• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unit/ Item Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi

I'm working on a campaign where different items are picked up and visibly add to the model. Armor, Weapons, Shields, Helmets... etc. One unit type is a huge panda, and another is a small human. When the human picks up weapons or armor etc scaled for the panda, it looks ridiculous. Is there a way to classify items such that they can only be picked up by one type of unit?

Perhaps I could set the classification of the Panda characters to "giant" and somehow convert the items such that they can only be picked up by units classed as giant.

I've been digging through the editor for a while for a way to do this. Any ideas? Maybe others have done this before?

Last edited:
  • Weapon
  • Unit - Aquires an item
  • if/then/else
  • Unit is mechanical = true
  • then
  • Special effect: Destroy Weapon
  • custom script: set udg_Weapon = null
  • Special effect: create SmallWeapon attached to hand,right
  • set Weapon = last created special effect
  • else
  • Special effect: Destroy Weapon
  • custom script: set udg_Weapon = null
  • Special effect: create BigWeapon attached to hand,right
  • set Weapon = last created special effect
Here's a trigger, It's crappy because I didn't write it in the WE, anyway,you need 2 models for each weapon, a small one and a big one. Then when the unit picks it up, if it's a human, it makes it a small effect, but if it's a panda, it makes a big weapon.

Level 2
Ok cool that works. But is there any way to make it so that human characters cannot pick up Panda items?

Status
Not open for further replies.