• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

where'd my way-gate go!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello, me again...

i have a way-gate in my map that keeps on vanishing whenever I test the map. :vw_wtf:

i tweaked it to look like a circle of power (also made it smaller and changed its pathing texture). i'm using this same model for about 10 other 'portals', none of which go away, just the one..?!

is there any reason why his might happen? (cliff hight, proximity to doodads??!)

i have 'activated' it in the editor and set the destination to the right region (inside the big building), its just that the actual unit (i.e the circle of power) does not show up in-game.

[attached screens for reference]

any ideas why this might happen?

Attachments

• there in editor.jpg
    there in editor.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 98
  • in-game not there.jpg
    in-game not there.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 148
Level 4
none, don't have any triggers yet... just been doing terraining, model imports and testing with a couple of units to see if it all works (i.e. can the run up ramps/use portals etc.)

Level 4
reinstalled, problem solved! fuggin bugz!

thanx for the help! + rep (when i can...)

whilst on the topic of way-gates, i have another question:

is it possible for the way-gate to remember which way-gate you came from?

my city has 2 sides (left and right) which are both similar. i have shops (and other buildings) in the city that players can go into, however to save space (and for balancing reasons) the shop on the left and the shop on the right are the same place.

now, do I have to make 2 entrances/exits in the shop (one for left and one for right), or can one way-gate remember where you came from and port you back to that one? (i'm assuming triggers must be set up to do this)

(if this counts as double post, i'm sorry...)

you can, using hashtables... or indexing...

basically you save the location of the waygate where you came from into a hashtable using the unithandle as key, and then when you go out, load that location...

oh wait... I think you cannot fire an event with a waygate entry... you might need to just trigger the teleport...

Level 4
ok, doesn't seem to overly complicated. however, never used hashtables before... i'll go find a tut so long... u dont happen to know of a good one, do ya?

Level 4
hehe.. thanks, i'm pretty sure u'll be hearing from me.

b.t.w check out the thread in my signature if you have time to spare, lots to help with there ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.