• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

¿It's possible -load from different WC3 versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a way to load characters from diferent WC3 versions? I mean... i was playing on 1.28.5 (be cause my friends dont have the original WC3), and wana use that chars in battle net (where the WC3 version is 1.30.2.....)
It's possible?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@TriggerHappy knows more about this than me, I summon thee

I am quite surprised though, as long as the natives match it should work.
And 1.29 did not introduce natives which are used in save/load systems.

I suppose it is possible that the load code contains info regarding what version you played on to prevent sharing your load code.

Last edited:
Level 7
I can't load it.... i used the code, but it say "error"
Zwiebel had a couple of code wipes, where you have to play a specific version of the map with both save systems to convert the save from the old system to a new one, so depending on how many versions ago you played you may have to basicly convert your code 3-4 times from one version to another. The codes are also bound to your username so make sure it's the same as the one you had on the older wc3 with friends.

Level 2
Zwiebel had a couple of code wipes, where you have to play a specific version of the map with both save systems to convert the save from the old system to a new one, so depending on how many versions ago you played you may have to basicly convert your code 3-4 times from one version to another. The codes are also bound to your username so make sure it's the same as the one you had on the older wc3 with friends.
It was the nickname =D Thank u very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.