• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Autumn RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Time for some pictures.
Some new ones

Yo3.jpgYo4.jpg
Current Forest
Forest1.jpgForest2.jpgForest3.jpg
Old
Shot1.pngShot2.pngShot3.png

Last edited:
Level 36
If this is a single-player RPG as the title suggests then you need to go WAY heavier on the imports, dont forget, as long as it is single player, the import size means nothing. And even so, it wouldnt cost you anything to import some trees from the UTM of which I see as the largest problem here. The standard blizzard trees simply looks horrible. I would also suggest you use some of the animated grass or just some shrubs on the grass to make it look more.. Three dimentional.

Level 7
Nothing wrong with bliz tress in playable terrain that ISNT single player. Use HT's fat pine tree it looks great un autumn terrain

Level 3
That doesnt look much like autumn in my opinion, looks more like some plauged lands, change the fog.

Level 15
those 'Old' screenshots are not bad, but the blizz tree look awful, completely awful

'Current Forest' looks much better. way too many lampposts make it look very unnatural though

Level 36
those 'Old' screenshots are not bad, but the blizz tree look awful, completely awful

'Current Forest' looks much better. way too many lampposts make it look very unnatural though

I quite disagree, there isnt too many lamp-posts one bit, for my part.

And the shrubs really look just fine. And for my own comment, well, everything looked quite nice except the trees before, and now you've changed them, so now almost all looks good. You simply need to just refine and nit-pick a little here and there. I would suggest using the "Shrub: Plant 4" in the UTM instead of normal Shrubs though >.>

Level 19
Nice atmosphere Leet.firefox but it doesn't look like a forest to me.
Yes there are much tree's but I wouldn't use so much fences and lanterns. Atm I'd say it looks like a big garden or something. There's nothing that makes it look like 100% real nature. However I like the atmosphere you made alot.

Oh and don't forget to lower the tree's a littlebit, in the 3rd screenshot you can see the tree "roots" comming above the ground.

Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.