• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

• Dante's Inferno • Warcraft III Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
DANTE'S INFERNO
W a r c r a f t 3 M o d

• Storyline •
My name is Dante. I am a warrior of God, a crusaider of the holy powers. The year is 1098.
"Beatrice... I write this to you my loved, in the name of God. I will keep my promise, I will return to you my beloved. This crusade will soon be over and I will soon see your beautiful smile once more. My love for you grow for each day in this war. For each day that passes, I miss you more. I won't be here much longer my loved, soon we will be together. Soon we can get married with God as our witness. I love you forever.
Dante"

Play as Dante and do your best to save hes loved Beatrice.
You will fight your way through the nine circles of hell. Slay the demons in your path and prove to your self and lucifer that you can keep the promise to Beatrice, that you will never let anything hurt her.
The rest of the game, is yours to discover.

• Progress, Changelog and To-Do-List •

Terrain: █████████
Units: ██████████
Spells: ██████████
Systems: ██████████
Items: ██████████
2D resources: ██████████
3D resources: ██████████
Other: ██████████

Total Progress: ██████████
~ About 7% completed.

Date (YEAR-MONTH-DAY-TIME)

2010-03-04 10:11 PM
• THE PROJECT IS BACK!
For some time, I was unable to continue the work of this project. However; I saved a backup version (diwc3_projecteditionv_0_0_0_5b.w3x) and can now continue the hard work! Just let me install NewGen again and add some addons and soon you will see some more screenshots and changes!
Note: The 0.0.0.5b version is not the newest I made (0.0.0.7a was). So I must recreate alot of things :(

Next step *1: Create the Dark Forest
Next step *2: Update the thread with more screenshots and features.
About *1: This is where Dante will face hes first dark enemie(s).
About *2: Soon there will be more screenshots and features!

• About Dante's Inferno •
Dante's Inferno Warcraft 3 Mod is based on the "Dante's Inferno" book.
There is also a game coming for Playstation 3 and XBox 360 (Click here to see the preview of the game).

This is a Singleplayer RPG that will require a lot of hard work and time to finish, but with the help of my team, we will pull it off!
The map is sized to 480x480 with well made terrain and no randomly made resouces. I can ensure you that this will be unlike anything you have ever played before!

• Features •

Terrain

• A clean terrain with no randomly placed doodads
• Custom models
• Shading to make it look more real
• Custom sky (soon...)
• More than 15 locations (the 9 Circles of hell included)
• A beautiful terrain that I will put alot of work on
Systems

• Options system
○ Press ESC to display.
○ Change the look of Dante.
○ Change volume.
○ Change screen bright/darkness.
○ Modify some systems.
○ Swap between multiple Multiboards.
○ Enable/disable several options.
• Attack system
○ You can attack allied, but this will also make them attack you after X ammount of attacks.
○ Use the keyboard arrows to use different type of attacks.
○ Use the keyboard arrows to do combo-attacks.
• Expericne and Leveling systems
○ Experice is based on Attacks, not killing.
○ The more damage you deal, the more experience points you get.
○ When you level-up, a Tech-Tree will display that allows you to upgrade your skills.
○ Leveling will reset your Health and Mana.
• Text's System
○ Display how much damage you deal (can be disabled in the Options menu).
○ When you attack a Demon or such, Dante might curse him (displays a message above Dante (can be disabled in the Options menu)).
○ Hints and Game tips displayed every 10 min (can be disabled in the Options menu).
• AI System
○ Each hostile enemy and friendly allied have a advanced AI system. They will damage/help you with different type of attacks and spell depending on your Health, Mana and level.
○ The enemy can call for help whenever they are in a need for it.
♣ More Features comes soon ♣

• F.A.Q •
- Post a question and the reply will end up here -

light bolt30:------------------------------------------------------
May I ask that, are you trying to recreate every aspect of the real game?

No. I am not trying to recreate EVERY aspect of the game, but most of it.
I will add things that are not in the orginal game, but I will also leave out some things.

Varine-------------------------------------------------------------
How come any time a somewhat popular game or movie comes out, someone immediately makes a map based of it?

First of all, this map is NOT based on the game. It is based on the book and movie of Dante's Inferno.
Second, your question is sort of not accurate. I have for example not seen anyone recreate Assasins Creed or any other game like that.

Jsprat100----------------------------------------------------------
How are you going to do the Lust level?

I will make it with custom models that supports the special effects and other.
I will also make a cinematic that will make it just like in the movie.

