
-Bonsei Slam: The bear picks up it's entire body, slamming its weight onto the target unit dealing intense damage but dealing some recoil damage back to the bear. Also damages any (including allies) that are near the target dealing lesser damage.

Level 6
Hey everybody !
I'm sorry for late answer, last weeks were so looong for me because of studies, I had a lot (yes, a LOT ! T_T) of homework to do and no time to post here...

I'm very sorry to announce this, but some weeks ago I got (yes I'm a lucker) a StarCraft II key, and I began the mapping on StarCraft II galaxy editor. I don't have more motivation to keep working on this RPG, because of time, friends IRL, and work in school, and because the new SC2 editor rocks ! D:

I apologize for all the people enjoying and waiting this map, and moreover for the people like WherewolfTherewolf who helped me in the creation of... nothing. :sad:

But I think my work will be useful anyway, because I will release an open source version of the map, so people will be able to see how I made my systems. :wink:

One more time : SORRY to all of you !

I hope I'll see some of you on StarCraft II, rendez-vous here ! :D

Level 6
That sounds like a competent takeover. Well, i haven't seen any of your stuff WTW... but I wouldn't mind seeing your name on it ^^, What do you think, Rommstein?

Yes, I think he could be able to continue the map. I contacted him, he seems to know vJass basics (probably like me, I'm not a vJass pro ^^), so he could easily keep up my work. If other people are interested (I mean competent mappers, with at least some years of experience and if possible released project(s)), tell me and I will see with WherewolfTherewolf if you could join the team. :wink:

Anyway, it's good to see that people are still motivated to see the map released one day, I'm proud of this and I thank you all. :D

Beats me, but i have seen people with that attitude. :/

Some people just seem to utterly despise GUI for some reason - I am definitely not one of those people (I often prefer GUI to vJass as it seems quicker to me). Yeah, there's no way I'll be able to finish this by myself with my other commitments so another person to help will definitely be welcome (especially when it comes to stuff like adding in quests and the like).

k, I'll probably be on sometime today.

Oh, nice! Does that mean that i'm on? And, what do you mean by quests? Just the regular 'credz' 'how to play' - etc, etc, or do you want NPC beasts handing out q's? (If so, i have an extremely nice q system, that foremost is easy to set up ^^)

Well the last one had NPC beasts/tree things handing out q's so we should do that again - though I would like the quests to be a bit more involved this time (I didn't play through the entire game in the last one but the quests I did do were like go kill this many or get this item or protect this creatures) so the quests should be more creative (of course the kills this many or get this item or etc. etc. are good for like side/optional quests). So your quest system should be good then.

Level 1
Sad to see our creator leaving the project :(

But glad to see that it might still be possible for the map to still exist one day ^^
Id love to help but my skills with the editor are crap :( But if ya ever need another beta tester ill be willing to play my part. After playing the first game and waiting for an update or new version to come along for so long itd suck to have this game fall into the dust before release. I check bac for more news! ^^

-Starquest/Serenitywolf in Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.