• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autumn Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
An evening in the season of Autumn.

Attachments

• Autumn Eve 2.png
    Autumn Eve 2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 375
Level 18
I like it. Nice warm atmosphere indeed. There are a few things with it though.

The shadows are facing the East(Right) in the picture, but the sun is directly north(Up) of the screenshot . This inconsistency makes the pic kinda strange.

The mountains in the back look cool. However that Huge Abre tree on the mountain throws off the Scale of the enitre terrain. I suggest removing it or scaling it down.

The grass also doesn't seem to fit to well.

Other then those things, I really liked this terrain. Espcially the sky and its atmosphere.
EDit : Ohh i also just noticed the use of shadow doodads on the mountains. Very nice, i never thought of that.

Level 7
The pic is very soothing and peaceful, I like it. The fog is great, grass is not that great but yeah, grass is very hard to do in such an empty place.

I think the human barracks fit just fine^^

Level 36
The barracks and the units look horrible. The grass doesn't look good at all, I've never liked that grass model, though the shadows doesn't really bother me. Add more details to it, Belg, and do something about the grass, remove the barracks and units and you MIGHT just have a better terrain going.

The atmosphere is nice, however.

i seriously don't get what the big issue with the units/barracks is, personally i think they don't look extremely out of place, just a remote outpost with a couple of guys inside and (assumable) the rest of the small unit indoors.
keiji, what with the grass sounds like model preference?
like i said before, it's meant to be simple; i don't usually make flamboyant and extravagant terrains. especially with this terrain, i wanted a lack of details ie. a simple terrain.
ofc i'm stubborn too

paint picture attached

Attachments

• paintexp.jpg
    paintexp.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 149
I like the barracks and units, i don't see whats wrong with belg's idea.
Here is my paint picture of the shadows, look:

what the fuck...
if you haven't noticed, the tree has two sides of leaves. the rest of them are just completely retarded, what the fuck is with the side beside the tree/barracks? that wouldn't be in the shadow of anything. other two also don't have a shadow.. i don't even know where you got those shadows from, i can kinda see what you mean about the angle of the tree

Level 10
if i'm gonna jump in i think a yes the barracks work but i would biuld it up a little more like make it look slighty more bulky, and the out of scale tree needs to be sorted other wise i think it has a sense of serenity to it

Level 10
I think this looks great, the only thing i would say is the hill to the right looks too bare - maybe add a tree or something there.

Level 25
Only issue that bugs me is the Knight looks like he can hardly fit through the main door of that Barracks. I'd say increase the Barracks size and maybe the hills too to make them appear more like mountains and fit the scaling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.