• Screenshots •
Previews
(1) - Game Starts
This is the area where you can select to load a saved game, or start a new journey. Note that the sky will be changed. If you have any tips on how to improve the screenshot(s), please comment!

screenshot_id_001_hellpreview.png

• The Project Team •

Administration.
HaniBon (Project Creator and Leader).

Skinning and Icons.
Narrator (Skinning).
supertonikz (Icons).

If you want to join the team, we could need:
1: (1-2) 3D model creators.
2: (1) 2D skinning creators.
3: (1-2) Spell creators.
4: (2-3) Systems creators.
5: (1) Unit editors.
6: (1) A Co-Administrator (to do just about anything).

We would also need some people to record voices to the manus for in-game cinematics, however; this feature will come later on but you can still let us know if you wish to join!

• Keep the project alive! •
Please share your comments and ideas to make the project stay alive!

Last edited:
Level 9
You already have a thread about this, no need for another one.

Yes a Unofficial thread.
Go check it out again.

That thread was just for if some people wanted to give feedback, if they think I should make the project happen or not etc.

This is the official thread.

Level 9
May I ask that, are you trying to recreate every aspect of the real game?

- Question added to the F.A.Q. -

No. I am not trying to recreate EVERY aspect of the game, but most of it.
I will add things that are not in the orginal game, but I will also leave out some things.

- BUMP -

- Thread Updated! -Check the Changelog for more information...

Level 9
Really nice idea dude and I hope this project will not die! but I think the terrain in the first screenshot needs more work and you should make areas like this http://www.wallpaperez.info/wallpaper/games/Dantes-Inferno-1901.jpg :D
keep up the good work man!

Verry nice Feedback (+rep)!

Thanks alot man! This is the type of comments I need ;)
I am a dude who needs attention to keep up my work, and comments like this just makes me want to work work work :thumbs_up:

About the Screenshot: Yeah I will remake it a bit, maybe darker and a few more doodads and such?

The picture you linked: This is a place that will be created later on, the 9 circles of hell will take some time but they will be here :wink:

Thanks again!

Level 8
I love Dante's Inferno (I have just got onto Anger on the Xbox 360) but I would hate for you to mess it up. It is a brilliant game based off of a brilliant poem.

I would love to see some of the people from history and myth on this, gives the game more depth. One of my favourites was Cerberus on the Gluttony level and Mark Antony on the Lust level.

The game is meant to be disturbing, after all it is hell personified, so have fun with blood and stuff.

Level 9
I love Dante's Inferno (I have just got onto Anger on the Xbox 360) but I would hate for you to mess it up. It is a brilliant game based off of a brilliant poem.

I would love to see some of the people from history and myth on this, gives the game more depth. One of my favourites was Cerberus on the Gluttony level and Mark Antony on the Lust level.

The game is meant to be disturbing, after all it is hell personified, so have fun with blood and stuff.

First of all, thanks for the comment!
"Give the game more depth"
- You got it sir!
This map is not based on the game for xBox and PS3, more of the Book and movie but they are kind of the same.

I will work hard on the terrain and the screenshot is just a preview so don't hang up on that :wink:

Mhm I don't know Dante's Inferono but I think this map, mod or campaign (wahtever xD) hast got lot of potencial. You only need to make good terrain, story charakters, and gameplay (only -_-). It would be really bad if you let it die.

1: Thanks for the comment :)
2: The terrain will be nice just give it a month and a lot of more detailed screenshots will be here ;)
3: As long as I have people (like you) supporting this project, it will never die!

Thanks!

Level 9
Damn I was hoping for DIII quality terraining. It's just 7/10 from me.

The feature list looks pretty cool though.

Good luck.

About the Terrain, read my other comments :wink:

That screenshot is just a preview, it will be more detailed don't worry ;)

Thanks for the comment!

Level 6
How come any time a somewhat popular game or movie comes out, someone immediately makes a map based of it?

Level 9

Hey dude.

First of all, you sort of failed here...
1: This map is not based on the game, it's based on the book and movie (if you would read the whole topic you would see that).
2: It's not true. This faar, I have not seen anyone recreate for example "Prototype" or "Assasins Creed".

- Question added to the F.A.Q. -

Level 9
Hope that most things are custom skinned to get the inferno feeling. I will sometime check back on this project to see where you're up to :D. Goodluck on finishing this map.

