• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing a Unit's Texture via Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there any way that I can change the texture of a unit using a trigger? I.E. if I can change a unit's texture to look like he's wearing armor when he is wearing armor by changing the whole texture, or just one of the textures used by the model, when he equips an item?

Level 8
you can, however, attach a model to the unit.
or have a custom buff, add the weapon/armor/etc. model to the Art - Target and make sure you have the corresponding Art - Target Attachment Point, add the custom buff to a custom passive-based ability, then add the ability to the item to be equipped.

OFF:
You might wish to consider SC2 though as this is possible there. It does not even need script to do it.
you really live up to your StarCraft II Moderator status. was the 2nd time i saw a thread where you said something like that :p
i myself wanted to switch to SC2, just waiting for the Protoss part to be done before buying the whole thing

Level 17
This is more like a hackery approach for a solution rather than something neat. It also has limitations such as requiring a tree to cast, removing an attack index etc.

at lest it's better than nothing doc..
:)
I agreed that this method simply limiting a unit's attack index, and require a tree to change
But, who cares?
As long as they can made a neat map, this is the 'neatest' way to do texture change in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.