• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi

I'm working on a campaign where different items are picked up and visibly add to the model. Armor, Weapons, Shields, Helmets... etc. One unit type is a huge panda, and another is a small human. When the human picks up weapons or armor etc scaled for the panda, it looks ridiculous. Is there a way to classify items such that they can only be picked up by one type of unit?

Perhaps I could set the classification of the Panda characters to "giant" and somehow convert the items such that they can only be picked up by units classed as giant.

I've been digging through the editor for a while for a way to do this. Any ideas? Maybe others have done this before?

Level 18
So maybe then use item clasification ( miscelanious, campaign, purchasable ) each one would be for giant normal small and then restrict giants for miscelanious

unit aquries an item
manipulated item = item of type purchasable / giant )

if unit is giant then
nothing
else item remove item being manipulated, creeate item of unit siz

Level 2
uhhh.. don't use miscellaneous, it causes my warcraft 3 to crash... on all my comps ans it only happens when that trigger fires....

Status
Not open for further replies.