• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New Series: Former Warcraft 3 developer David Fried answers questions on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey everyone! It's my honor to present a new video collaboration series I'm doing with Warcraft 3 level designer David "DesignerDave" Fried. He took a bunch of (like, a couple hundred) questions from his own Discord and mine, and we'll both be releasing new videos on our channels over time where he answers them.

Most importantly, Dave has connections with legends like Chris Metzen and Tim Campbell. If these videos get enough attention, he may be able to convince them to do some kind of "20 year Warcraft reunion" AMA and answer questions of their own! So make sure to tune in and like and share these videos with everyone you know who's into Warcraft.

Level 42
all my hopes and dreams shattered
not my freaking betarinos.png

Level 49
View attachment 389811
Wow! Good to know though. I wonder if absolutely everything in those builds was nothing but a show. I'm curious about stuff conceptually also. After all, some models were made (Orc "Knight" / Warlord, Human Knight with a mace, Hero Abomination...) and later repurposed. It's quite interesting.

I'm curious if Samwise can ever show up in one of these. I doubt it, right, because he's still with Blizz I guess.

Level 11
View attachment 389811
Meanwhile, Total Annihilation had witchcraft to run many 3d units at the same time in a small map, and then you had Dark Reign 2.

This makes me doubt of Blizzard Graphical and Engineery Skills as hire the first idiots leaving irvine college and UCLA and they got the cheapest ones for a penguin and a free visits to the nudie bar.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Already fucked by 2008 but we knew that, I remember people freaking out about the merge back then and others saying nah bro calm down. Then Wrath came out and it was obvious it wasn't done, then Cata wasn't done either and was just a mess.

These videos have reminded me again that many modern games have likely taken their ideas from mods and custom maps. I'm still 95% sure that the battle royale/survival map design or at the least the most common one used is from the console version of Far Cry. Jumping out of a plane made out of many scenery pieces onto a series of small but interconnected islands with waterways in between them. And the predator jumps out of the plane last to chase you down and kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.