• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Palaza De Celor [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Alright, hey there.

I am working on this little project of mine, which essentially started with me having the idea of terraining a sertain location in a story I am writing to better be able to envision it and to describe it. As I continued I found out that I really enjoyed making it, so I wanted to finnish it up, and add loads of details to it. This is also why it is terrained in playable fashion, becuase in all honestly, it was meant to be "walkable" if you see my point. Now I am stuck with little inspiration and little ideas as to how I shall continue, and that is why I post this here; I seek advice and critique, to better make the map, and to get a better finnished product.

Hope you guys can come with valid points, and help me out on this one :)

Attachments

• Celor 1.jpg
    Celor 1.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Celor 2.jpg
    Celor 2.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Celor 3.jpg
    Celor 3.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Celor 4.jpg
    Celor 4.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Celor 5.jpg
    Celor 5.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Celor 6.jpg
    Celor 6.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 298
  • Celor 7.jpg
    Celor 7.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 257
Level 19
OMG! I totally <3 that archway made out of rocks! This looks like it would be an excellent terrain for map. However, I think that the pillars need more variaty, they look too alike especially in picture 4 and 5. Maybe if you make some sort of connection between them it would look better. You could also place shadows under the trees. Anyway, this terrain really reminds me of the Prince of Persia, lol. :p

Level 36
OMG! I totally <3 that archway made out of rocks! This looks like it would be an excellent terrain for map. However, I think that the pillars need more variaty, they look too alike especially in picture 4 and 5. Maybe if you make some sort of connection between them it would look better. You could also place shadows under the trees. Anyway, this terrain really reminds me of the Prince of Persia, lol. :p

Thanks, of course I am going to do something about those pillars, that was the essential idea, they were simply placeholders, but I seem to have forgotten it, so thanks for re-reminding me :p

Also, when giving advice, please do not think about the playability part of it, I can as soon as now say that it will not be released as a playable map. And thats about that. thanks for the advices though, I hope on getting more ;)

Those shots of the garden are pretty inspiring. An Orchard done in that fashion would look pretty sweet if you need somewhere to go with it - It also brings to mind the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (wait, was it Babylon?) if you want to take that approach in doing more terraining.

The only thing I can say is that where the grass meets the tile in Picture 5 is a bit...less smooth then your standards. The tile meeting just contrasts all that great work you put into the doodads.

Level 5
Hello i'd love to see more complex playable terrain nice :)

Now I am stuck with little inspiration and little ideas as to how I shall continue, and that is why I post this here; I seek advice and critique, to better make the map, and to get a better finnished product.

I like your work until now if it's playabel.
I see you try to seek after perfectism, i see some little flaws which i could tell you directly.
But if you are willing to make the map really better i guess you should accept to work on some models and textures also.

Sometimes you are getting with your terrain at a point where you can upgrade your terrain (well also with minor changes) more with changing models (using othere models) or creating them self also textures help sometimes.

If you want we could talk in detail about it in the chat if you like.

Level 8
The terraining is really good, but that fuzzy teal texture is distracting, it just looks a lot more blurry than all the other textures

Level 36
Now seriously folks. I dont know shit about texturing and modeling, even though it is kind to suggest it, it simply wont happen that I try editing these models to make my terrain look better. I would most likely fail at doing so anyways <.<

Thanks for the comments and critique, but I would want to make one statement clear: I said it was made in a "playable fashion" as in made as IF it would be playable. I've never said it IS playable, though it would be with some minor tweaks, but it is not planned out to be a playable map.

Status
Not open for further replies.