• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Let's Mod YouTube series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently thinking about starting a small YouTube series about the mapping process.
Basicly, what I'll do is capture the whole mapmaking process and a voice-over, explaining what I do and why.

It will feature my project Gaias Retaliation ORPG in it's current state, which means that (since the map is basicly feature-complete) this will most likely not qualify as a general mapmaking tutorial for beginners.

However, as I explain the internal structure of the map and talk about used systems when I work with them, this might still be interesting for mid-level mappers, as it will highlight advanced concepts like databases, modularity and automated creation of content.
I will also share my personal experiences with how to approach an RPG map project and what to take care of right from the start, in order to save precious time and effort to help make new content faster.
(...and of course some funny anecdotes about what I did wrong or why I still hate my past-self for some of the stuff I implemented)

Now my question is: Would someone be interested in watching this?

One of the cool parts of this is, that users will be able to have a more direct say about what I make and what not; so users can be directly involved in the whole mapping process through the comments. Though this could be even better if I run this on twitch. But then I won't have the ability to cut out boring parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.