• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Item attachment directly on unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need a system of item attachment dircetly on unit. I'm going to make a hero (or normal unit) looking like villager man. I want to make it when he finds a weapon and picks it it looks like he is weilding that weapon. Also when he finds armor he looks like wearing this armor. Just need it for 4 weapons and 4 armors (no shields etc).

Same thing was in mansion murderer but im not making mansion murderer.

If you have any tutorials it would be great ^^

are you looking for something simple or advanced?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/advanced-equipment-system-save-load-event-133727/?prev=search%3Dweapon%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D2 Advanced

Simple create an ability i use item armour bonus set bonus armour to 0
Art - Target (your model here)
Art - Target attachment point 1 (this is where you want the attachment to go) e.g Hand, Left / Hand, right / head / chest
make sure you create 2 sting for hand - Hand and Left do not put them in the same one

i suggest you look in the toutorial section for more info

Level 2
I rather look for somethin simple, not advanced :>

I wonder hows that skill Sphere is called in my copy of warcraft 3 (i have oryginall, Polish version). :<

Level 2
Marhmalo I believe this but u know I can figure out hows that skill Sphere called in my wc3.

Level 9
I've done this a lot and I find it easiest to (for weapons) use "Item Damage Bonus (+1)" so that you can change the damage of the item and like DsDarkMaster said, change the field Art - Target to the weapon model you want attached and Art - Target Attachement Point to either "hand, right" or "hand, left" "hand" being one string and either "right" or "left" being another. Same goes for your armor, though I would suggest using "Item Armor Bonus (+1)" instead of damage bonus so you can change the amount of armor given, you will also want to change the Art - Attachment Point to chest.

Hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.