Yeah thanks
And yes I will use alot of custom models and skins, dont you worry :wink:

Well, see ya around then :grin:

Level 12
I know its just a preview terrain but IF you didnt know this then I tell you. on the kinda spiky terrain just use a little smooth brush and a few clicks. This will make it look more natural. I guess this could be a useful tip.

good luck! keep it alive

PS: what about my signature :p?

Level 9
I know its just a preview terrain but IF you didnt know this then I tell you. on the kinda spiky terrain just use a little smooth brush and a few clicks. This will make it look more natural. I guess this could be a useful tip.

good luck! keep it alive

PS: what about my signature :p?

*LOL*
Haha yeye I rep you :cool:
About the terrain: 2 new screenshots will come out today!
The new screenshots will not be previews, it will show how it really will look :mwahaha:

Looks well planned out, I've seen the movie was awesome. I'm pretty excited to find out what you will do for the boss fights heh ^.^

Yeh thanks man :grin:
The move is great, yes, and the boss fights will be based on the movie so I hope it will be good :thumbs_up:

Thanks for the comments guys!
Please keep making em!

Level 9
How are you going to do the Lust level? In all media (game, poem, movie) isn't it pretty much all the carnal tower? Warcraft III doesn't really support vertical travel. Just want to know how you will tackle it...

Thanks for the Question, it's added to the F.A.Q. :wink:

Well, how I will make the Lust level... That will be hard yes, but I think I will manage it. With some custom models etc, I think I can pull it off :wink:

Level 13
will you have your pal Virgil help you out in some places perhaps as someone you can summon for 30 secs that will help you? Will you be fighting your way into hell threw the 9 circles or out from the 9th until you get out?

How will you do the seventh layer which I believe is the river of blood?

What exactly are the bad guys gonna be?

Level 9
will you have your pal Virgil help you out in some places perhaps as someone you can summon for 30 secs that will help you? Will you be fighting your way into hell threw the 9 circles or out from the 9th until you get out?

How will you do the seventh layer which I believe is the river of blood?

What exactly are the bad guys gonna be?

Great questions if I may say.

1: Virgil - Virgil will be spawned whenever you enter a new circle or when you will fight a new boss. You can also spwan virgil by calling for him, but you may only do this 10 times.

2: 9 Circles - You will fight your way INTO hell, you start in Dante's house, then travels to Jerusalem for the Crusaide, once done there, you will enter Hell. The mission is just like in the movie: To save Beatrice.

3: Layers - This will be hard yes, but I will use red water and place some doodads in it to make it more real.

4: The "Bad Guys" - The Bad Guys will be demons from hell. Several different type of demons. The Bosses are ancient kings and lords, but with the shape of a demon. The main boss will be Lucifer him self.

Level 35
My name is Dante. I am a warrior of God, a crusaider of the holy powers. The year is 1098.

That... killed a part of me.

I suggest you rewrite the concept without Dante in it. The map just has nothing to do with the Inferno created by Dante, I don't see why his work has to be made into something it was never meant to represent. I mean, Dante's works are phylosophical pieces of art, not something about killing zombies and demons.

Just do the thing without Dante in it, it would be more... "factual."

Level 9
Thread notice.
The project is not dead. My network connection is broken and therefor there are no uppdates. This will soon be fixed!!

Level 4
I was thinking about this and the XBox game last night. I'm reading The Inferno right now it really doesn't lend itself to a video game, as Zombie. said. The tortured people in Hell are mostly friendly enough to Dante as he meets them and the monsters guarding each circle are just minor annoyances that Virgil can dismiss easily. The story is about Dante's reflection on his own morality (and perhaps mortality) and his quest to find his love, Beatrice.

Level 9
I was thinking about this and the XBox game last night. I'm reading The Inferno right now it really doesn't lend itself to a video game, as Zombie. said. The tortured people in Hell are mostly friendly enough to Dante as he meets them and the monsters guarding each circle are just minor annoyances that Virgil can dismiss easily. The story is about Dante's reflection on his own morality (and perhaps mortality) and his quest to find his love, Beatrice.

True.
This will reflect in the game aswell. You will find friendly demons that with virgils help, will guide you in hell. They will help you find the easiest ways through hell.

Level 7
I REALLY LIKE THIS!hope this map like D3 that is cloudwolfs really awesome game... you need a team to do this..

Level 9
FINALY THE PROJECT IS BACK!

Sorry people, but for some weeks this project was dead since my computer has crashed. HOWEVER; I saved the Inferno on a USB so now I'm just going to download NewGen and some other addons and get back to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.